throttle body size - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
throttle body size
Friday, November 11, 2005 9:55 PM
Can you have a throttle body that is bored too much? Say if I was going from a stock 2.4 throttle body to a 62mm throttle body, would that be bad? will my AEM short ram intake still fit?

hugs and hand pounds, peace

Re: throttle body size
Friday, November 11, 2005 10:04 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8012581690
this is the link I was posting about. does the throttle body look different to any body? i havent had a chance to take a look at my stock 2.4 one yet. any help would be greatly appreciated

hugs and hand pounds, peace
Friday, November 11, 2005 10:22 PM
I dont know a whole lot, but what i do know, i will tell. From what i know, u can over bore a t/b,in some cases, it can actually hurt your performance pretty bad, as for how and why?, i cant really tell u, but i am curious myself, so if anyone knows for sure, please post for us.
Friday, November 11, 2005 11:05 PM
I don't know if a stock TB would have enough material to be bored out that much but even if it could, velocity plays into effect. Lack of velocity will effet your powerband. It's kind of like putting a 3" cat-back on your car when you're not boosted or modified engine wise...it's just too big and not enough air-flow is going through for it to be useful (in the exhaust system though backpressure plays a big effect).

If you're bored out on a stock TB, it will fit with no problem. Remember, you're boring the inside of the TB and not increasing the diameter of the outer wall of the TB itself.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Saturday, November 12, 2005 7:28 AM
take a good look at the post about volumetric effeciency that was made by Event. it will tell u everything you need to know about sizing throttle bodies.

this is my sig
Monday, November 14, 2005 12:45 AM
This post has more opinions in it if your interested.

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=2&i=313015&t=311916#313015

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search