Bigger Exhaust - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Bigger Exhaust
Tuesday, November 22, 2005 5:26 PM
Anybody in Wisconsin around the Beaver Dam/Fondy/Madison area know of anywhere that will do a 2.25" or 2.5" exhaust on a cavi??? I talked to the guy that I was gonna have do it but he said by the time he made the bends to get the tubing over the rear axle it wouldn't have been any more free flowing than the stock, because the tubing would've closed on itself to bad to make it worthwhile

if it ain't broke...MAKE IT GO FASTER

Re: Bigger Exhaust
Tuesday, November 22, 2005 5:50 PM
whoever tld you that is full of crap.
might wanna ask in your regional forum

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Tuesday, November 22, 2005 5:53 PM
I did and nobody responded anything...its just the way hes gotta bend it, cuz he doesn't have a mandrel bender hes got a compression bender

Tuesday, November 22, 2005 5:56 PM
that dont matter. lots of ppl have compression bent exhaust.

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Tuesday, November 22, 2005 5:58 PM
hmmmm...well he told me he didn't wanna do it because he tried it before and it didn't go so hott for him...but we'll see

Wednesday, November 23, 2005 2:01 AM
It sounds like the guy was talking about a crush bend. Either way, the guy is wrong. Find a better exhaust shop or installer.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Wednesday, November 23, 2005 3:25 AM
yeah I have compression bent over my rear axle. I don't see how he couldn't do it. I agree with Adam here, find another shop.

Wednesday, November 23, 2005 6:05 AM
WTF is up with exhaust shops these days? It's possible to run 3" over the rear axle for crying out loud. And unless you use crush bends, it will not be restrictive.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Wednesday, November 23, 2005 9:51 AM
I installed my exhaust myself. Bought Magnaflow's dual bolt on, put it on in a few hours, no big issues. Mufflers aren't completely even though, gonna have it welded up to fix that. Moral: Probably cheaper to do it yourself.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search