pacesetter catback system...loud! - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
pacesetter catback system...loud!
Wednesday, December 21, 2005 7:53 PM
anybody recommend a system for me...got this pacsetter catback on my 04 cavy...sure is loud...anything out there with performance im looking for but quieter. much thanx.

Re: pacesetter catback system...loud!
Wednesday, December 21, 2005 7:59 PM
Put a resonator on it... should quiet it down a bit and make the tone a bit more smooth

Wednesday, December 21, 2005 8:04 PM
put 2 on there

Wednesday, December 21, 2005 8:10 PM
muffler has a resonator on it already...still to much...any ideas...magnaflow? answer?
Wednesday, December 21, 2005 8:25 PM
How bout a 24" resonator.

It will fit.

Wednesday, December 21, 2005 8:27 PM
18" resonator is your friend

ive got a few friends with them and both have resonators , and it sounds good

some ive heard dont sound bad as they come

Wednesday, December 21, 2005 9:26 PM
since you already have it, i guess i shouldn't bother telling you that the pacesetter catback is a piece of @!#$, it falls apart and rusts very easily... but when it does, i recommend you go custom catback.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Thursday, December 22, 2005 6:06 AM
....ah, spotabee beat me to it. Yes, when (hopefully you wont, but...) you start to have quality control problems, you can piece together a nice exhaust syatem for cheap: 94035 hi flow magn. cat, 24 inch resonator, magnaflow muffler, and have a shop bend some pipes and install it all. shouldnt cost too much more than 300 bucks all together.

...don't hate!.. respect people that have talent, even if it is in something you don't like or understand.
Thursday, December 22, 2005 9:22 AM
Yeah, its just a matter of time before it starts going down the drain. I would say use a 25"+ resonator to.

2012 HD VRSCF
2010 Ford Explorer
2006 Ford Ranger
2004 Chevy Cavalier
Thursday, December 22, 2005 9:22 AM
anyone have any experience with the RK sport single exit cat-back? How's it sound? What about an estimated HP gain?
Thursday, December 22, 2005 9:26 AM
i have the rk single and it is in DISPERATE need of a resonator

my rk sounds worse than my friends with the pacesetter with resonators

and im talking GROSS sounding

Thursday, December 22, 2005 9:29 AM
any suggestions for pre-made systems, or does it just make sense to put it together yourself.
Thursday, December 22, 2005 9:39 AM
it will ALWAYS be cheaper pieceing a system together than buying a pre-fab system. You can often find good deals on the individual components and have a muffler shop weld it up and you will save a big chunk of change.

If you want to get a cat-back though go ahead I understand it is a lot easier, but easy often=expensive. Good luck though

Thursday, December 22, 2005 9:44 AM
http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=48&i=14934&t=14934

down near the bottom , there are some links to vids of my cav at the track , ive got a header and high flow cat , and the pipes are all 2 1/4" , youll have to wait to hear the exhaust after i pass the camera to hear it , but its nasty sounding

considring its hard to find any shops that do mandrell bending , and since the cost of resonators are cheap , and adding 1 into the system labor wise is easy and cheap to do

if money is some what tight , the pacesetter with a resonator is a decent way to go

and alot of the rust complaints come from or started from people that live in areas with road salt used in the winter time , and never bother to wash off the salt from their exhaust

the pipes used are aluminized tubing , and ive had the same type of tubing on my 68 elcamino for 20 years now , granted i dont live where road salt is used , but i did live 15 minutes from the beach and spent alot of time there

as with any thing you buy you gotta take care of it , if you dont problems will occur down the road

Thursday, December 22, 2005 10:16 AM
I have the rks single catback with a 25" resonator, header and a cat. Sounds great, all of my friends love it too.

2012 HD VRSCF
2010 Ford Explorer
2006 Ford Ranger
2004 Chevy Cavalier
Thursday, December 22, 2005 6:34 PM
i have the rk with a 25" res and santa is bringing me an undetermined length second res to add in

Thursday, December 22, 2005 6:46 PM
^^ What cat do you have? I have the same setup you do with the 94035 cat and I have no room for another resonator.

2012 HD VRSCF
2010 Ford Explorer
2006 Ford Ranger
2004 Chevy Cavalier
Friday, December 23, 2005 7:11 AM
gona run it after the first 90* bend and before the second one

the section that runs across the car, not front to back, i just have to remeasure cause i don't remember how much room there is

Friday, December 23, 2005 8:55 AM
hey guys, sorry for changing the subject but I don't know where else to put it. Has anyone with an ecotec installed the RK sport spark plug spring conductors. I assume it would produce a more efficient spark, but in the end does that generate any noticable horsepower gain.
Friday, December 23, 2005 11:53 AM
ToBoGgAn:
When you get that measurement post it up.
I think summit has the perfect resonater to fit there. 18" total .

Save a Tranny, Roll-on
15.3@88m.p.h.(I/E)
15.2@94m.p.h.(S/C'd)
15.5@89m.p.h.(Stock GTP)

Friday, December 23, 2005 12:02 PM
Everyone in here is doing a great job but I'd like to add that you shouldn't be thinking how much hp this mod will add on top of the hp that another mod should add. All engines are different and mods will react differently on each car. Also, you can't think that X hp from this mod and Y hp from this mod will give you X+Y hp total. Mods react different with other mods and will not add up like that. Furthermore, cat-back systems will not give you a great hp increase. I'd say maybe 1 or 2 hp could be gained but you need to mod your car as a whole..meaning you should see what you want to do and what you want to achieve and go from there. You can do a full exhaust and maybe then begin working on the motor, thats when you'll start to see greater gains and better performance.

Blown.

Saturday, December 24, 2005 5:30 PM
^^^^^What are you talking about?
The post is about sound. Specifically Resonaters.
How did you get to that long rant.
While I agree some of if it is good information.
That was just completly out of left field.
You almost sound condescending.
Back on topic.
Does anyone have the measurement of the section after the 1st 90 degree bend?

Save a Tranny, Roll-on
15.3@88m.p.h.(I/E)
15.2@94m.p.h.(S/C'd)
15.5@89m.p.h.(Stock GTP)

Saturday, December 24, 2005 6:34 PM
BLWN Z24 wrote:^^^^^What are you talking about?
The post is about sound. Specifically Resonaters.
How did you get to that long rant.
While I agree some of if it is good information.
That was just completly out of left field.
You almost sound condescending.
Back on topic.
Does anyone have the measurement of the section after the 1st 90 degree bend?

I apologize for that, I reread it and changed it a few times hoping it would make sense. My post was geared towards David Arestie, he keeps asking how much horsepower one mod will add and how much another will add. I was attempting to help him out because no one answered that question from him yet. I also apologize if I sounded condescending. I didn't mean to come off rude; sorry guys. I was only trying to answer and unanswered question properly.

Blown.
Saturday, December 24, 2005 9:50 PM
Its cool
Lets do like your sig says
"Drop it and Get Blown".

P.s. As for David. Not to be a dick but thats more of a Newbie Section Question.
Experience will come in time, but on the .org we like to keep the posts on tract and in their respective forums.

Save a Tranny, Roll-on
15.3@88m.p.h.(I/E)
15.2@94m.p.h.(S/C'd)
15.5@89m.p.h.(Stock GTP)

Sunday, December 25, 2005 3:15 PM
BLWN Z24 wrote:Its cool
Lets do like your sig says
"Drop it and Get Blown".

I'm actually getting blown as we speak, I'm very excited. I can't wait to have the money to drop her.

I guess I'm a bit late with this but I guess to make up for my previous post I'll say get a resonator. The largest I've heard fitting was on Event's car, I think the length was 31" (maybe 32", but no larger). I think you'll enjoy your setup alot more if you purchased a 25"-28" resonator.

Blown.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search