exhaust - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
exhaust
Tuesday, December 19, 2006 7:44 PM
Hey guys i need your help...i'm not very knowledgable in exhausts and i want a 3 or 3.5" muffler but not a fart cannon. Preferrably stock looking. I was wondering when i get my exhaust bent by the shop to 2.25" piping...at the end do i need a muffler or would a tip just work. My friend had a glasspack before his tip and no muffler in his GTP. Also should i go header back or cat back..and if i go header back will i need a hi flow cat converter? Please give me some info and suggestions. i dont want it too loud but just for it to sound decent. I want to keep the dual exhaust (one on each side) goin with my car. any help is appreciated...thanks

Re: exhaust
Tuesday, December 19, 2006 8:09 PM
Well, I would do a header-back exhaust. You'll notice the most gain by doing it all at once. I'm doing a new exhaust pretty soon that will consist of a pacesetter header to a high-flow cat to a dynomax super turbo muffler. All with 2.5 inch piping. I'm also fitting the largest resonator I can in there to quiet it down. When all is said and done it should be pretty quiet.

Tuesday, December 19, 2006 8:18 PM
sooo, a really big resonator will help quiet it down... is stock good enough with a hushpower II muffler????
Wednesday, December 20, 2006 7:05 AM
http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=2&i=361714&t=361714#361714

Read that and then you should know enough.

" To study and not think is a waste. To think and not study is dangerous. "
Wednesday, December 20, 2006 7:37 PM
dave is my hero... so I have to go as big on everything as possible, thanks to everyone for all their help... get the advice coming
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search