how does this get done? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
how does this get done?
Monday, January 15, 2007 7:03 AM
just wondering on how to go about doing a conversion from the DIS on my eco over to actual coils and plug wires. which coils and icm to use? wiring diagrams for it? any help works

Re: how does this get done?
Monday, January 15, 2007 7:12 AM
check out rodimus's site, is has a walk through how to to swap to MSD coils, wires, and plugs

Monday, January 15, 2007 11:38 AM
is there anyway to do it without using msd coils. i mean i eventually wanna run msd but for now i was thinking maybe just use some coils from a 2200 with that icm. will it work?
Monday, January 15, 2007 1:03 PM
i suppose it would. but no sense in doing it twice. ya know

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Monday, January 15, 2007 1:56 PM
yea true but i will get way hotter of spark by running independant coils either way. i just wanted to see if it would work. i'm a gm tech in training and can get oem parts for dirt cheap
Monday, January 15, 2007 5:37 PM
Brett Basham wrote:yea true but i will get way hotter of spark by running independant coils either way. i just wanted to see if it would work. i'm a gm tech in training and can get oem parts for dirt cheap

whats your resoning behind thinking coils off a 2200 are going to give you a "way hotter" spark

Monday, January 15, 2007 6:34 PM
btw I'm not saying your wrong, just wondering what info you have

Monday, January 15, 2007 6:42 PM
everything you need

http://www.livewirerodimus.com/Ecotec/msd.html

My car may run 18s, but I can do your taxes in 10 seconds flat.
JBO lube - they would never have enough in stock and we'd never see RodimusPrime again
Monday, January 15, 2007 9:20 PM
because running an independant wire from an independant coil gives it the extra advantage over having one coil run all four plugs. and thanks for the input guys i appreciate it.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search