differences between thrush and super turbo muffler - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
differences between thrush and super turbo muffler
Wednesday, January 31, 2007 8:47 PM
hello my fellow org members!
Ive heard a lot of talk about the dynomax super turbo muffler. I was bored out of my mind and was looking around summitracing.com and saw that they have a "thrush turbo" and a "super turbo" muffler...
Thrush turbo
super turbo

my main question is what is the difference in these mufflers? the thrush is only 20 compared to 40 for the super turbo.
also, is anyone familar with the differences in sound, if any?

AND... does anyone happen to have a decent sound clip with either of these mufflers ON A STOCK SYSTEM!!


oh.. P.S. yes, ive searched and have check the "offical exhaust sound clip thread" aint no newb here

THANKS EVERYONE!!






Re: differences between thrush and super turbo muffler
Wednesday, January 31, 2007 8:51 PM
The name otherwise it's the same muffler and company,



2009 Ford Mustang V6
Re: differences between thrush and super turbo muffler
Wednesday, January 31, 2007 9:16 PM
i've had both, and it seemed like there was much more in-car noise at cruising with the thrush.



JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Re: differences between thrush and super turbo muffler
Thursday, February 01, 2007 6:21 PM
alright, thanks!

anyone else have input?





Re: differences between thrush and super turbo muffler
Sunday, February 04, 2007 9:29 PM
Yea I think they are the same mufflers, Just different packaging, I had Dynomax Thrush Turbo on my 2nd Gen 2.8L cavalier, It sounded ok, Didn't see too much high tone out of the muffler. Well with the V6's they have that prrrrrrrr tone. 4 cyl would be alot quiter.
Re: differences between thrush and super turbo muffler
Monday, February 05, 2007 6:52 AM
well if you look at the links you posted your a click away from seeing........

"Dynomax Thrush Turbo Mufflers
More flow than stock.
If you want something better than your slow-flowing OEM muffler, the Thrush Turbos are just what you need. Backpressure is decreased 30 percent over stock, with a deep performance tone under acceleration that quiets down while cruising. For easy installation, the Turbos are reversible, and the inlet/outlet can be expanded to fit your stock pipes."

and

"Dynomax Super Turbo Mufflers
Safe and sound guarantee.
Dyno tests prove it--Dynomax's Super Turbo mufflers are the closest you can get to running an open pipe, but a lot quieter. To make things even better, Super Turbos have more features than most other mufflers put together--less backpressure for improved quarter mile times, aluminized construction for long life and good looks, patented flow directors that channel exhaust for maximum performance, and fiberglass matting for a deep, throaty, powerful performance tone.
You'll like the sound, Dynomax guarantees it. If these mufflers don't live up to your expectations within the first 90 days, send them back to Dynomax and get a full refund"







Re: differences between thrush and super turbo muffler
Monday, February 05, 2007 8:20 PM
well, im glad that i decided to ask if someone could point out text on a website that i posted and have already read, rather than for asking for personal experience.

/end sarcasm


I was asking if anyone, preferrably those whom have had them or heard them in person, could tell a difference in their tones/noise levels; or if they had a decent sound clip.





Re: differences between thrush and super turbo muffler
Monday, February 05, 2007 8:47 PM
Godspeed wrote:

my main question is what is the difference in these mufflers? the thrush is only 20 compared to 40 for the super turbo.


Darkstars wrote:

well if you look at the links you posted your a click away from seeing........

"Dynomax Thrush Turbo Mufflers
More flow than stock.
If you want something better than your slow-flowing OEM muffler, the Thrush Turbos are just what you need. Backpressure is decreased 30 percent over stock, with a deep performance tone under acceleration that quiets down while cruising. For easy installation, the Turbos are reversible, and the inlet/outlet can be expanded to fit your stock pipes."

and

"Dynomax Super Turbo Mufflers
Safe and sound guarantee.
Dyno tests prove it--Dynomax's Super Turbo mufflers are the closest you can get to running an open pipe, but a lot quieter. To make things even better, Super Turbos have more features than most other mufflers put together--less backpressure for improved quarter mile times, aluminized construction for long life and good looks, patented flow directors that channel exhaust for maximum performance, and fiberglass matting for a deep, throaty, powerful performance tone.
You'll like the sound, Dynomax guarantees it. If these mufflers don't live up to your expectations within the first 90 days, send them back to Dynomax and get a full refund"




difference in the mufflers would be

- thrush is something better then OEM, super turbo is as close to an open pipe as you can get without the sound. Thrush mufflers are reversable, for ease of install. Super turbo have a money back garantee.

A little common sense should be able to tell you the thrush is a step up from stock and the super turbo is more performance orrientated.


so don't be a dick when someone gives you some info about your "main question"





Re: differences between thrush and super turbo muffler
Monday, February 05, 2007 8:58 PM
Darkstars wrote:

Godspeed wrote:

my main question is what is the difference in these mufflers? the thrush is only 20 compared to 40 for the super turbo.


Darkstars wrote:

well if you look at the links you posted your a click away from seeing........

"Dynomax Thrush Turbo Mufflers
More flow than stock.
If you want something better than your slow-flowing OEM muffler, the Thrush Turbos are just what you need. Backpressure is decreased 30 percent over stock, with a deep performance tone under acceleration that quiets down while cruising. For easy installation, the Turbos are reversible, and the inlet/outlet can be expanded to fit your stock pipes."

and

"Dynomax Super Turbo Mufflers
Safe and sound guarantee.
Dyno tests prove it--Dynomax's Super Turbo mufflers are the closest you can get to running an open pipe, but a lot quieter. To make things even better, Super Turbos have more features than most other mufflers put together--less backpressure for improved quarter mile times, aluminized construction for long life and good looks, patented flow directors that channel exhaust for maximum performance, and fiberglass matting for a deep, throaty, powerful performance tone.
You'll like the sound, Dynomax guarantees it. If these mufflers don't live up to your expectations within the first 90 days, send them back to Dynomax and get a full refund"




difference in the mufflers would be

- thrush is something better then OEM, super turbo is as close to an open pipe as you can get without the sound. Thrush mufflers are reversable, for ease of install. Super turbo have a money back garantee.

A little common sense should be able to tell you the thrush is a step up from stock and the super turbo is more performance orrientated.


so don't be a dick when someone gives you some info about your "main question"


again...all wonderful news that ive alread seen and read ...... still leaving my "main question" of how do they sound DIFFERENT still open for answers.
If you have had either of these, or have heard them in person and would like to share any differences, if any, that you noticed... another resonse is more than welcome!

i'll use
Rich Grayo Jr. wrote:

i've had both, and it seemed like there was much more in-car noise at cruising with the thrush.
as a future model:

also helpful:
- personal experience with the thrush or
- personal experience with the super turbo mufflers
- experience with both is excellent and very much appreciated!!
* key things:
- interior resonance, pitch/loudness of the muffler, set up (as close to stock as possible), etc...

Thanks!





Re: differences between thrush and super turbo muffler
Monday, February 05, 2007 9:13 PM
Darkstars have the super turbo on his ''beater''.... so he know how it sound. And from the video I saw, it have a nice deep sound!!! It's not a fart can.... The kind of muffler that won't tell the cops : Hey I'm coming!!!




Re: differences between thrush and super turbo muffler
Monday, February 05, 2007 10:14 PM
I've got the super turbo on a LN2 with header, high flow cat, and 2 1/4" piping without a resonator. It's raspy when stepping on it and has a drone to it at highway speeds. I would recommend a perforated core glasspack with a full exhaust, but if you're stock then it doesn't matter.





Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

 

Start New Topic Advanced Search