FORD GREEN TOP INJECTORS - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
FORD GREEN TOP INJECTORS
Monday, April 02, 2007 11:08 PM
I finally got my top feed conversion done but theres a problem. I have to keep my fuel pressure at like only 15 to 20 psi or the car will be so rich that it will not run and wont even start. I know the easy answer to this would be to turbo it to get more air for the fuel but i want another option if there is any.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2090440

Re: FORD GREEN TOP INJECTORS
Monday, April 02, 2007 11:09 PM
I'm confussed on your question. Are you saying that right now you're using Ford Green Tops?

Tuesday, April 03, 2007 3:39 AM
Welcome to the world of larger injectors plus no ecm / pcm tuning. Even with a turbo you'll still tend to run rich as the fuel pressure will increase at least as much as air pressure increases.

Change the injector constant in the pcm.

-->Slow
Tuesday, April 03, 2007 8:53 AM
What slowolej said is correct.

Find a size injectors that is more suited to what you're running currently. You're running very large injectors (even for some Turbo setups).

Simple solution is to just get lower flowing injectors.

Tuesday, April 03, 2007 11:49 AM
tuning. it works wonders

Tuesday, April 03, 2007 11:57 AM
HPTuners, and change the injector constant. Or you can buy my 310 cc injectors :-)

2010 Subaru Impreza WRX Limited
1999 Cavalier Z24 Supercharged
1999 Grand AM SE (Beater Car)
1997 GMC Sierra
2007 Honda CBR 600RR
2005 Honda TRX450R
Tuesday, April 03, 2007 10:43 PM
No, he cant buy your 310's. They are high impedence, he needs low's.
Friday, August 08, 2008 6:50 AM
I know this is a bit old, but i thought green tops ARE high impendence? I found a set on ebay that i want to buy for my 01 to use with my SC reflash untill i get a custom tune. Is there a harness conversion or anything i need to know about to get them to work properly?

Friday, August 08, 2008 7:24 AM
I ran 24lber's in my 99 sunfire for the heck of it the ford blue top ones and it ran rich. And your using green tops?
Those are rated at 42lbs at most gm pressures. Heck i run green tops in my 95 t/a with a built 391 and 6lb'z of boost.

Even though i have them maxed out at around 5500rpms and u stuck them in a mainly stock cav with no tuning. What were you on when you decicded that?
Friday, August 08, 2008 7:26 AM
My bad you have a 3.4 swap but still what did you expect?
Friday, August 08, 2008 7:29 AM
No edit button i seen the post was old and someone braught it back and if they are green top ford injectors as found in the ford lighting.

Then yes they are high independance.

Friday, August 08, 2008 9:38 PM
Hi. About bigger injector, I'm running venom's that are supposed to be 15% larger, is that true or is a scam? I have the blazer fuel pump swap and adjustable fuel press reg. and lots of other stuff (see my profile if you can). Are those venom helping me? Thanks.

Sidney
Saturday, August 09, 2008 7:26 PM
probably not with out a tune.
Sunday, April 05, 2009 2:15 PM
What would be a good size injector for only running 7-8psi? I have a guy who is selling a set of Ford green Top injectors for $50 but i think they are a little to big for what im going for. My car is a 96"z24

Monday, April 06, 2009 6:07 PM
OnEBaDAzZz24 wrote:What would be a good size injector for only running 7-8psi? I have a guy who is selling a set of Ford green Top injectors for $50 but i think they are a little to big for what im going for. My car is a 96"z24

please post a link to this "guy" ..... im currently looking to get my hands on these injectors!
Tuesday, April 07, 2009 12:31 PM
Dan Rysedorph wrote:
OnEBaDAzZz24 wrote:What would be a good size injector for only running 7-8psi? I have a guy who is selling a set of Ford green Top injectors for $50 but i think they are a little to big for what im going for. My car is a 96"z24

please post a link to this "guy" ..... im currently looking to get my hands on these injectors!

Well that still doesnt asnwer my question. Are these to big for what im trying to run for boost?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search