Throttle Position Sensor Help - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Throttle Position Sensor Help
Tuesday, October 16, 2007 8:36 PM
I did the throttle body swap. I have a 2200 engine and put in a Quad-Four throttle body and the Throttle Postion Sensor of that ENGINE.

My throttle postion sensor from my car would not fit, so I used the one with the throttle body.

I use a scan tool to monitor the signal from the sensor. I am getting a working signal from the TPS. It is at 0% with no throttle, and slowly works it was up to around 99% as I put the pedal close to the floor. The problem is that about 2 inches or something till the pedal finally hits the floor, the TPS will read 0% but the throttle is completly open.

If you ask me, TPS reading of 0% at WOT is a bad thing.

I would think that my engine proformance would be effected, as the TPS controls the engine behavior. Such as Ignition Advance, which shows advance of 40-45 (the reading) at about 80% throttle, but 23 (reading) at WOT. Just for information, the Advance is reading at around 15 durring idle.

Any Suggestions...

----------------------------------------------------------------
www.bradsairsoft.com

Re: Throttle Position Sensor Help
Tuesday, October 16, 2007 8:46 PM
OnDemand5.com.... I found a spec for the throttle postion sensor. Voltage to be from 0.35v-4.65v. I assume the higher number is WOT, so i could just hop in and check with a fluke meter.

----------------------------------------------------------------
www.bradsairsoft.com
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search