fuel pressure regulator - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
fuel pressure regulator
Tuesday, October 16, 2007 2:41 PM
how do i adjust a fuel pressure regulator to get more power. its a 2.2 ohv motor

horsepower is the force that determines at what speed you hit the wall, torque is the force that determines how far you take the wall with you after you hit it.

Re: fuel pressure regulator
Tuesday, October 16, 2007 3:23 PM
without suporting mods (i.e. really in depth P&P, bigger valves, forced induction, etc.) you dont.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Tuesday, October 16, 2007 3:52 PM
dumping more feul into your engine wont give you more power.

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Tuesday, October 16, 2007 7:56 PM
Well, since no one else is answering your question...

You cant actually adjust the fuel pressure via the current regulator i dont believe. You can replace it with an after-market regulator to get what it is that you want.

And why its ok.....

The car's computer is smart enough to limit down the injector pulses as to maintain a good air\fuel ratio. So increasing fuel pressure up by 10-15psi will not hurt, and actually made my engine idle smoothly and constant at 500rpm. On a scan tool you will notice a larger gapping jump in the O2 Sensor reading, but you will also notice it is still cycling the injector pulses constantly to create a varying mixture. It is supposed to run lean, then rich, then lean....and so on. That is how the computer controllers it.

Ex: It sees a rich mixture via the O2 sensor, then it responds by shortening the injector pulses. That creats a lean mixture. Then the computer counters that expanding the injector pulses, thus creating a rich condition.

Bottom line is that you can increase fuel pressure without seriously effecting the fuel that gets into the engine as long as it is still in the "band" that the computer can control. If you could run 125psi, im sure that the computer can not cut the injector pulses low enough that it is still in limits of the computer. So you could run higher fuel pressure without several other mods, and still possibly get more horsepower because of the better "vaporing" ability of higher pressure fuel. But I dont know for sure and i wouldnt hope for it.

I talk to much....

----------------------------------------------------------------
www.bradsairsoft.com
Thursday, October 18, 2007 7:14 AM
Agreed. One thing, increasing pressure only helps at WOT and at idle. The computer compensates at all other driving conditions. I still would say not to mess with it unless you had some sort of intake and exhaust mods. On a completely stock motor you would probably be running rich.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search