Ok, heads on, car acting weird.... - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Ok, heads on, car acting weird....
Friday, April 04, 2008 5:02 PM
ok, i got everything together, re-torqued according to Haynes and now it idles rough as hell. I have good compression, between 165-175 in all cylinders, good spark, correct firing order, plenty of fuel.

When I give it gas, it revs up great, acts/sounds like normal, but as soon as it comes down from revs and back to idle, it runs as though off a cylinder.

I had a ton of coolant poor out the cylinder #4 side around the head, but I believe this is from the crappy gasket for the egr/water inlet that was with the head set. Seeing as I have good compression in every cylinder I would assume the headgasket is fine, there's no water in oil either. No CEL either, i'm kinda stumped here.

Oh, I should also mention that the exhaust is white, but does not smell like coolant, and it's also about 40* out, so that may be why as well.

Anyone have ANY suggestions??

Re: Ok, heads on, car acting weird....
Friday, April 04, 2008 5:45 PM
please don't cross post

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=11&i=134710&t=134710

Fallen I Am, Cursed And Destined To Burn -Dimmu Borgir
Re: Ok, heads on, car acting weird....
Friday, April 04, 2008 9:55 PM
yes yes, i'm sorry, but however there wasn't much coming up on a search and I figured the bandwith involved for such a minute topic would not cause too much server havoc.

I have figured out my problem so this can be closed and removed so that there are no more split hairs over it Thanks for the help to those who did
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search