3000 rpm idle - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
3000 rpm idle
Sunday, July 20, 2008 6:56 PM
my 95 2.2 ohv is idling t 3000 rpm i checked the injectors yesterday and cleaned the upper intake and now it revs hi how do i fix this

Re: 3000 rpm idle
Sunday, July 20, 2008 7:02 PM
Look for cracked or broken vaccumm hoses.

Sunday, July 20, 2008 7:07 PM
i have they are fine to i just forgot to say that
Sunday, July 20, 2008 7:09 PM
my uncle said it may be the intake gaskit between the upper and lower manifolds
Sunday, July 20, 2008 7:24 PM
Could possibly be a leaking gasket or also your IAC could be the problem.

Sunday, July 20, 2008 7:48 PM
ive always been told its tps if it idles high but i dont know with that high of idle, could have knocked it out of adjustment?
Sunday, July 20, 2008 9:27 PM
Unless you unbolted it, not really. Did you reuse the factory intake manifold plennum gasket (Just asking)? And did you torque it all according to specs (Again, just asking)?

I seriously doubt it's a TPS fault. Check the throttle-valve. Does it close fully? This seems like an IAC fault to me, as I've seen others have that problem & they all found that to be the cause. It happens. Try a known working IAC & do the reset procedure to see if it is.

Go beyond the "bolt-on".
Sunday, July 20, 2008 11:18 PM
yes i did all that and new gasket i tried the tps and thats not it is there any other way to test the iac
Monday, July 21, 2008 7:51 AM
What I did on my Z when I had this problem was took a can of carb cleaner, spray not foam. and spray it everywhere on the intake and all my vacuum lines until I could hear the idle drop, then you know where your leak is, cause most likely you have a bad vacuum leak somewhere.

"sometimes the respect is more important..."
Monday, July 21, 2008 8:38 AM
on my 2000 2.2 OHV cav i messed around with same same problem ( i no its not the EXACT same motor ) i ended up haveing a slight bend in my throttle cable that held it at 2500ish rpm ? hope this might help yah out
Monday, July 21, 2008 3:48 PM
schmidty4343 wrote:What I did on my Z when I had this problem was took a can of carb cleaner, spray not foam. and spray it everywhere on the intake and all my vacuum lines until I could hear the idle drop, then you know where your leak is, cause most likely you have a bad vacuum leak somewhere.

the carb cleaner trick raises the idle it doesnt drop it. Carb cleaner is highly flammable so when sucked in it raises the idle.

To op, if you have a friend with a motor similar to yours pop theirs out and put it in yours. If im not mistaken, the IAC has two bolts and a pigtail that you have to remove and it comes out.

Monday, July 21, 2008 6:56 PM
its all good now the gasket was kinked its fixed now
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search