Feeler- Phenolic 2.4 LD9 spacer - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Feeler- Phenolic 2.4 LD9 spacer
Friday, November 07, 2008 1:06 PM
I was given the suggestion to start making 2.4LD9 phenolic spacers. I would like to know if there is a market for it? It would probably be .25-.5" thick. It would be cut to the factory output, and then there would be one for gasketmatch output. Is there any interest? Price would be around $50-$60 shipped.

http://www.overkillengineeringmotorsports.com/

Re: Feeler- Phenolic 2.4 LD9 spacer
Friday, November 07, 2008 1:27 PM
I would be interested

Jason
99 Z24 Supercharged
157hp/171tq - NA
190hp/170tq @ 6psi

LD9 for Life
Friday, November 07, 2008 1:56 PM
I think there would be enough interest to run a batch of these every so often. I know I see some people really looking for them now and then, but I dont think there is strong enough demand to make tons of these all at once.

Friday, November 07, 2008 2:09 PM
I can see a batch of plenum spacers for the '97 & older 2.2L OHVs every once in a while. We use them for the added plenum volume (on the N/A cars) or to give the TB linkage clearance on the top feed injector conversions (on boosted and dry nitrous systems).

Friday, November 07, 2008 2:09 PM
I thought Vulcan was already making these.

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Friday, November 07, 2008 2:11 PM
I will go ahead and get some produced. Looke for them next Friday.

Friday, November 07, 2008 2:17 PM
Wade Jarvis wrote:I thought Vulcan was already making these.

thats the first I have heard of this.

Friday, November 07, 2008 3:22 PM
You might want to do a little more research on this and thnk about adding the port hole for the PCV system that is on the 2.4 head. Check out the post in the boosted forum talking about this system and issues.

FU Tuning

Friday, November 07, 2008 6:56 PM
man, i hate to say it because i was the one who wanted one LOL but i think im going to have to wait til i have a bunch of cash and just get like everything your coming out with in one fell swoop hahhaahaa

but yes, definitely need some researching for the PCV system. just go buy a stock intake gasket and yull see what i mean.

failing to prepare is preparing to fail.
Friday, November 07, 2008 9:53 PM
The M45 guys are going to be your focus here. And Brad with that untested Venom manifold contraption.

Saturday, November 08, 2008 8:07 AM
KFLO wrote:The M45 guys are going to be your focus here. And Brad with that untested Venom manifold contraption.

lmao, untested? the bastards been on my car for over a year now... no CEL's, no issues... car runs great!!

and on a side note, since im talking about the venom...

last night i just let the car come up to operating temp and noticed a direct reason as to why a spacer would help me out tremendously...

felt the throttle body, warm but not hot.. touched the top portion of the venom, warm but not hot. moved down a runner a tad, getting warming... touched the runner right by the head... so fuggin hot you cannot put your hand on it for long. so im obviously getting heat soak from the head BAD. and mind you this was in 20 degree weather with the car running for like 15 mins. ive felt the thing on a hot day after about a hundred miles or so, the ENTIRE thing was so hot you could fry a g'damn egg on it. im wondering if this is why ive never really noticed a gain in performance with it, because the incoming air is so hot it cancels out any 'gain' it may give.

the need is definitely there for me...

+ + + ++ + +++ + =

Saturday, November 08, 2008 9:19 AM
I am interested so long as it has the PCV port drilled into the spacer...

Will this spacer be gasket matched, or stock?

Thanks,

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Saturday, November 08, 2008 9:23 AM
SweetnessGT wrote:Will this spacer be gasket matched, or stock?

FAST2.4 P wrote: It would be cut to the factory output, and then there would be one for gasket matched output.

+ + + ++ + +++ + =
Saturday, November 08, 2008 10:42 AM
KFLO wrote:The M45 guys are going to be your focus here. And Brad with that untested Venom manifold contraption.

x2. It's a waste for anyone with a stock plastic manifold.

You may want to even consider producing a conversion spacer for 2.4 head to 2.3 manifold swaps like Chris Fontana used to sell. Just a suggestion.

I have no signiture
Saturday, November 08, 2008 11:56 AM
Oh if this isn't the conversion spacer then sorry.. I'm not interested. For some reason I see "phenolic spacer" and assume it's the 2.3 H.O Conversion spacer...

Reading > me today.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Saturday, November 08, 2008 1:10 PM
SweetnessGT wrote:Oh if this isn't the conversion spacer then sorry.. I'm not interested. For some reason I see "phenolic spacer" and assume it's the 2.3 H.O Conversion spacer...

Reading > me today.

-Chris-

So did I.

FU Tuning

Saturday, November 08, 2008 3:30 PM
What is the differnece for the 2.3-2.4 conversion, then the 2.4 itself?

Saturday, November 08, 2008 3:53 PM
So this will help prevent my supercharger from getting heat soaked? How much shipped to canada, roughly.
Saturday, November 08, 2008 3:53 PM
FAST2.4 P wrote:What is the differnece for the 2.3-2.4 conversion, then the 2.4 itself?

The main reason this was every started was to make it easier to do a 2.3 intake manifold. One side matches up to the 2.3 manifold and the other side to the 2.4 head. It transitions the air to the shape of the 2.4 head.

FU Tuning

Saturday, November 08, 2008 4:37 PM
its not hard to make it a conversion spacer.

you and a diegrinder\dremmel tool, Done.

did that to one, then i said @!#$ it, and just ran a 2.3. (with 2.3/2.3 spacer)

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Saturday, November 08, 2008 8:40 PM
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:its not hard to make it a conversion spacer.

you and a diegrinder\dremmel tool, Done.

did that to one, then i said @!#$ it, and just ran a 2.3. (with 2.3/2.3 spacer)

Chris

But you will have to match both the spacer and the manifold for it to be done right. The LD9 ports are taller than the Quad4. So, you can't just modify the spacer to make it match a 2.3 manifold, and you can't just dremel the 2.3 manifold to match the 2.4 head ports. At that rate though, you might as well just have someone make a conversion spacer.

I have no signiture

Sunday, November 09, 2008 11:33 AM
The one i did it to was for LD9. it worked out fine.

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Sunday, November 09, 2008 1:07 PM
Does anyone have pics of the difference between the 2.4 and 2.3.

Sunday, November 09, 2008 3:11 PM
went out and grabbed some pics for ya... a friend of mine just came into possession of an actual 2.4 to 2.4 phenolic spacer, made for the gm technic concept car for use with a custom m62 supercharger setup. the ports are HUGE compared to an ho manifold.. its weird.

i have pics of a 2.3 HO manifold ports, stock 2.4 head intake ports, stock 2.4 intake manifold gasket showing the pcv hole and system.

2.3 HO manifold

2.4 head

stock 2.4 gasket

head side

manifold side

im assuming all you would need to do to utilize the PCV system would be to make the spacer simulate the head surface by drilling the hole out right where it needs to be. then the stock gasket and intake manifold would handle the rest...

+ + + ++ + +++ + =
Sunday, November 09, 2008 3:16 PM
I though that they were alot thicker. Looks like 1/8" thick. The spacer in the pic is a 2.4-2.4 correct? Do you have pics of the 2.3-2.4?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search