2200 Header install - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2200 Header install
Wednesday, August 05, 2009 7:16 PM
I did this this after with the help of my friend, I thought it was going to fairly simple...WRONG, very annoying job. So we first thought we could get away with not taking the alternator off...FAIL... so that came off along with the dip stick..

So unbolted the manifold Bolts, and then need to cut the pipe before the cat.. we were going to use a Hack saw but we quickly reliezed...

So we got everything off fairly easy

No the bitchy annoying part getting this damn thing on...
We tried from the top...Fail...
so we unhooked the started and pulled it up from the bottom... ok its on bolted it in
Ok this is the dumb part but i don't care...There is a rod underneath the starter that this wouldn't clear, i don't know what purpose it serves but its gone now i kept it just in case..
bolted up the down pipe and clamped it to the stock pipe...
everything looked good, except the O2 senors extension... We saved it for last....
we put everything back together...

Now for the O2 sensor we just opened the wire loom and extended it till it was enuff...

End result.....

So besides the Clamp failing and having nasty exhaust leak, it look nice, took off so i could get it welded first thing in the morning...
the rest of the exhaust well get done sometime at the end of next week...

Mods: Synapse Charge Piping, Short Throw, Bad-Mab Dp, Dejon Intake, BYT Tuned!
Parts For SALE! Pacesetter Header(ECO),17'in Resonator, Alternator, Starter, Viper Alarm.

Re: 2200 Header install
Thursday, August 06, 2009 12:06 AM
IS IT FASTER?!?!?!

Thursday, August 06, 2009 6:43 AM
probably not but i bet it GOES "RAWR!!!!!!"

Thursday, August 06, 2009 7:00 AM
I just got it Welded, it does feel peppier in the lows and highs, it does go RAWR! no exhaust leak

Mods: Synapse Charge Piping, Short Throw, Bad-Mab Dp, Dejon Intake, BYT Tuned!
Parts For SALE! Pacesetter Header(ECO),17'in Resonator, Alternator, Starter, Viper Alarm.
Thursday, August 06, 2009 10:54 AM
Sound clips of the "RAWR!!!!!!!!!!"

Thursday, August 06, 2009 2:06 PM
i did that one time to my buddies camaro ... well he made my RAWR more like a kitten LOL
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search