Jbody Performance motors - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Jbody Performance motors
Friday, October 30, 2009 10:31 AM
Has anyone ever bought one? And also with all the add ons, how much horse do they make?

Re: Jbody Performance motors
Friday, October 30, 2009 10:49 AM
ur better off building you're own engine.

I must confess... I feel like a monster!
Friday, October 30, 2009 4:36 PM
DO NOT DO IT......You will pay now and get the engine maybe this time next year.

"Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!" -Anonymous
Friday, October 30, 2009 5:14 PM
if you even get it.

do a search mate. just JBP, all forums.

that will give you the answer you're looking for.

Friday, October 30, 2009 5:23 PM
I can do the same thing JBP will do. Take your money and give you nothing.

PM me for paypal info.

Friday, October 30, 2009 6:39 PM
If you're considering purchasing a built engine, you're better off having a local machine shop with a good reputation build an engine for you. With most shops, you can chose how much you want them to build. You can have them machine and assemble the block for you, and you can build the top end, or you can have them build and install an engine for you, which in most cases will include a better warrantee than any other method.

Even if you purchase a motor from a reputable builder, and have a shop install it, or install it yourself, any problem will end up in a pissing match between the builder and whoever installs it. You end up with a finger pointing game, with everyone claiming it's the other party's fault. In the end, you're most likely going to be the one paying for the fix, just to get the thing back on the road.

Friday, October 30, 2009 8:08 PM
I know a few people who builds engines, for about about the same prices at your own specs, but mostly do big block engines. I didn't know anything about JBP and thought I would ask.
Saturday, October 31, 2009 2:32 PM
Quiklilcav wrote: which in most cases will include a better warrantee than any other method.

Warranty of an engine build???? good luck with that. MOST machine shops dont warranty @!#$. regardless of who installs the engine.

Saturday, October 31, 2009 2:51 PM
I have one.

It's fine, altho there are a few things I don't "trust" in it. I installed it myself but it was built by JBP.

It took him almost a year to get me my completed engine, after being promised it would take 3 months at most.

While I have nothing overly bad to say about MY engine, I wouldn't recommend you go to them for one. I am a very rare 1% that has done somewhat successful business with them, the other 99% of people get ROYALLY screwed by JBP.

And that's an honest opinin from somebody who HAS a JBP engine and has dealt with mev personally face to face many many times. Everybody else who has posted just has an opinion, not any real experience with them.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Saturday, October 31, 2009 3:30 PM
i said what i did because of the parts used in most cases.

the colt cams regrinds have yet to prove themselves worth a god damn in ANYBODY'S engine, let alone the mythical ones out there.

that and JBP just loves installing that 'higher volume' pump and balance shaft blanks. pffffft.

wasn't there somebody on here that did indeed buy one from mev and it ended up nuking bigtime or cost a lot and nothing was done? something like that???

Saturday, October 31, 2009 8:45 PM
SweetnessGT wrote: Everybody else who has posted just has an opinion, not any real experience with them.

-Chris-

I speak out of more than just opinions....I have had crank work done and it took a loooong time for him to complete the work, not counting customs there or back it took 11 weeks to get it done. Very nice work, top notch actually, but unreasonably slow.

"Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!" -Anonymous

Saturday, October 31, 2009 9:33 PM
pics of said work!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search