mild exhaust - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
mild exhaust
Friday, January 14, 2011 7:43 PM
so i recently has=d to repair my left rear tire and when i had it off i realized that there are a few big holes in my muffler. so when i do need to replace them i am looking to go aftermarket. i dont want a fart can or anything excessively loud. ideally im looking to find something just louder then stock. does anyone have any suggestions?

greatly appreciated

Re: mild exhaust
Friday, January 14, 2011 8:04 PM
cherrybomb turbo

dynomax superturbo

Friday, January 14, 2011 8:17 PM
dxdean3 wrote:dynomax superturbo

Get the 2" in/out and you'll be fine. I put it on my stock 2200 and I got another one when I upgraded to 2.25"

Friday, January 14, 2011 8:30 PM
I found the super turbo too loud so I went with the VT. So nice.

Saturday, January 15, 2011 10:08 AM
Use a Cobalt SS/SC muffler...I have a buddy who runs it on his Z24 & he loves it, better flow than ours but not too loud seeing that it is still an OEM muffler. Hell a SS/TC muffler might be even better but I cant speak first hand because I havent seen/heard it or know anyone who has tried it.

It beats a Honda!
Saturday, January 15, 2011 4:43 PM
i am going to look into getting a dynomax vt. i like the valve that shuts it up at idle and normal driving. only loud when i want it to be. should i remove the secondary muffler and just run a y pipe off the back of the muffler so i can still have dual tips? or does anyone have any other suggestions
Saturday, January 22, 2011 7:43 AM
the ss/tc muffler flows better than the ss/sc... no doubt about it... it sorta works like a typeR muffler the more flow into it over the rpm range the more it flows.... and for all the money you would have running duals just buy and ebay catback or a pacesetter catback... im runnin a 99 dollar catback on my cav from ebay had only one fitment issue the hanger it came with had to be cut off so the muffler would sit up where it needed to be but other than that i really like it....its stainless and my car sounds amazing.. everyone says its the nicest sounding cav they heard since ussually ppl just slap a fart can on and thats all... i also dont have a cat and i upgraded fart cans but go ebay speedyracerparts
Sunday, January 23, 2011 7:33 PM
Stikman29 wrote:Use a Cobalt SS/SC muffler...I have a buddy who runs it on his Z24 & he loves it, better flow than ours but not too loud seeing that it is still an OEM muffler. Hell a SS/TC muffler might be even better but I cant speak first hand because I havent seen/heard it or know anyone who has tried it.
you beat me too it... haha

yea the SS/SC is pure win... the SS/SC and SS/TC mufflers are basically the same, the only difference is the SS/SC has 2.25 in - 2.50 out and the SS/TC is 2.50 in - 2.50 out. i solved that problem by putting a 2.5 to 2.25 reducer right on the base of the muffler.... for a mild setup you will not see a difference between the two mufflers (and for me it doesn't make a difference because i have a cutout before the muffler for track use), and they are the only mufflers listed in this thread that won't make your car sound like it has a fart can.

if all you are doing is the muffler and nothing more to the exhaust (such as a header, high flow cat, larger piping from header back), get the SS/SC or SS/TC muffler (which ever you can get easier)... it flows all the same as the magnaflow, without all the fart can turd ricer noise.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search