2.4 QUAD 4 GUYS!!!! - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2.4 QUAD 4 GUYS!!!!
Sunday, July 31, 2011 10:41 AM
I have been talking to Ron Seibenick with Seibenich Racing about his header he makes for the 2.3 Quad 4 and I'm wanting to know if any of you guys on here know what is the best "Tuned" Pipe Sizes for a Stepped 4-2-1 Header for the 2.4 quad 4 motor are? See there are equations to figure this out by using your peak torque (street car) or peak horsepower (race car) and using the one cylinders cc size to calculate the correct tuned sizing of pipe you would use. Do any of you LD9 quad 4 2.4 guys know what two pipe sizes you would want to use with what sizing of collector for a 4-2-1 header? You want the sizing just right for the Velocity.
I am gonna use the header style of bent pipes runners for a 2.3 quad 4 Ron makes, With wich ever you guys Believe is a perfect tuned size of pipings for a stepped 4-2-1 header for a 2.4 because he says he can do whatever sized piping and collector I want for the 2.4 rather than his header he makes that are TUNED for the 2.3. I have a 98 Grand Am and all 92-98 Grand am's have the same engine bay, firewall, and rack and pinon location. So this header should fit mine. I'm taking a 2.3 header and using a 2.4 exhaust flange on it with whatever stepped sized pipings and collector size that would be for a perfect TUNE for a 2.4????? Consider the motor will have 10.5 compression ration, ld2 LO 2.3 cams intake and exhaust, venom intake manifold, secret weapon intake, and head port work with bigger injectors and tuning

Re: 2.4 QUAD 4 GUYS!!!!
Sunday, July 31, 2011 10:03 PM
without exacting head flow numbers and a full listing of exacting head specs etc you wont be able to get it just perfect like you want.

Re: 2.4 QUAD 4 GUYS!!!!
Monday, August 08, 2011 12:40 PM
Anyone know the specs on the dc sports header and bill/stan's header for the 2.4 LD9?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search