Aeon Import 2.5 inch exhaust Ebay - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Aeon Import 2.5 inch exhaust Ebay
Tuesday, September 13, 2011 10:40 AM
Hello there i am new here,And well as the subject says i have an ebay exhaust on my 04 cavalier.I just installed it today and i just wanted to tell my opinion on it.

1.Sound: well in my opinion it sounds really great, not to loud but has a great smooth sound.i haven't removed the silencer so idk what it sounds yet without.
2. Price: i paid 150 for it and 65 to have it installed.I found that this was a great price for a cat-back.
3.Performance: well i have only drove it for like an hour and i cant feel a real ddifference however it no longer makes a weird sound when i start my car.(thats another story)
4.Looks: i ddidntlike hoe the tail pipe and exhaust is so big but that is personal ppreferenceI feel like it makes my car look and sound ricer but i plan on adding a turbo but like i said thats another story.
5.Over all:I feel like i got a great price for a great quality, i still have to drive with it for a while to make sure it holds but it looks solid.I give it a 5 out of 5

So yea thats what i think about it and i would rrecommendit to any one who wants a budget cat-back.didnt get me wrong if you want the name brand and sticker then get the others its your choice.

Re: Aeon Import 2.5 inch exhaust Ebay
Tuesday, September 13, 2011 11:00 AM
Glad u like it. Just paid 550 for mine with installation and would do it again. Can't skimp on quality on certain things.

"FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DRIVE STOCK"

Tuesday, September 13, 2011 11:03 AM
I love how people pay for installation.

Have fun paying for your turbo installation.
Tuesday, September 13, 2011 11:09 AM
Bobby Higgins wrote:I love how people pay for installation.

Some things are much easier on a lift. And some @!#$ I wouldnt want to deal with because its a pain. Like shifter linkages, @!#$ that. Alternator? yeah I'll do that in a parking garage cause its easy.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Wednesday, September 14, 2011 11:06 AM
Yea i needed a lift because we could not get it up high enough with stands.And i know that they are in right so yea its worth it.And yes i will be having fun with the turbo instal,and i will be doing it with the help of friends so yea wont be paying much for it.
Wednesday, September 14, 2011 1:28 PM

like leafy said, some stuff is easier paid for. besides 65 bucks for a catback install is a steal. how long did you spend cursing yourself in your driveway while you were trying to install your exhaust? probly a lot longer than he spent waiting in a nice air conditioned lounge.

i'm a big built not bought fan too, but seriously it's not your car so y do you care?

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 7:37 PM

Hey man hate all you want but time is money and my time is worth a hell of a lot more at the moment than it is to spend working all of the kinks out of my turbo setup. Besides that, a lot of us do not know how to fabricate so unless you buy a kit made specifically for your car you get stuck half @$$ing it with eBay bull sh!t. Let's put it in another understandable format......

My handy work......

S&R Performance's rebuild....

The proof is in the pudding. If you do not know what your doing or can't do it properly... pay some one who does!

$500 for an exhaust is even cheap in my opinion. My 3" exhaust from the bottom of the down pipe back was $800 plus I paid for the Vibrant low profile black muffler which was another $120.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 9:27 PM
Quote:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a282/turbocavalier98/SD531564.jpg

i bet THAT didn't clear a stock hood...

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Thursday, September 15, 2011 4:17 AM
Rich Grayo Jr. wrote:
Quote:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a282/turbocavalier98/SD531564.jpg

i bet THAT didn't clear a stock hood...

Hood? Who needs a hood? Lol you know I never got that far. I was un-happy with it out the gate and I started having electrical issues over my dumb @$$ removing an alarm system that was wired into the ignition. So I shut it down had it towed to a shop and that got my $6K turbo rebuild started.

Obviously this route isn't for everybody but I think a majority of you would agree, if you can't do it yourself properly pay some one who can. After all your ultimately putting your life in your hands when your behind the wheel.

Thursday, September 15, 2011 9:22 PM
blucavvy wrote:

like leafy said, some stuff is easier paid for. besides 65 bucks for a catback install is a steal. how long did you spend cursing yourself in your driveway while you were trying to install your exhaust? probly a lot longer than he spent waiting in a nice air conditioned lounge.

i'm a big built not bought fan too, but seriously it's not your car so y do you care?

Yea i was kinda mad cuz it took me all day to figure that i need a lift. And i did enjoy the air by the way yea and i did get a steal on the price my dad knows the guy so it was cheap i could have gotten it for free at another place, but i did not want to rock there logo on my car.
Thursday, September 15, 2011 9:23 PM
Would you guys like a video and pics? i did not even think about adding them?

Thursday, September 15, 2011 9:24 PM
Tony Salinas wrote:
blucavvy wrote:

Yea i was kinda mad cuz it took me all day to figure that i need a lift. And i did enjoy the air by the way yea and i did get a steal on the price my dad knows the guy so it was cheap i could have gotten it for free at another place, but i did not want to rock there logo on my car.

Why not? Stickers are +5 horse power.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Friday, September 16, 2011 5:38 AM
Leafy (Club Jeffie FEA man) wrote:
Tony Salinas wrote:
blucavvy wrote:

Why not? Stickers are +5 horse power.

this guy knows what's up.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search