Any guess? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Any guess?
Saturday, December 10, 2011 5:57 PM
I just finished a 2000, 2200 for my daughter's cavalier. The following is the parts list. A fresh 32lb crank, Wiseco 10.5:1 pistons(stock bore),Eagle H beam connecting rods, Toga valves (pro flow),Head was ported and polished ( int and exh sides),I spent a little more time polishing than porting, multi layer steel head gasket. Cam specs duration @.050 int.208 exh 212 valve lift int .450 exh .465, lobe center 114 new timing chain,and tensioner, a sweet set of valve springs, new push rods, stock rocker arms. Fresh air will be coming in thru an AEM long style polished cold air kit, the exhaust will escape thru a Pacesetter ceramic coated header and down pipe, Accel spark plugs, taylor plug wires will supply the spark. I'm not looking to break any records, I just want a solid reliable motor for her to depend on, however it should make more power and torque than it did stock, at least enough to get out of its own way.Anyone want to make a prediction on hp and torque, I am looking for someone in my area who is familiar with HPtuners to tune it.

Crazylarry

Re: Any guess?
Saturday, December 10, 2011 6:09 PM
you might actually hit 100hp with that build

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen
Saturday, December 10, 2011 6:20 PM
I'm sure you know its around 115 at the flywheel stock and around and around 88 to 92 at the wheels stock. Nice try.

Crazylarry
Saturday, December 10, 2011 6:26 PM
No, he is not really making a joke. I agree. You should hopefully break 100 with that build. while the 2200 is very tough and stout. They just severely lack in power and it takes a lot to get them moving. Looks like you did quite a bit. After all that you could have done the rocker conversion too. I mean what you have will be more than reliable for her though! Would make a good bracket racer too.

Saturday, December 10, 2011 6:30 PM
Reliability is the main thing, I have built v8 engines for years, but this is a different beast.

Crazylarry
Saturday, December 10, 2011 6:47 PM
I think I would have done a ecotec swap myself

Saturday, December 10, 2011 7:01 PM
The thought of the eco swap did cross my mind.

Crazylarry
Saturday, December 10, 2011 8:30 PM
i dont think beast and 2200 can be used in the same sentence unless you are boosted.

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!
Sunday, December 11, 2011 10:25 AM
im agreeing here... you may just break 100 whp...

it takes a lot of money and fabrication... and/or a turbo to make the LN2 do what the L61 and LD9 do stock...

Sunday, December 11, 2011 10:51 AM
Ohv lowayist here... 100 whp is on the high side of optomistic.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search