2000 z24 exhaust - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2000 z24 exhaust
Saturday, March 31, 2012 10:43 AM
So I'm looking for some opinions on what i should do to get a little noise outta my exhaust lol. its all stock at the moment. i am currently in the process of getting another engine shipped to me to build and also saving money to buy a full exhaust system and everything else i plan to do (i have big plans) but for now id like a little deeper sound without buying one of those cans with the 4 - 5 inch opening and making it too loud. any opinions anyone?

ps: perhaps i should say that I'm looking for something half as loud as one of those cans, if that makes any sense.

Re: 2000 z24 exhaust
Saturday, March 31, 2012 4:06 PM
eh on an N/A engine... noise = annoying... and in most cases, power loss.

the smart choice in mufflers is the LSJ muffler off a cobalt SS Supercharged... its been dyno proven to flow just as well as any of the noise maker magnaflows, flowmasters, dynamax, etc etc... without the noise... Its a little louder than stock, but not annoying loud

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Saturday, March 31, 2012 4:07 PM

Tuesday, April 03, 2012 7:44 AM
yea i definitely don't want the annoying loud just something a little deeper than stock, just for a a couple months, thanks
Tuesday, April 03, 2012 7:46 AM
oh and another thing, what is the fitment like for the muffler off the supercharged cobalt?
Tuesday, April 03, 2012 10:09 AM
BORLA XS TURBO MUFFLER!!!!!
Tuesday, April 03, 2012 1:00 PM
Mine has a Magnaflow 40 series and sounds decent without being too loud.
For a while I had the Catcon off and it had a really annoying crackle.
dennis
Wednesday, April 04, 2012 4:17 PM
FlatBlakCav wrote:oh and another thing, what is the fitment like for the muffler off the supercharged cobalt?
it fits in pretty well, but you'll need to weld a hanger up to hold it up...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search