2.2 ln2 - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2.2 ln2
Saturday, August 11, 2012 6:59 AM
i have a 95 sunfire (obd 1.5) with a 2.2 ln2 it is a circle track race car with a 5speed
for the next year i want to get some more out of it track doesnt have much in rules except motor must look stock
so far the car has the typical ricer up grades header and short ram intake
pretty much looking for the best bang for the buck and making the motor ultra reliable and more power.........
got a machine shop that will put motor together balance, bore, line hone, deck the head/block just to true it up for $600 so in all im looking to spend another 12-1300 and no quad 4 suggestions please

Re: 2.2 ln2
Saturday, August 11, 2012 7:25 AM
I make a better intake manifold for it, as well as a phenolic intake spacer Pm me if interested

Saturday, August 11, 2012 3:14 PM
jeff ream wrote:i have a 95 sunfire (obd 1.5) with a 2.2 ln2 it is a circle track race car with a 5speed
for the next year i want to get some more out of it track doesnt have much in rules except motor must look stock
so far the car has the typical ricer up grades header and short ram intake
pretty much looking for the best bang for the buck and making the motor ultra reliable and more power.........
got a machine shop that will put motor together balance, bore, line hone, deck the head/block just to true it up for $600 so in all im looking to spend another 12-1300 and no quad 4 suggestions please
I'm assuming by "look stock" you cannot add any form of forced induction...

If i remember correctly, some of the LN2 guys were running 97 wiring harnesses and PCMS (since 97+ are tunable), upgrading the fueling system, running roller rocker arms, upgrading the cam, running forged rods and forged high comp pistons (wiseco, ross, diamond etc will usually make any piston any way you want it), and tuning the pcm and gaining like 20-50 WHP... thats about the limit... for a $2k budget, its really hard to make an N/A LN2 as fast as a stock LD2 Quad 4.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Saturday, August 11, 2012 3:21 PM

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 9:28 AM
There's a bunch of stuff buried in the forums here. Larger plenum, shorter runners, larger TB, cam designed for higher rpm torque, improved lifters higher pressure valve springs, larger valves. Look for "Ray Soos" among others.
Tuesday, August 14, 2012 3:30 PM
98-02 pistols will up your cr a good bit.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search