Racetronix bulkhead connector? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Racetronix bulkhead connector?
Saturday, September 22, 2012 10:38 AM
Well, I finally burned up the C-Body fuel pump I'd originally swapped into my fuel pump assembly... bought a Racetronix pump, went to install it only to find out the wiring is all melted where the bulkhead connector goes in. It appears there's a difference in the size of the connector between the J&N body cars and the W and larger ones?

I see Racetronix sells two on their website:

BCA-F99 or

RCS-026

I'm going to head to the wrecker and see if I can find the larger style one on a W-body fuel pump, as I don't want to wait a week for one to be shipped. If my C-body pump was drawing too much current for my piddly little plug, I can only imagine that other people here running the Racetronix pump in the stock pump assembly might end up melting the connector the same way I did..

Re: Racetronix bulkhead connector?
Sunday, September 23, 2012 2:13 PM
Id imagine thats why its most recommend the wiring harness upgrade.

It seems most things on our cars are just enough to work with things stock ...maybe when it comes to our electrical.
Sunday, September 23, 2012 8:06 PM
Well, after trip to the wrecker's today... even the 05 Impala had the smaller pins like the stock J-body pump assembly has. So I'm not sure what the difference is...

The plug that comes on the Racetronix pump harness does not plug into the stock plug either. Close, doesn't fit. Going to have to modify it...
Sunday, September 23, 2012 9:54 PM
ill be honest when i say I cant recall a connector like that... mine was 100% plug and play with the harness. I hope you get it figured out though.

Monday, September 24, 2012 4:17 AM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:ill be honest when i say I cant recall a connector like that... mine was 100% plug and play with the harness. I hope you get it figured out though.

So was mine...

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Monday, September 24, 2012 5:09 AM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:ill be honest when i say I cant recall a connector like that... mine was 100% plug and play with the harness. I hope you get it figured out though.

me also

FU Tuning

Monday, September 24, 2012 1:20 PM
Not to thread jack, but can someone point me to the exact pump I need for this upgrade to be basically plug and play? It's next on my list.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Tuesday, September 25, 2012 6:10 AM
Y3llowCav (aka Ryan Pitt) wrote:Not to thread jack, but can someone point me to the exact pump I need for this upgrade to be basically plug and play? It's next on my list.

This is the harness
http://www.racetronix.com/product/RX-F99-FPKG-2/RX-F99-FPWHG-2.jpg

This is the fuel pump. I just installed mine, no modification at all, drops right in.
http://www.racetronix.biz/itemdesc.asp?ic=FPA%2D007&eq=&Tp=

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Tuesday, September 25, 2012 7:22 AM
WHITECAVY wrote:I just installed mine, no modification at all, drops right in.

Just purchased. Didn't you have to grind the ribs out to make the pump fit? I've read that a few places.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Tuesday, September 25, 2012 7:32 AM
Not with the W-body pump. The F-body does because it comes with a sleeve that the W-body doesnt.

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 8:20 AM
Is it a better pump or just aesthetic? Sorry John I totally jacked your thread.

"In Oldskool we trust"

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 8:42 AM
Same pump.

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 10:37 AM
Looks like I f***ed up... and ordered the FPA-021 pump instead of the FPA-007 as I was wanting. For some reason, the FPA-021 pump is on the website between 006 and 008 where one would expect 007 to be.. I didn't look hard enough. (it's on the second page... last item!)

But.. as I already stated, I was already melting the pins on the bulkhead connector... so I'm going to swap to the beefier style which has larger pins for the pump itself. More info soon
Tuesday, October 02, 2012 7:09 PM
Turns out both those bulkhead connectors I posted earlier are identical (150 series). Don't ask me why they have two listings on their site... Here's the melted pin on my stock bulkhead connector:

Replacing with the 280-series bulkhead connector, much beefier pins for the fuel pump itself:

And a side-by-side of the harness connection:

Which of course, required a swap to the 280-series style plug... so I snagged the FPWH-017 Hotwire hybrid pump upgrade harness (MP150S-4M to GT280S-4F) as well: http://www.racetronix.biz/itemdesc.asp?ic=FPWH-017

Only thing is... Racetronix forgot to ship me the 200mm fuel tube I need to finish this... so I continue waiting.
Wednesday, October 03, 2012 5:27 AM
Good luck man.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search