MES ecotec downpipe review - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
MES ecotec downpipe review
Wednesday, October 10, 2012 7:28 AM
I’ve seen a couple reviews on the Mandrel Exhaust Systems cat back setups, but hadn’t seen a review of their downpipe for the ecotec motor.

I recently put my cav back to stock-ish and needed a downpipe, so I gave them a shot. I ordered their 2.5” catted downpipe. It bolted right up to the oem lsj exhaust manifold and fit perfectly with the oem replacement cat back that I bought on ebay. I didn’t think the price was bad. I was a little disappointed that it took 3 and a half weeks to get it. I’m very happy with the fitment; however, I think that if you go with their 3” downpipe, you might get some rubbing on the heat shield as the downpipe makes the bend under the firewall.

Overall, it’s a nice product. It fit exactly like it was supposed so, and I thought the price wasn’t bad. The price jumps up a little more if you go stainless, but that wasn’t necessary for me. Their customer service was pretty good too, they responded right away to my inquiries.

Just thought I’d toss this out there in case anyone was considering buying from MES

Re: MES ecotec downpipe review
Wednesday, October 10, 2012 7:54 AM
Badass, didn't even know they Made downpipes for the jbody's. Thanks for sharing this, I'm sure some people who might run an lsj manifold will find this quite handy.

EDITED FOR LINK TO SITE: clicky

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, October 10, 2012 7:58 AM

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search