ZZP header/dp combos - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
ZZP header/dp combos
Wednesday, January 30, 2013 7:50 PM
Have a pacesetter header, removed it and put the stock back on to pass emissions with the cat, but now Im looking for permenant solutions with a cat and good header. I havent found anyone using the ZZP long tube header stainless with catted downpipe haha if you even want to call it that. I want to know if it would fit? Im pretty sure their midlength would fit too Im guessing? Ill go with the long tube if it fits and passes our firewall and the downpipe doesnt pertrude under the car much. Best performance for a M62 setup.

Re: ZZP header/dp combos
Wednesday, January 30, 2013 7:51 PM
Also, this is not for boost in particular.. This could be for NA setups for anyone would care, fitment is my only question. And gains too if anyone could haha
Wednesday, January 30, 2013 8:03 PM
ZZP's midlegnth is just a Pacesetter unit with a v-band welded on like they should come.

The shorty headers do not fit without changing our thermostat housing, and the ZZP downpipe does NOT fit.

I very higly doubt the long tube will fit. If your looking to go that route contact Ammfab since he makes one for us and seems to be back in the game.

Or do what most of us do and run the LSJ Pacesetter and get a downpipe made. I got a downpipe made out of stainless and welded a Magnaflow heavy metal cat in the stock location and bolted it up to the stock exhaust for the time being. No codes..perfect.
Friday, February 01, 2013 8:29 AM
Oh so neither fit? Or am I reading wrong and the midlength, aka the pacesetter that I already have fits? And I wont go that far with custom header for this, that could get expensive. Well, my pacesetter is great but it was just the painted version, and that crappy male/female connection is so bad, I want a shop to cut it off and create a downpipe with a v-band and a 2.5 high flow cat from magnaflow or something. BUT, if the lsj midlength header and downpipe is the same as what I was talking about and would fit, that would save me some work.
Friday, February 01, 2013 3:11 PM
To my knowledge the LSJ downpipe will not fit.
Friday, February 15, 2013 5:40 PM
I hear ya, they make some quality stuff with alot of options. I also was hoping they would fit... and also have been pretty much told no it won't fit. I wish they would see the opportunity there is in making there stuff for the J-bodies

2002 cavalier LS Sport Sedan

Friday, February 15, 2013 7:48 PM
There is ZERO opportunity for ZZP over here on JBO. Most people on JBO will not spend the cash for quality parts, not to mention this is a beyond dead platform.

Just get the Pacesetter LSJ header and get a downpipe made. It isnt that hard.
Friday, February 15, 2013 9:46 PM
RD Fabs has a long tube for the ecos that fits in a J-body.

Saturday, February 16, 2013 6:33 AM
It doesnt include a downpipe does it? Always wondered.
Wednesday, February 27, 2013 10:19 PM
Does any body have Bill I performance header on there car? I have the catback already that is why i am asking
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search