Cherry Bomb Glasspack - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Cherry Bomb Glasspack
Wednesday, August 21, 2013 6:52 PM
What will this exactly do to my car?
I bought a glasspack at pepboys, i have an 01 cavalier, 2.2

Im just confused... Some dumbass at meineke told me it'd make my car QUIETER?
Whats up with that? Lol

Do I need to have it welded? Thought these things were known for an easy noob friendly install. Help guys, Appreciate it.

Re: Cherry Bomb Glasspack
Wednesday, August 21, 2013 9:30 PM
I put one on my 00 z24, in place of the muffler and at idle it sounds alright, but around 2000 rpm the drone is soooooo bad. Highway driving is really loud. It has to be welded on yes.
Thursday, August 22, 2013 5:00 AM
You would have been better off with an eBay cat back system. Bolts right up and from my civic friends I've seen most sound good. They just don't last quite as long as name brand stuff. I'd return the glass pack. Magnaflow, borla, dynomax, etc seem to be j body favorites around here. I have a borla myself and love it.if you want to keep it quieter but add performance have a shop install an ss cobalt muffler.

2004 Cavalier Sedan
Thursday, August 22, 2013 6:50 AM
Decypher Five wrote:What will this exactly do to my car?
I bought a glasspack at pepboys, i have an 01 cavalier, 2.2

Im just confused... Some dumbass at meineke told me it'd make my car QUIETER?
Whats up with that? Lol

Do I need to have it welded? Thought these things were known for an easy noob friendly install. Help guys, Appreciate it.
A glasspack will make your car quieter IF you are simply adding it. If you are taking off your factory muffler and putting on the glasspack instead, it will get a lot louder. A glasspack is a straight-through muffler that does little more than remove some of the harshness. Alone, it will sound like sh!t on a 4 cylinder. As a resonator with a turbo muffler, it will sound pretty decent.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search