Ld9 to ECO - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Ld9 to ECO
Monday, August 26, 2013 11:14 PM
Can you keep the ld9 AC parts when doing an Eco swap? My ld9 is knocking and I have the fron of the car pulled apart. Engin will be pulled in the next few days.

I am grabbing an eco bell housing, PCM, engine and radiator. Is there anything else I need?

Car is a 2000 z24 5 speed.

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.

Re: Ld9 to ECO
Tuesday, August 27, 2013 4:36 AM
Engine harness since your going to use the eco pcm, exhaust manifold/downpipe, engine mount.

I am not sure on the A/C though.
Tuesday, August 27, 2013 4:57 AM
I have a brand new exhaust manifold for eco. Never used will part with it for 50 bucks with un used gasket and 02 sensor
Tuesday, August 27, 2013 9:16 AM
Trader !

I Love My J ♡
Tuesday, August 27, 2013 9:54 AM
cody nobbs wrote:Trader !

Trader?

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 9:55 AM
James Barclay wrote:I have a brand new exhaust manifold for eco. Never used will part with it for 50 bucks with un used gasket and 02 sensor

I'll let you know if I need it.

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 9:56 AM
Philly D wrote:Engine harness since your going to use the eco pcm, exhaust manifold/downpipe, engine mount.

I am not sure on the A/C though.

Ok, thank you. I just need to figure out this AC situation.

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 11:50 AM
Pump and line gotta be switched condensor is the same

FuzzMASTA9
Tuesday, August 27, 2013 3:07 PM
Pete P wrote:Pump and line gotta be switched condensor is the same

Thank you.

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 5:33 PM
Trader for switching to eco ! Lol LD9!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Love My J ♡
Tuesday, August 27, 2013 6:46 PM
I believe the word your looking for is "traitor"

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 8:23 PM
cody nobbs wrote:Trader for switching to eco ! Lol LD9!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, chances of getting a good ld9 are slim and I need the car running as its my DD. So next best thing is an Eco swap. I will probably sell my parts off my ld9. It has a brand new GM timing chain, gears, guides, with less then 500 miles on it and a 96 tensioner. It also has a brand new water pump, lower metal tube with thermostat. All done at the same time.

Wednesday, August 28, 2013 12:09 PM
Im just giving you a hard time man lol it dont matter to me eather way we all got our own thing going i just perfer the ld9

I Love My J ♡
Monday, September 02, 2013 7:08 PM
Sure that noise your hearing isn't the hydraulic lifters? Easy enough to replace and keep your Ld9 in there.

Tuesday, September 03, 2013 5:04 AM
OnEBaDAzZz24 wrote:Sure that noise your hearing isn't the hydraulic lifters? Easy enough to replace and keep your Ld9 in there.

All 4 rods can be moved side to side a 1/8 inch or so. Lifters do not sound like a person is hitting the engine with a sledge hammer. Atleast I never heard them do that. I already have the car ripped apart and I am disassembling an Eco to regasketed and put in. Just do not know if I should change anything before I put it in. It's a 2004 with unknown mileage.

Tuesday, September 03, 2013 5:17 AM
I think we all know what the problem is..

It's an LD9.

Seriously though the biggest things I would do while the motor is out are a full timing kit with a new style tensioner, front sway bar bushings or replace the whole bar if that's your plan, new clutch/slave/flywheel surface, and any harness tucking you want to do. Water pump on the eco is pretty easy to do with the motor in so if it's good I'd leave it be.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Tuesday, September 03, 2013 5:29 AM
I'm not doing the sway bar bushings. I am doing the control arm bushings and painting everything. I just put new endlinks on 2-3 week ago. I am planning on upgrading swaybars later so it's a waste for bushings.

Tuesday, September 03, 2013 6:06 AM
I mention it only because you pretty much have the whole subframe to get to the front bar and bushings. You have a pretty sweet garage setup so I guess it's not that big of a deal for you

"In Oldskool we trust"
Tuesday, September 03, 2013 6:16 AM
Well $200 for a front bar is a lot since all that equipment in the shop was just purchased lol.

Wednesday, September 04, 2013 5:36 PM
Still no one is offering to help? Free food and access to lifts and tools if they are not being used? I would be all over this if someone else had posted something like this. Y3llowcav saw my shop, it's pretty big.

Wednesday, September 04, 2013 9:07 PM
Rob Dotterer wrote:Still no one is offering to help? Free food and access to lifts and tools if they are not being used? I would be all over this if someone else had posted something like this. Y3llowcav saw my shop, it's pretty big.

It's true that shop is baller status.

"In Oldskool we trust"

Wednesday, September 04, 2013 9:13 PM
Y3llowCav wrote:
Rob Dotterer wrote:Still no one is offering to help? Free food and access to lifts and tools if they are not being used? I would be all over this if someone else had posted something like this. Y3llowcav saw my shop, it's pretty big.

It's true that shop is baller status.

See now it was worth it for you to wait to drop the brace off because now you know where you can come if you need something and your in the area. I'll hook you up. I think with strategic placing we can fit everyone from the org lol.

Wednesday, September 04, 2013 10:11 PM
Can anyone tell me what they did to mount the eco PCM and cruse control? I do not belive I can month them in the ld9 locations.

Thursday, September 05, 2013 3:43 AM
mine is mounted inside the cabin in front of the center console.

Or you can put it under the cowel, or stock location on the pass side strut tower
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search