Header throwing code - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Header throwing code
Saturday, December 31, 2016 3:11 PM
I have a 2001 cavalier z24 2.4 I have a magna flow cat back on and a header. The cat back was done first and just recently put the header on. After the header was put on it started throwing a bank 1 sensor 1 code. Is there anything that I can do to fix that or does anybody know where I can get different o2 sensors so it won't throw a code. Thank you in advance

Re: Header throwing code
Saturday, December 31, 2016 3:42 PM
silverJ wrote:I have a 2001 cavalier z24 2.4 I have a magna flow cat back on and a header. The cat back was done first and just recently put the header on. After the header was put on it started throwing a bank 1 sensor 1 code. Is there anything that I can do to fix that or does anybody know where I can get different o2 sensors so it won't throw a code. Thank you in advance

which code exactly? Is the sensor original?

FU Tuning

Saturday, December 31, 2016 7:13 PM
No it was replaced when the header was put in. I can't remember the exact code. But it is for bank 1 sensor 1.
Addicted to meth wrote:
silverJ wrote:I have a 2001 cavalier z24 2.4 I have a magna flow cat back on and a header. The cat back was done first and just recently put the header on. After the header was put on it started throwing a bank 1 sensor 1 code. Is there anything that I can do to fix that or does anybody know where I can get different o2 sensors so it won't throw a code. Thank you in advance

which code exactly? Is the sensor original?

Saturday, December 31, 2016 11:05 PM
I think for use with a header u need to run a wideband o2 sensor and it may throw a code too if the sensor is in the wrong spot

ReD RaiN
Sunday, January 01, 2017 6:21 AM
T!M8!T wrote:I think for use with a header u need to run a wideband o2 sensor and it may throw a code too if the sensor is in the wrong spot

Not true.

You might need to run a heated O2 sensor. The LD9 and LN2 did not come with heated O2 sensor's from the factory. Running a header sometimes the exhaust flows to quick to heat the sensor up properly.

I have been running a heated O2 sensor for many years.

FU Tuning

Sunday, January 01, 2017 5:08 PM
You could have an aftermarket sensor that does not work the same as the factory one. Only way to tell would be to use a scan tool and an oscilloscope and check the waveform and check circuit integrity. I found out the hard way with aftermarket sensors in other brand cars. Not all sensor are created equally and for example, a denso sensor for a honda from a parts store is not the same denso sensor from Honda. They are not allowed to make the sensor the same for aftermarket resellers.

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Sunday, January 01, 2017 7:53 PM
Rob Dotterer wrote:You could have an aftermarket sensor that thank you guys so much for the help!!! I'm going to try it out and see what I can do. does not work the same as the factory one. Only way to tell would be to use a scan tool and an oscilloscope and check the waveform and check circuit integrity. I found out the hard way with aftermarket sensors in other brand cars. Not all sensor are created equally and for example, a denso sensor for a honda from a parts store is not the same denso sensor from Honda. They are not allowed to make the sensor the same for aftermarket resellers.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search