ANYONE OWN A DSM BEFORE THEIR J BODY - Mid Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
ANYONE OWN A DSM BEFORE THEIR J BODY
Monday, February 21, 2005 11:48 PM
IF SO WHAT WAS IT AND DO THEY MISS IT

I OWNED A 95 5 SPEED TALON I MISS IT BUT MY WALLET DOSENT TO MANY HEADACHES WITH IT LIKE WHEN I BLEW MY TRANS

Re: ANYONE OWN A DSM BEFORE THEIR J BODY
Tuesday, February 22, 2005 12:27 AM
I have heard they are a lot of trouble espically if they are turboed.

I was cosidering a 1st gen before I got my 2003.

My 2k3 cavalier | Nebraska Region SCCA
Tuesday, February 22, 2005 6:52 AM
We have both the cavalier and the DSM (90 GST) Mod list is in my registry.

Tuesday, February 22, 2005 10:05 AM
ask cheesecake he did, talk about a fun car haha

A cop once told me that I need to slow down in these fancy new cars, and i'm like it's a cavalier.
Tuesday, February 22, 2005 11:59 AM
I miss boost but the trans problem got really old

caviefreak: Ya know what I like about winter. Ya can get a bunch of beer out of the fridge and put it in the window sill so ya dont have to make as many trips out to the fridge
Tuesday, February 22, 2005 2:36 PM
i own a 97 gst ...with a blown head right now
...........miss drivin it ...
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 6:49 AM
Does an 87 Nissan Pathfinder count?! Trans probs must be universal to Japanese vehicles... the Pathy was smoked after two months, stupid auto Had to take it "all the way" up to 65 a few times a week to go to school, then it was dead. Oh yea, I never got to even do a burn out w/ it Hello Cavalier

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 6:58 AM
Roughed In wrote:Does an 87 Nissan Pathfinder count?! Trans probs must be universal to Japanese vehicles... the Pathy was smoked after two months, stupid auto Had to take it "all the way" up to 65 a few times a week to go to school, then it was dead. Oh yea, I never got to even do a burn out w/ it Hello Cavalier

DO U EVEN KNOW WHAT A DSM IS

caviefreak: Ya know what I like about winter. Ya can get a bunch of beer out of the fridge and put it in the window sill so ya dont have to make as many trips out to the fridge
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 7:08 AM
I had a 96 Avenger a couple with the Mistu 2.0 DOHC plant in it. I loved the car (though it was a little heavier for the motor, but it was a 5 speed and a blast to toy in). Tranny exploded after having it 4 months, covered under my warranty. Two years later, spun a main bearing and gave the car up. I wasn't about to spend 2 grand (at the time) on a motor for a car barely worth that. So then I changed to my 90 Cavy, drove that almost a year, started my Camaro project, and am now BACK to a J-body, in my 96 Cav.

Brakes? I don't need no stinking brakes....I have air bags
http://members.cardomain.com/charlzo_2000
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 7:59 AM
Damit I'm tired, D not J... I've been own3d

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 10:35 AM
I had a 95 TSI, loved the thing, i never had tranny problems and i beat the hell outa that car like there was no tommorrow. i really liked the way the interrior was set up. like how the center console and the radio was in the dash angled. I shaved the emblems off and painted that ugly orange reflector on the back black. Then one night i spun out going a little faster than normal and ripped the intercooler out because of a fence that jumped out in front of me. Some guy came from chicago and bought it for like 2400. I was crapping my pants then he said he just wanted the chassis because he had an eclipse GST i think it was and he wanted AWD. So ok the car is gone and i miss it. One fast car. After the intercooler was ripped out my friend pulled hte car with a rope at 4am behind his truck all the way home. (about 15 miles) fun ride let me tell ya. Good thing there wasnt any traffic.

Friday, March 04, 2005 10:26 PM
Had a '90 Laser, it was a great car, loved the interior set up and i especially liked the pop up head lights. blew up the damn autobox all i had left was reverse it would do 60 now thats a fun ride backwards
Friday, March 04, 2005 10:29 PM
yay dog sh*t motors i mean diamond star motors kick butt
haha j/k everyone

hitting a curb at 30 mph in a cavalier equals 2500 dollars damage...
Tuesday, April 05, 2005 7:28 PM
ive got one now....put a lil over 300 to the front wheels wish it was AWD....0 raction till the top of third...it blows

lol, 4th, oh well, im working on it.
Friday, April 08, 2005 11:41 AM
yeah i had a dsm before the slotomatic... i miss the boost and the whistle sound of the 16g turbo ... dam trans blow and shot the pin through the bell housing...
rip 90 gst
phil
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search