2nd Gen Parts, any interest? - Mid Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2nd Gen Parts, any interest?
Monday, March 07, 2005 3:38 PM
Well, my car's been rusting out for a while. But today, the entire upper mounting point for the rear driver's side shock seperated from the body. Yep, the entire car is pretty much dead now. The other side would be shortly following the other side.

So, anyone interested in buying various parts off of my deceased 1992 Z24? Its got a decent motor, although many miles. The GFX Kit is in...well..okay condition. If you buy it you'll need to repair the drivers side rocker and theres a dent in the rear bumper...a large dent. Got a spoiler, though. Other various bits are also there, obviously. Rims are also decently beat up (winter wheels, anyone?) Also just had a new exhaust system put in as well as new braking system. So, if you want to come steal that stuff, let me know about your interest. I haven't decided what I'm going to do yet.

Figured I'd see if there's any interest in anyone stealing parts from it before I had someone come and tow it. Let me know. Just exploring options at the moment, so no absolute commitment on the selling, just need to see if there's interest and if I can make a few bucks off this tragedy.

-----------------------
1992 3.1L Chevy Cavalier Z24
No one EVER suspects the Cavalier.
Proud Second Gens -- There's no replacement for displacement!

Re: 2nd Gen Parts, any interest?
Wednesday, March 09, 2005 9:40 PM
Im interested in the spoiler and the exhaust system, can you hook it up with some pictures or description (i.e. brand, model, etc) Also where are you located, I will pick up these items
Re: 2nd Gen Parts, any interest?
Thursday, March 10, 2005 6:45 AM
I'm in the Beilleville Illinois area. Unfortunately the spoiler isn't a "Z" spoiler. For some odd reason it came from the factory with a sunbird-esque spoiler, no 3rd brake light. The exhuast system is basically an OEM replacement with a modern cat and a new muffler. Nothing performance, but less than 6 months on the system and its from the motor back. Helped me pass emissions with flying colors. I'm not really looking to make big bucks on this thing by parting it out, I just figured I might as well see if anyone wants cheap parts before I send it to the junkyard.

Also sorry, but it'll take me a bit to get pics. You can shoot me an e-mail at overallcoma@yahoo.com and I'll see about getting you pics.

Oh yeah, if anyone's curious - the estimate to fix the rusting situation is $3500 just based on what the tech could see. There'll obviously be more issues once the outer panels are removed. YIKES!!!! Looks like I'll be in the market for a beat in the near future.

-----------------------
1992 3.1L Chevy Cavalier Z24
No one EVER suspects the Cavalier.
Proud Second Gens -- There's no replacement for displacement!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search