KC SCCA - Mid Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
KC SCCA
Sunday, March 13, 2005 5:41 PM
Ok, Skinny and I talked a little about this yesterday, the first SCCA Solo 2 meet is next Sunday, as in the 20th. I am going to race there, Skinny thought it would be cool to watch the races. If any of you guys wanna come down and race/watch it is a blast. Ok, I won't be able to get on for the rest of the week(work), so I will give all of the details that I can here and now.

It is at Kaufman (sp?) Stadium in Lot L, really easy to find, you can usually see all of the cars and stuff from the highway. If you want to race it is $25, watching is absolutely free, but if you wanna walk around on the "field" you will need to sign an insurance waiver. If you want to race I reccomend that you be there between 8 and 9 am, to sign up and get your run times and work assignments......yes you have to work the track a little, but it's really no big deal. Also if your racing I reccomend that you bring an air bubble if possible and a few tools, just in case(God forbid), if the air isn't possible, put extra air in your tires before you come down, depending on tires up the pressure like 20psi. Now you do have to pass a tech inspection, your battery has to be tied down well, of course, you should also clean out your car ie...anything that could become a projectile. There are spots where you can put stuff such as your spare tire if you remove it for weight reasons. Ummmm, I think I have most everything covered, oh, while your there you also have to take out your front floor mats, mainly because they could get jammed under the pedal and cause a very unsafe situation.......

Ok, that about covers it, I think If you guys want, check out this and this. I hope I got everything.

Anyway, sorry for the long post, and I might, stressing might, get a chance to check sometime in the middle of the week in one of the hotels. I hope to see a good turnout.

Oh, sh!t.....I almost forgot, if your going to just watch, I believe that the runs actually start at either 10, 11, or 12.......somewhere around there, check those links out it should let you know. Anyways......I'll check back Thursday night for sure.

Later

Re: KC SCCA
Sunday, March 13, 2005 8:59 PM
I heard a rumor that you have to be a SCCA member to run in a KC meet is that true?

Our first Nebraska Region Solo II is the same day but I know some of the more competitive people will be down there in KC.

My 2k3 cavalier | Nebraska Region SCCA
Monday, March 14, 2005 3:44 PM
well lance with ym ticket I wont be able to race but if you want company lol I may be able to tag along not a 100% sure but it is a thought
Monday, March 14, 2005 6:31 PM
I have already started talking the wife into going. I won't be racing my big ol' sports sedan, but I am very interested in watching.

Wednesday, March 16, 2005 5:13 PM
hey lance i wouldnt mind coming up to watch... me and my girlfriend might come up

Thursday, March 17, 2005 7:09 PM
Tommy Boy- As far as I know, no, I did it last year, and they gave a tempory membership to me, it lasts for 3 months. Hopefully that hasn't changed....... Cool, I will have to check 'em out and take in some tips and advice.

Justin, Brandon, and Clay, that is cool. I actually might not be able to make it to race either, as long as my check comes in tomorrow, or Sat. it will be all good and I can race, but if it doesn't, I will be forced to watch.............damit, or I might not be able to make it at all.............double damit.

Thursday, March 17, 2005 7:34 PM
Oh hey Tommy boy, I was wondering if you guys ever run at the MId America track during the year? I might even have to come check out Omaha's SCCA sometime.

Thursday, March 17, 2005 9:36 PM
We do have events at Mid America Motorplex pretty regularly.

I dont do the club racing thing though maybe someday I will get into it.

So far the schedule for the races at MAM are:

Club Race - Regional/National/IT tour:

April 23/24

August 20/21

Club Race - School/Regional/Enduro

October 8/9

Here is a link to the event calendar for our region:

http://www.nrscca.com/calendar.php

From what I understand our Autoxs are on very small lots compared to yours. I might have to go to a KC event sometime as well.

My 2k3 Chevy | Nebraska Region SCCA
Friday, March 18, 2005 3:19 PM
Yeah, I think that the lot is huge.......but I also have nothing to compare it too, but it is most, if not all, of the Royals parking lot. Club racing would be sweet.............I only need a competition liscense right? Oh, and a different car..............mine is my daily driver.........don't wanna dent or wreck it.

Sunday, March 20, 2005 9:28 PM
Man, I wish I could have made it out there today (the weather was awsome for Solo II)
But alas some @!#$ came up today that I had to take care off. Hope you guys had a great time!

Later,
Skinny J

Tara, I will love and miss you forever, you will never be forgotten
http://tara-nagel.memory-of.com/

Monday, March 21, 2005 7:09 PM
Yeah, it was awesome.........

Mark showed up......but he was the only one who did, but I understand, people had things to do or something came up, which is cool. I still had a blast............smoking tires...........aroma , awesome.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search