Chicago Land J-bodys - Page 11 - Mid Central Region Forum

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.
Re: Chicago Land J-bodys
Friday, April 08, 2005 6:46 AM
Darkstars wrote:Paul an ABC type box like that is a little different from saying a box that size of the truink.... honest opinion, no offense to you but you always come up with all these ideas of things your gonna do and I haven't seen a single one of them actually happen... if you wanna try it go for it but I would say keep it simple

Jose says: So are you actually gonna build that box Paul or what?? If you do and it sounds like that guy said it does you can build me one.

First - Ken, I was gonna offer you my domelight b/c I am getting rid of it, lol. But a) it's stock, not neon, and b) you have a sunroof, so I dunno if it's the same?? Anyway...

Ryan, as for me saying what I'm gonna do and what I actually do, I have an equation "Costs money + No money available + Lazy = Nothing gets done" I'm starting to get some money now tho, so I think I need some anti-lazy pills or something then I'll get crap done. The box won't be real easy for me to do since I don't have a table saw (recommended for the angled cuts, scroll saw will just have to do), but I'll do what I can. My tax crap is getting mailed out today, when I get my returns it'll be about enough for the Pro Streets so I can finally drop this bioch.

Jose, between two jobs I dunno how soon I can build one for my car, let alone yours, haha. 'Specially since I have to build it outside b/c my workshop is so tiny.

Friday, April 08, 2005 8:42 AM
well good to hear things are coming together and plans are going into effect

I still think the box is nothing more then a glorified bandpass box though

Friday, April 08, 2005 8:59 AM
Hey ryan how did you like the ride in elis car now.

Friday, April 08, 2005 11:20 AM
Darkstars wrote:well good to hear things are coming together and plans are going into effect

Horns essentially are 'glorified bandpass boxes' in that they have a sealed side, and a ported side. The difference between bandpass and horn is that BP only plays one small frequency range well, and horns play a large range well due to their design.
Supposedly the Wicked One, if used in PA apps (ie outdoor party, GM Small Car Bash, etc) can go up to 5KHz w/ the right woofers. Since I'm using subs, it'll be X-Overed at 100-150Hz (I won't know exactly until I build, load, install, and tune it - but my 5-way x-over does like 50, 100, 150, 200, 250 Hz for the subs, I think)

Ken, I don't think we'll even need your heated garage to install the bar, lol. What w/ how nice it's been lately.

Friday, April 08, 2005 11:29 AM
Roughed In wrote:
Darkstars wrote:well good to hear things are coming together and plans are going into effect

Horns essentially are 'glorified bandpass boxes' in that they have a sealed side, and a ported side. The difference between bandpass and horn is that BP only plays one small frequency range well, and horns play a large range well due to their design.
Supposedly the Wicked One, if used in PA apps (ie outdoor party, GM Small Car Bash, etc) can go up to 5KHz w/ the right woofers. Since I'm using subs, it'll be X-Overed at 100-150Hz (I won't know exactly until I build, load, install, and tune it - but my 5-way x-over does like 50, 100, 150, 200, 250 Hz for the subs, I think)

Ken, I don't think we'll even need your heated garage to install the bar, lol. What w/ how nice it's been lately.

what the @!#$a re you even talking about. seriously im totally confused on what your even trying ot do. I know your building a huge ass sub box that will be way to big for your subs and kill the sound of them but what is this aobu thorns and pa speakers.

Disclaimer: Dey see me Trollin' Dey hatin' for trollin dey trying to catch me ridin dirty.

Friday, April 08, 2005 11:55 AM
i'm going to put a PA in my mx-6 one day...and i'm gonna hide low in my car and talk through it to ppl and the ppl are gonna think my car is talking to them and get TOTALLY freaked out!!!!! And my car is gonna hit on chicks

1996 Mazda MX-6 LS M-Series V6 "The CAVeater"
Friday, April 08, 2005 12:00 PM
Cavie Freak wrote:
what the @!#$a re you even talking about. seriously im totally confused on what your even trying ot do. I know your building a huge ass sub box that will be way to big for your subs and kill the sound of them but what is this aobu thorns and pa speakers.

The box I'm building (Wicked One) is supposed to be a great box, I copied portions of a review on page 10 from a guy that built one for 4x10's (JL 10w0's) in his 04 Cav Coupe, he said it sounds awesome, and that was before tuning.
I'll be making my box taller than his to fit 2x12" Alpine Type-___ (prolly Type-S). It's designed very specifically, and I'm keeping the original design for the Alpines, and making another box (highly modified from the original design) for my crappy old Pioneer 10's (it'll be much smaller, and fire up at the rear window rather than though the back seat opening, leaving about 1/2-2/3rdsof the trunk open). The Pioneer box will basically be an experiment, see what my mod design sounds like.

As for my talk about PA speakers, I was explaining how versatile the box is, can go all the way up to 5kHz w/ the right speakers. And the Wicked One is a folded-horn design, thus the talk about horns vs. ports

Friday, April 08, 2005 12:22 PM
WHAT THE @!#$ IS UP WITH THE ORG MY @!#$ SIG DOESN'T SHOW UP AND I DON'T KNOW WHY

Friday, April 08, 2005 12:23 PM
or does it????? BULL@!#$ I SAY BULL@!#$

Friday, April 08, 2005 12:33 PM
Wow.... I see it just fine actually.... Vette symbol w/ Chevy and JBO, etc

Friday, April 08, 2005 3:00 PM
I posted in a couple of threads and some stupid @!#$ came up saying no external linking or some @!#$ like that

Friday, April 08, 2005 3:02 PM
its cause your white.....

Friday, April 08, 2005 3:17 PM
yeah but what can i do about it

Friday, April 08, 2005 3:52 PM
basically just acept that your inferior and cry alot

Friday, April 08, 2005 3:56 PM
I do that already

Friday, April 08, 2005 7:13 PM

1996 Mazda MX-6 LS M-Series V6 "The CAVeater"
Saturday, April 09, 2005 8:42 AM
Quote:

ken that freakin blows I know how that feels the worst part is cleaning up that freakin glass

no you don't when did you ever have a broken window or a break in?

Saturday, April 09, 2005 12:35 PM
when they broke into his car while he was at work

Saturday, April 09, 2005 4:13 PM
KEN 2.2 wrote:MOTHER FUKKER My car got broke in to last night. they stole my radar detector, and they tried to steal my subs(which are bolted down) And they couldnt get my Radio cause i used Steel brakets to the fire wall. But the broke my window, and fukked up my door trying to pry it open. and my dash is all busted up. The raido face plate is missing(My nice $400. alpine) and they stole my dome lights.
damn man im so sorry to hear that happend. i know how it fells to get ur windows busted. i had my talon pulled all the way up to the garage i guess some kids had some beef with me and one day i was lying in my room and i heard a bang and tthen another one. i look out my window and i see some kid running from my driveway. i run out and see that @!#$ running and i saw that he had busted my windshield and my passenger window. yea it sux man but owell u cant really let it get to you unless you know who it is.hopefully ur insurance will cover it.

Saturday, April 09, 2005 5:28 PM
dam that sucks dude......mine was busted into last winter at marcus theaters in orland......aint it a bitch.......it sucks.......i feel for ya

Saturday, April 09, 2005 10:55 PM
Roughed In wrote:
Cavie Freak wrote:

The box I'm building (Wicked One) is supposed to be a great box, I copied portions of a review on page 10 from a guy that built one for 4x10's (JL 10w0's) in his 04 Cav Coupe, he said it sounds awesome, and that was before tuning.
I'll be making my box taller than his to fit 2x12" Alpine Type-___ (prolly Type-S). It's designed very specifically, and I'm keeping the original design for the Alpines, and making another box (highly modified from the original design) for my crappy old Pioneer 10's (it'll be much smaller, and fire up at the rear window rather than though the back seat opening, leaving about 1/2-2/3rdsof the trunk open). The Pioneer box will basically be an experiment, see what my mod design sounds like.

As for my talk about PA speakers, I was explaining how versatile the box is, can go all the way up to 5kHz w/ the right speakers. And the Wicked One is a folded-horn design, thus the talk about horns vs. ports

Better check out the space the subs you want to put in it require adn build it to that spec. Just cusae seom guy made it fro his cav 4 4 10's doesnt mean that just replaceing the front plate to fit 12's will make it soudn good for the subs you ahve. Every sub require a certain amount of air space in and out side of the box to soudn good. So im with ryan on this one its most likely going to sound like @!#$. IMHO build the box aroudn the subs you are going to use dont use someone elses box reworked to fit different size subs.

Disclaimer: Dey see me Trollin' Dey hatin' for trollin dey trying to catch me ridin dirty.

Sunday, April 10, 2005 10:15 AM
this should be posted in audio and electronics

Sunday, April 10, 2005 10:22 AM
well we'll just wait til Ryan tells shifted or cannon to move it

Sunday, April 10, 2005 2:22 PM
Hi everyone!!

click sig for website
Sunday, April 10, 2005 2:36 PM
Hello!!!!

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.

Start New Topic Advanced Search