Chicago Land J-bodys - Page 9 - Mid Central Region Forum

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.
Re: Chicago Land J-bodys
Monday, April 04, 2005 9:03 PM
YELLOW Z04 wrote:WHILE im here does anyone know or seen a blue 04 cavy with white grafx on the sides, pepboys spoiler and a needforspeed underground sticker on the trunklid

what town did you see it in....

Monday, April 04, 2005 9:25 PM
Hi Phil

Tuesday, April 05, 2005 11:13 AM
who.....me....?!?!

Tuesday, April 05, 2005 11:31 AM
im finally premo again yay

Team Altered Car Club

Tuesday, April 05, 2005 12:41 PM
Damn I want my Premo again

Tuesday, April 05, 2005 3:54 PM
PhilioZ24 wrote:who.....me....?!?!

yes you

Tuesday, April 05, 2005 6:14 PM
HI

Tuesday, April 05, 2005 6:14 PM
!!!!!!!

Tuesday, April 05, 2005 6:30 PM
whats with all this gay @!#$

wikkymaster <<-

check out my blogs!
Gov't Auto Auction

How I Stopped Smoking

Easy online cash

UNLIMITED streaming online movies
Tuesday, April 05, 2005 7:10 PM
it was around 95th&harlem he was trying to race a sti

http://registry.gmenthusiast.com/images/mellowyellow04/photo100.jpg
Tuesday, April 05, 2005 7:25 PM
hey DARK you missed it last week FRANK was try to do a alingment and car rolled half way off the rack drivers side was wedged in between the rack put a hole in th oil pan oil all over i took almost everybody in the shop to get it back on the lift.

last month he drove a car into his tool box he forgot to pump the brakes after he replace them no major damage to his tool box but put a nice scrach in the hood when tools on his box went flying!

http://registry.gmenthusiast.com/images/mellowyellow04/photo100.jpg

Tuesday, April 05, 2005 7:27 PM
THIS THREAD RAAWKS!!!!!!

Tuesday, April 05, 2005 11:08 PM
YELLOW Z04 wrote:hey DARK you missed it last week FRANK was try to do a alingment and car rolled half way off the rack drivers side was wedged in between the rack put a hole in th oil pan oil all over i took almost everybody in the shop to get it back on the lift.

last month he drove a car into his tool box he forgot to pump the brakes after he replace them no major damage to his tool box but put a nice scrach in the hood when tools on his box went flying!

LMFAO maybe its extra funny cause I'm drunk but that @!#$in cracked me up

Wednesday, April 06, 2005 7:02 AM
Darkstars wrote:a box that takes up the entire trunk isn't gonna do @!#$ unless the sub is meant for that much space.... and I've always heard as rule of thumb that the amoutn you spend on your amps alone should be about 1/2 of the systems total cost... so a decent sub with a garbage amp and a way to big box is gonna sound like @!#$, very boomy sounding rather then bass, and very sloopy with little to no sound quality. You said you wanted to hear my system to see if the type R's are worth it.... I have alpines top of the line amp pushing them in a box thats perfect size for them, a bug box and junk amp is gonna sound nowhere near the same.

Guess you haven't heard of Folded Horn design??

I was gonna link to the page for Wicked One, but it's a flash site or something. http://www.decware.com Go to Speakers, then scroll down to Subwoofer Box Plans, then Wicked One. It's a 4th order type enclosure. On a side note, as I was looking at the site again, I noticed that it only holds two 10's But 10" Type-R's or even S's should still sound awesome

Spec sheet for two Rockford Fosgate RF108's (in a WO):

SIZE A - 36" x 36" x 13.5" Red
SIZE B - 24" x 36" x 13.5" Blue

Because of space (I actually use the trunk) I may switch to Decware's Death Box DBK-212. It's also a fourth order design, but a) much smaller and b) supposed to hit hard instead of boom. Dual 12" too Still kinda big at 14x14x32

Wednesday, April 06, 2005 8:44 AM
Harness help please

It's regarding a pair of harnesses in my front doors, probably for mirrors??

Wednesday, April 06, 2005 11:24 AM
HEY GUYS JUST FIGURED ID STOP IN AND SAY THAT I FINALLY GOT MY HOOD TO SIT RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but yeah it has a lil arch to it when its cold but after the engine gets hot it fits perfect. ill have pics up probably a long time from now but you will all get to see it at the meet, if you wanted to. lata
Wednesday, April 06, 2005 1:33 PM
Woo hoo!! I found the page on cardomain of Cavy + Wicked One. The guy loaded 4 JL 10W0's Isobaric into the box.

His review of the WO in Cavalier
Quote:

...The sound coming from the horn was amazing. Everything sounded like it was made for this box....Started to play some rap music, holy [s***] what happended the subs output dramaticly increased and I [sh@*] my pants. The system pounds like a mother [fur] now.

I tossed in some bass testing cd and I was shocked. It hits so much harder right now. I am going to turn the box back to the rear of the trunk in a few days to see if it was the amp settings or the placement of the box that did it.

However I am only putting 125 RMS into each of the 4 subs. What I notice about these subs is when I had my JL 500.1 and they were getting 166 RMS each at least (3 subs only) they really started to shine.

From his pics, it first looks as though it takes up the entire trunk front to back, but he's actually got it pushed all the way back (you can see a large portion of the spare tire cover down there, shouldn't see much at all - if any - when it's pushed forward)
I've also been reading the forums on Decware and found out how to put 12"s into the WO, so I may just go w/ it after all, if I have to carry crap, back seat!! haha.

Wednesday, April 06, 2005 3:00 PM
check out my last post up there...that's the room of the people who care

Wednesday, April 06, 2005 4:03 PM
hahayhahahahaha

Hello everyone yay im bored at work

Wednesday, April 06, 2005 4:29 PM
Paul an ABC type box like that is a little different from saying a box that size of the truink.... honest opinion, no offense to you but you always come up with all these ideas of things your gonna do and I haven't seen a single one of them actually happen... if you wanna try it go for it but I would say keep it simple

Wednesday, April 06, 2005 7:57 PM

Wednesday, April 06, 2005 8:26 PM
Hi Ryan

Wednesday, April 06, 2005 8:28 PM
what no hi for cheesedick

Wednesday, April 06, 2005 8:31 PM
So are you actually gonna build that box Paul or what?? If you do and it sounds like that guy said it does you can build me one.

Wednesday, April 06, 2005 8:45 PM
I want to buy a Ken subframe brace when I get some money.

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.

Start New Topic Advanced Search