Cut/No Cut Lowering springs - Mid Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Cut/No Cut Lowering springs
Wednesday, April 20, 2005 8:19 PM
I have a 1.5 drop on my 02 Cav and im not satisfied. Does anyone think i should cut my lowering springs to go a inch or so more drop. I knwo its not going to be the best ride but i still need to drop the front end more. LEt me know

Re: Cut/No Cut Lowering springs
Wednesday, April 20, 2005 8:21 PM
NO buy some coil oves if you need a bigger drop or get new springs. Dont cheap out on the suspension its what holds your car to the ground.

Disclaimer: Dey see me Trollin' Dey hatin' for trollin dey trying to catch me ridin dirty.

Wednesday, April 20, 2005 8:51 PM
bad move if you do buy lower springs, then you can sell the ones you have to recoup a lil bit if you want, but cutting them is down right dangerous. if your car zigs when you want to zag, your toast, burnt toast no less.

Wednesday, April 20, 2005 8:58 PM
How is it dangerous to cut them , All its going to do is make a bumpier ride, I dont wana buy any coilovers or springs again becuase air ride is next on my list , so i guess if i dont cut them ill just hold out till i get air ride

Wednesday, April 20, 2005 9:45 PM
cutting your springs will result in a TERRIBLE bumpy bounce bounce ride and it will destroy your struts, and strut mounts. don't do it

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Wednesday, April 20, 2005 9:49 PM
Somebody please slap him for me ... It may lower your car more but it will ruin half of your suspension!

Think of it like this.... You jump off the roof of your house onto say 4 ft high pile of pillows... you laugh because it didn't hurt right.. Now do it again with like 2 ft and your going to stand up holding your ribs because something snapped

Its not smart

Wednesday, April 20, 2005 10:06 PM
CUT EM and tell us what happens LMAO noob

Team Altered Car Club

Wednesday, April 20, 2005 10:59 PM
i'm not gonna insult the guy or anything because hey he's right, it'll lower the car more. i'll constructively tell you it's going to do more bad than good bro. just spend the money and get some 2" drop springs.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Wednesday, April 20, 2005 11:06 PM
obciously money is tight if you are even thinking about cutting the springs... Just goto ebay and get the cheap ass coilovers for like 30 bucks slam the car 4" have a @!#$ty ride and then have the coilovers break in 6 months ... another cheap half ass way to solve your problem

Team Altered Car Club

Thursday, April 21, 2005 7:07 AM
I think it's a grand idea... I wish I would have thought of that instead of spending money on lowering springs and then paying to have them installed..... lol

Rob

Sold 2/2/05
Thursday, April 21, 2005 9:32 AM
Again, I am not gonna insult this guy...All I am going to say is that I am enduring my stock suspension (and, btw, I hate the wheel gap I have right now w/ 18's), because I am saving up for bags...on the same note, I dont want to have to replace every part of the rest of my car because I cut the springs, and then rolled, or hit a pole or whatever because I lost controld due to fked up suspension...dont do it...deal w/ the look for now until you can afford to do it right...Just my thoughts

LiLiNoRe (Live Life No Regrets)

Thursday, April 21, 2005 12:21 PM
You can't blame the guy for asking about cutting his springs. How many times have you other guys heard someone say "just cut the springs, it's cheaper and does the same thing" I have heard numerous people say that, and yes they are all idiots but if you don't know about suspension how are you suppsoed to know what is good or bad unless you ask. Props to the people who aren't slamming this guy.

But I have to agree with everyone else, cutting the springs is dangerous cause it compromises your whole suspension, and frame for that matter. If you're doing an air ride just hold out until you can afford it. Trust me, it will be a lot better than having to fix your entire suspension, THEN having to save up again for the air ride.

Thursday, April 21, 2005 12:27 PM
Cheesecake had his heated to lower his car. It is bouncy as hell. I wouldnt recomend it, but I dont see how much better cheap e-bay coliovers could be. Especially on stock struts that will blow anyway. My personal advise would be to just wait it out.

Thursday, April 21, 2005 12:37 PM
Ken96Z wrote:obciously money is tight if you are even thinking about cutting the springs... Just goto ebay and get the cheap ass coilovers for like 30 bucks slam the car 4" have a @!#$ty ride and then have the coilovers break in 6 months ... another cheap half ass way to solve your problem

I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic

Thursday, April 21, 2005 3:56 PM
Bigger J wrote:
Ken96Z wrote:obciously money is tight if you are even thinking about cutting the springs... Just goto ebay and get the cheap ass coilovers for like 30 bucks slam the car 4" have a @!#$ty ride and then have the coilovers break in 6 months ... another cheap half ass way to solve your problem

I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic

hehe yeaa def being sarcastic

Team Altered Car Club

Thursday, April 21, 2005 8:42 PM
Thursday, April 21, 2005 9:04 PM
eric altman: You might want to check out that thread. It gives you very specific, technical reasons why not to cut your springs. Good info Darkstars!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search