Are Clear Corner Lights Illegal In Missouri? - Mid Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Are Clear Corner Lights Illegal In Missouri?
Thursday, March 24, 2005 12:10 PM
I own a 2000 cavalier and I read under main library on this site on how to clear out the inside of your front turn signal lenses and make them clear corners. It also said that after you clear it out to go buy some super white bulbs and stick them in there to complete the project. I asked my dad if I could do this and he said it's illegal in Missouri. I was wondering if anyone knew if it was or not before I do this? I dont really wanna clear them out if I'm just going to end up having a ugly yellow bulb in it.

Re: Are Clear Corner Lights Illegal In Missouri?
Thursday, March 24, 2005 2:31 PM
illegal=yes
will you be pulled over for that alone=probably not
Thursday, March 24, 2005 3:56 PM
Do you not want yellow at all or just not the site of a yellow bulb when it is not on.

The Sylvania SilverStar front bulbs are a chrome look when not on but amber when on.
Thursday, March 24, 2005 6:21 PM
Well it seems that to have a white bulb for your turn signal is illegal. I just don't like the yellow because everything else on my car is either silver or chrome. I will just have to buy the Sylvania Silverstar bulbs. Thanks.
Thursday, March 24, 2005 10:18 PM
Brandon G. wrote:illegal=yes
will you be pulled over for that alone=probably not
Not exactly a true statement....I don't think at least. From a color standpoint, the state of Missouri could care less. Amber and white are both permitted colors on the front of a car.

"Color of Lights - No red or blue lights are permitted toward the front of the vehicle, only white or amber, except on emergency vehicles or school buses."

From this link

The only way I think it will matter is if the reflector itself is missing.

Friday, March 25, 2005 7:37 PM
Holy crap your young! Were at in missouri are you?

Anti-Forums | ClubCav Mod | Local Forum
Friday, March 25, 2005 9:50 PM
Dear god...I didn't even notice that. He was born when I was in High School....damn.

Sunday, March 27, 2005 3:44 PM
I have clear corners on my 01 Cav...no orange reflectors with hyper white bulbs. I've never been pulled over. Jackas is right, they only care that you actually HAVE turn signals and that they are not red or blue. That's the STATE law, however don't forget that each city will have a different ordinance!
Sunday, March 27, 2005 3:46 PM
PS-
HOLY CRAP! I'm 21 and I feel OLD after looking at your profile!! MAN!
Tuesday, May 17, 2005 4:01 PM
Just a lil insight in to this topic... I have a 01 4dr and it has clear corners with blue lights in them... Never been pulled over..(knock on wood)and i used to live in st.louis but now i live in a lil town called sullivan..... Annd the cops in st. louis never looked twice at me..And now that i am down here every once in awhile a cop might think twice about pulling me over but dont....

Tuesday, May 17, 2005 4:14 PM
wow, i asked this question a long time ago wen i first became a member, yea, the cops havent bothered me at all, they look tight too, and ya i doubt the ppl who commented on how young i am will see this but yea im 15, i goto high school at cole camp missouri...its cool

Tuesday, May 17, 2005 8:55 PM
Starting young I was 15 when i first got my first cavy, nothing like a 2000 Silver Cavalier 2 door 2.2L 3 speed automatic to break you in on the street . I upgraded on my 16th birthday to a 2000 2.4L, best move i ever made.

Tuesday, May 17, 2005 11:04 PM
the only thing i have been ticketed for is modified exhaust... they are starting to enforce that late at night. but as far as clear lenses / aftermarket bulbs... make sure you stay away from red and blue.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Wednesday, May 18, 2005 2:34 PM
yea steve, i got a 2000 2.2 silver auto too as my first car....well first car i ever drove, ive been building sportcompacts since i was 13...but yea, i wish i woulda gotten a z24, they are so much faster, but my car does look good, my friend offered me a blown 91 300zx for 1500, i think i might buy that, im going to go look at it today, if i dont like it though, ill jus keep the cav, do u guys think 6500 is too much to ask for my car, its a 2000 with 39000 miles, auto, like new, with urethane kit, look at my profile to see the rest of the mods...or do u guys think i shuld keep the cavy?...its super slow
Wednesday, May 18, 2005 3:25 PM
Matt Burns wrote:do u guys think 6500 is too much to ask for my car, its a 2000 with 39000 miles, auto, like new, with urethane kit, look at my profile to see the rest of the mods...or do u guys think i shuld keep the cavy?...its super slow

http://www.kbb.com

blue book it. thats the price you can expect to get for it. aftermarket stuff doesn't add value to the car unless you find someone thats lookin for a modded car.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Thursday, May 19, 2005 7:06 PM
yea, i looked it up on the kbb, its worth 4200, so i say screw it, ill just keep it and keep modding it, with low miles like that i should be able to drive it for a long time
Friday, May 20, 2005 5:07 AM
yea i have 131k on my 99 cav with the 2200 in it. had to replace the head gasket not too long ago but considering the mileage thats evitable.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search