Legal or illegal? - Mid Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Legal or illegal?
Saturday, June 25, 2005 9:35 PM
Can they pull you over for flashing your lights to tell others there is a 5 0 ahead? I guess since i have already gotten a speeding ticket every time I see a officer running radar I flash my lights a couple times. Down where I live there is a bridge that connects over to ILL and lately there has been either a ILL highway patrol or a county running radar the speed limit is 45 but usually people go 55 and i go 50 to 55 and usually get past easy. The grandparents live over in ILL so I cross the bridge a couple times a week and usually at night so the radar detector goes off and i flash my lights. But back to my question lol Can they get you for that? This is for everyone not just ILL and MO people.

2nd place is the 1st loser

Re: Legal or illegal?
Saturday, June 25, 2005 9:43 PM
i dont think that particular thing is illegal, but it would give them reason to pull you over and find something that is illegal. are you talking about the overpass right before the jb bridge?

Saturday, June 25, 2005 10:33 PM
5 0 eh? you must be gangsta
Saturday, June 25, 2005 10:58 PM
yes you can get pulled over if an officer notices you warning other drivers of radar in use. now it's one thing if you are flashing your lights to warn for say an accident ahead or to signal them for some serious reason. but as far as warning goes, yes they will get you for that.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Sunday, June 26, 2005 6:58 AM
L33tJbody (Brandon Gathye) wrote:5 0 eh? you must be gangsta

Stright up cuzz. Gangsta 4 eva lol hahahahaha

Quote:

are you talking about the overpass right before the jb bridge?

jb bridge? I dont think so this is called the emerson memorial bridge down here in Cape Girardeau MO just about 1hr and half south of stl

Sunday, June 26, 2005 8:21 AM
Actually it is illegal to flash your lights. Doing so could distract other drivers at night. and like someone said, no you most likely wont get in trouble for doing so but they will find something else to nail you for if they notice.

Sunday, June 26, 2005 12:14 PM
^^I wonder what they would get me for. I mean my car is up to par as far as I know no expired tags, got the insurence but ya i know what you mean my dad is a state trooper in IN and some of the things he pulls people over for so he can make his Quota for the month is like wow dad you suck! lol Well thanx for the answer. Peace

Tuesday, July 12, 2005 5:36 PM
i remember going to south county in my buddys z28 and we cruised over the jb bridge at about 130mph with no problems
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search