What's Up K.C...one more boosted Z - Mid Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
What's Up K.C...one more boosted Z
Wednesday, July 20, 2005 6:51 PM
Hey...Guys.... We just moved to K.C. and having a blast out here, minus the heat/humidity. You can't even walk outside, without dripping with sweat....

Anyway....I am glad to be aboard with you, and look foward to meeting each of you.

Personally, I drive a turbo Z24...running ~18 psi Low/21 High with an Electromotive TEC running the car. The engine is currently out at K&M with Karen and Trevor in Raytown because of a broken wrist pin wire lock... They seemed to be the best ones around to do the work, and loved the fact that someone made a Cavalier actually fast. I have been pretty happy with them so far, especially Karen!

I did drive the car to work one day, and Raytown's finest were called because of the out-of-state plates. They were really cool with me. They asked me how fast does it go...."55 on public streets, officer, " was my response.

Anyway, if you guys need some help or need some assistance, let me know. I have pretty much done it all.

Look forward to catching up with you....

John

Signature Powered by Exploited Racing

Re: What's Up K.C...one more boosted Z
Thursday, July 21, 2005 5:05 AM
Hey John, Nice to see you made it. I was just up that way last weekend and won "Hottest GM" at Hot Import Nights. We'll have to get together some weekend and figure out how to hook up my Motec M4.

If you think you might be coming down my way get a hold of me...

"The FACTS are always subject to CHANGE once the TRUTH is applied"
"In the entire history of man the only stupid questions are the ones that don't get asked"
Thursday, July 21, 2005 12:17 PM
What's going on man? I'm not to far from KC,plus I'm always up there cause of my team.
Everybody is from KC but 2 of us are from topeka.Give me a holla sometime.There is a show this weekend in topeka if you wanna come out?Let me know......
Thursday, July 21, 2005 1:38 PM
did u get ne numbers with ur set up before it broke? i live in independence and i am working on a boosted grandam with the 2.4 and it should be done soon. ill probly see ya around sometime
Thursday, July 21, 2005 4:11 PM
Welcome to the area! I live in Lee's Summit, which is about 5 miles south of Raytown. We are having our big Spotabee Racing Fall BBQ and Shenannigans Meet in a couple of weeks, on August 7th. You should join us!

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Thursday, July 21, 2005 4:20 PM
Now you move after I sold my Z24!! I really wanted your turbo setup. Maybe if I get another one.

Later!

Thursday, July 21, 2005 4:32 PM
what up Mack I'm moving to raytown at the end of the month so will see if we can hookup one day hope to see u at the monthly meet next month
Thursday, July 21, 2005 7:39 PM
Hey John, good to see you're liking KC, once it cools down a bit you'll really get to enjoy the area more! Also we'll be having our monthly meet the second saturday of next month, so hope you can make it!

Gary: Congrats on your win at HIN, truly a great car you've built, Also have you gotten enough miles on the motor yet to put the car on the dyno? I'm really interested in seeing what kind of numbers it puts down and what the power band looks like. Keep me posted.

Later
Skinny J

Tara, I will love and miss you forever, you will never be forgotten
http://tara-nagel.memory-of.com/

Thursday, July 21, 2005 8:09 PM
speaking of meets... when is the next heartland JBO meet? it's been a while

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Friday, July 22, 2005 9:37 PM
Sounds like fun.....let me know where you guys meet up and I will see if I can make it.

The last time on the dyno, we were at 353 hp at 327 trq 18 psi. I'll have to do it all again with the refreshed motor so we shall see. 71 S of Belton seems to be a nice stretch of tuning road.

My wife and I may do a gathering out our place just like we did for the guys in NEJbody. Maybe in October time frame...

Gary.... The Motec is not bad. I know a couple of people that hooked it up, and from what I know, it is the same idea as the Tec. Wiring is the easy part, getting the car to start, warm up, and idle correctly was difficult for me. However, I have the car starting without stepping on the gas.

For those are going WTF?? The whole warm up, idle sequence, and temperature parameters need to be set in. It takes some trial and error to get the cars to idle correctly, but the tuning with boosted engines is a blast.

One recommendation, I have the Wideband O2 sensor from Dynojet running the A/F feedback through the Tec. Motec has a similar GPO input. I could not be happier with it, and having a lot of success with it.

Signature Powered by Exploited Racing
Friday, July 22, 2005 10:25 PM
thats crazy man. its great to know that we have such a highly modified j-body near us. who built the motor, did you?? Im planning on being at the next meet maybe you can come so we can all drool over your car.

View my MySpace

Monday, July 25, 2005 3:19 PM
hey johnny did you ever get your car painted?? im remember you posted that you were looking for a shop to paint your car.

View my MySpace
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search