5 speed Getrag and Ecotec for sale! - Mid Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
5 speed Getrag and Ecotec for sale!
Tuesday, August 09, 2005 10:24 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7992431742

Re: 5 speed Getrag and Ecotec for sale!
Wednesday, August 10, 2005 7:40 AM
Both are 100% new from GM. They have been stored in a warehouse the entire time. Protected by shrinkwrap.

I gotta say it... that motor doesn't look nearly brand new!! I can't imagine that there'd be that much rust and dirt on a motor that is supposedly wrapped in plastic in a warehouse. And $2000 minimum bid?? I know guys on here that have Eco hook-ups for about $700 or so, dunno about the Getrag though. Good luck w/ the sale

Wednesday, August 10, 2005 8:09 AM
Roughed In wrote:Both are 100% new from GM. They have been stored in a warehouse the entire time. Protected by shrinkwrap.

I gotta say it... that motor doesn't look nearly brand new!! I can't imagine that there'd be that much rust and dirt on a motor that is supposedly wrapped in plastic in a warehouse. And $2000 minimum bid?? I know guys on here that have Eco hook-ups for about $700 or so, dunno about the Getrag though. Good luck w/ the sale

AGREED

Thursday, August 11, 2005 6:06 PM
They are new. I could pull the intake off. There is no carbon in the combustion chamber.

Yes, the outside cover has oxided because the warehouse is not climate controlled and close to the great lakes.

The motor has never been used though. Explain the starter and compressor.

Did you see that every pulley on it was brand new with no paint missing? Oh wow that heat sheild was in perfect condition.

You guys need to learn a thing or two about cars!

Come back with a quote of a similar set of from GM. This is a good deal.

You guys are so full of @!#$.

Thursday, August 11, 2005 8:03 PM
Davide wrote:They are new. I could pull the intake off. There is no carbon in the combustion chamber.

Yes, the outside cover has oxided because the warehouse is not climate controlled and close to the great lakes.

The motor has never been used though. Explain the starter and compressor.

Did you see that every pulley on it was brand new with no paint missing? Oh wow that heat sheild was in perfect condition.

You guys need to learn a thing or two about cars!

Come back with a quote of a similar set of from GM. This is a good deal.

You are so wrong, and no need to say people are full of crap. It doesnt matter how nice of a motor it is. Its only worth what someone will pay. I have a friend with 2 of what you have. And in better condition. They are not worth what you are asking, trust me you will never get rid of them for that price. He usually shovels through a motor a week and he has had the eco's for atleast a month and a half. Hes sold ls1's, and ls6's like nothing but cant get rid of the eco's till he dropped the price and now they are moving fast too.

Thursday, August 11, 2005 9:39 PM
That is bull. LS1's sell for a couple thousand even used. Check LS1tech.com. Hell, I actually own a F body. Oh wait, two but one technically isn't rolling. The K member is on the ground.

How can his be in better condition? Mine is new. 0 miles. Never been installed.

I am selling with business experience. I am not some kid just out there. I am not some backyard con.

What have I done that is full of crap? I have never screwed anyone.

What is your reputation and who will vouch for your efforts on the other hand?

This is why I hate the ORG. People don't want to spend money here. Try to sell a torque converter for 200 and people bitch at the price.

Go to corvette forums.... people are happy to pay 999 for a high stall converter.

Friday, August 12, 2005 5:04 AM
Davide wrote:

I didnt say you screwed anyone, you just said everyone is full of crap.

The ones i can get ahold of are mint. They are the cobalt eco's. No oxidation, no fluids in it, no carbon whatsoever, MINT. Like i said he sold the LS1's for thousands because 4 more cylinders. And something is only worth what someone will pay for it. BEcause im this guys friend, he would sell me the whole setp minus everything extra needed for the swap for $700 with a 30 day warranty. So then you have to figure into it that what it will cost to swap it in if they are running a non-ecotec. As for my rep, do you need pictures of all the motors? Let me know, or maybe a list of all the motors available, need a powerstroke diesel? can get it in 2 days.

Friday, August 12, 2005 11:39 AM
Well, I see that you finally put more pics up on the auction. The original pic isn't exactly enough, so how am I supposed to see pulleys/belts when they were hardly visible? And like Vincent is saying, you can only get as much for it as people are willing to pay.

The guy on here I would buy from gets used Eco's, but I'd get the motor for around $700 which would leave me that much more money to spend on building it up real nice. Brand new engine wouldn't do me a damn bit of good b/c I'd be doing bore job and polishing, etc. Than turbo on top of that.

Saturday, August 13, 2005 10:12 AM
I would like to see if you have anything I could use.

If it isn't much trouble to get a parts list send it my way.

If you want just the motor I can get you that.

I just don't see the point of getting used stuff from a yard because the life span isn't worth the small amount you will save.

You would rather have a take out engine for 700 than me selling you a completely new one never installed for 1000.00? Besides that he is only going to sell it to you. No one else. So, how many other ppl can get a deal on it?

My price is fair.

Saturday, August 13, 2005 9:51 PM
Honestly, yea. Because I would be re-building/modding it anyway. So after the re-build using aftermarket parts to up the HP/TQ it'd be just as new as the one you're selling, only much more power.

Monday, August 15, 2005 8:28 AM
LKQ..... they sell engines for dirt cheap. Granted they are used but in damn nice shape. I just bought a 2200 for $225.00 with only 11k on it, thats just barely broken in. They have an awsome rep, and a 30 day warranty on them.

They sell Ecos with 7K on them for $550.00.

I am not saying anything negative about what you are selling. I am simply informing you of what others are asking.

Sunday, August 21, 2005 10:14 PM
KEN 2.2 wrote:I am not saying anything negative about what you are selling. I am simply informing you of what others are asking.

You are 1 in a million.
Monday, August 22, 2005 8:42 AM
Not to step on your toes Davide, but I didn't feel this warranted a new thread. If anybody's interested, here is a wrecked '03 Cavy with an Eco with 35k miles in Monroe, WI. It looks like it is going to go cheap.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4569899260&sspagename=ADME%3AL%3ARTQ%3AUS%3A1

Rob

Sold 2/2/05
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search