Local Carshow 8/28/05 - Mid Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Local Carshow 8/28/05
Wednesday, August 10, 2005 6:37 PM
Hey guys thought I would post that there is a local show that I will be showing a 2002 35th Anniversary Camaro SS. I would just like to invite everyone to the show. It is in Amboy, IL On August 28th, 2005. Usually there are around 300 cars total and the 50/50 is a HUGE deal, if you dont think so look at the flyer, the last prize for last year was 10K. That is what they walked away with in pocket. No joke at all. There is all day events such as live music, vendors for various crafts and what not, a carnival, food, and of course cars. Well i posted the flyer here too. One of the best things is, this is a judged show. Real judges, not participant. So if your interested, hit me a reply and we will go from there. And last year there was a lil burnout show allowed by the cops. Click thumbs to read

Re: Local Carshow 8/28/05
Wednesday, August 10, 2005 6:44 PM
Id be there if I could I went 2 years ago and it was a decent show very big ..

Wednesday, August 10, 2005 6:45 PM
i was there too and if i would have known you i would have said hi. Were you showing your car you have now?

Thursday, August 11, 2005 9:44 AM
Yeh but it was basically stock when I showed it there. Just lowered, rims, and gmci banner lol

Thursday, August 11, 2005 10:23 AM
id go if there was a class that a modified J could enter and have any chance in. the only possible classes are like 1978+ classes. Not worth the day to go and get nothing from it...plus thats the day before my birthday so I'll probably be drinking

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Thursday, August 11, 2005 11:29 AM
Im taking the camaro and entered class z, street machines 78+ and i dont care if i win. its a daily driven car, i just enjoy showing the car. i could have went original, restored, but they judge on cleanest vehicle, i could have went convertible but didnt feel like it since you have to have the top up for that, so im just showing to show. and like i said its not like most shows. they look at the quality of work, not if its rice or muscle. there was a beretta that took an award along with i think it was a civic. so its not a total loss. but hey congrats on the bday and enjoy it.

Thursday, August 11, 2005 12:22 PM
Special interest ... thats the class you always go into in these kinda shows... with a sport compact

Thursday, August 11, 2005 1:12 PM
Ken96Z wrote:Special interest ... thats the class you always go into in these kinda shows... with a sport compact

Thatd be sweet to see your car there. I love it. But oh well if you cant make it. Its just a show. Im def buying 50/50 again this year. Im picking the car up on Saturday to start the cleaning process. Then head in early to set up for the show. then after the show the cops let us do a smoke show. Looking forward to that, the car can hold its spot VERY well. Not that i found it out when i drove it before. Oh and as some people are wondering, im giving all the credit for the car to the lady who owns it. It was purchased in memory of her son who died of cancer a week after graduation in high school. So they are very VERY selective on who drives it.

Thursday, August 11, 2005 2:17 PM
Quote:

Special interest ... thats the class you always go into in these kinda shows... with a sport compact

Thats the classes i use to enter and for the most part they were pretty decent. The only draw back though was this...

1. Special interest included everything that didn't have a catagory....so one time i had to go up against a pocket bike (no joke)....my J-body won but it wasn't like i could brag over that.

2. There are only 1 or 2 other cars in special interest

Plus the last few month i had my cav i really stayed away from those shows because no matter how much effort they put trying to get sport compacts to show....They always seem to give so much more recognition to the muscle cars.

Like one show in preticular (UPS show in hogkins Illinois) they didn't even judge the sport compacts....Like we paid, were classed, but were never judged.....the only cars that got trophies were like 1970s and earlier...

So that was a huge discouragment.....so i,m going to have to go with Hypsy on this one also.

But maybe this shows different i dunno.......good luck in the show anywayz...how you walk out something vincent
Thursday, August 11, 2005 4:11 PM
This show is different. THey judge all classes. and they are REAL JUDGES. like i said they go by paint, interrior, engine, just everything about a car. They are not opinionated because like a said, a few sport compacts have already won awards. And i think its more the public that thinks of the cars as ricers, and not to make it sound bad but the kids and teenagers really like to see your types of cars out there. (not to shame your cars but they still like the fast and furious cars.)

And like i said, i could care less if i walk out with an award. it is very hard to get awards and this thing has its nicks and scrathces cuz its a daily driver. so i could care less for an award. ive gone for a while and usually they start with cars angled down the road on each side down 3 streets and a huge parking lot, then they end up puttng them in the middle of the street end to end down all 3 streets and in the large lot.

Sorry to hear you guys dont wanna go. No biggie, but enjoy your week.

Thursday, August 11, 2005 8:04 PM
and here is what im putting under the hood in a frame

Thursday, August 18, 2005 5:00 PM
IT seems that thinkgs always take longer when awesome things are gonna happen.

Sunday, August 28, 2005 5:03 AM
Today is the day, leaving the house now. Supposed to be nice.

Sunday, August 28, 2005 2:13 PM
How was it ?

Sunday, August 28, 2005 6:42 PM
Went good, i didnt win, 14 cars in my class, didnt get anything. My dad got 2nd in his class with a chopper that was custom built. BEAUTIFUL WEATHER. Smoked the tires for atleas 30 seconds afterwards. My brother 10 Grand in the 50/50 I almost crapped my pants.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search