Places in KC for replacement tranny - Mid Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Places in KC for replacement tranny
Monday, August 29, 2005 10:07 AM
Curious if anyone has any suggestions on where to pick up a tranny (Isuzu) for my 99 Z in the KC area. Not sure which yards in the area are worth checking with and which ones should be avoided.

Re: Places in KC for replacement tranny
Monday, August 29, 2005 12:26 PM
Hmmmm to be completely honest, I'd stay away from junkyard transmissions. Junkyard cars are of course, wrecked in most cases. Who knows what could have happened. My personal opinion would to be to buy a reman tranny. But it's up to you. Just stay away from U-Wrench-It. That place blows. You might also try www.car-part.com. You can search around Kansas City from that site.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Monday, August 29, 2005 7:17 PM
Reman costs more than I want to spend truthfully. This car will now become nothing more than the beater. I will be buying a new car sometime this week. As for car-part.com, it didn't show too much for the KC area last time I checked. I will keep an eye on the site to see if that changes.

Monday, August 29, 2005 10:42 PM
AH ok. Well in that case, I suppose junkyard searching would be your best bet. I don't typically spend a lot of time around junkyards, but I know that one place up off HWY 210 had quite a few 3rd gen J's last time I was up there. I'm looking for a white 95-99 passenger side fender if you happen to see one in your quest also.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Tuesday, August 30, 2005 5:11 PM
hey spotabee if your talking about liberty bend off old 210 hwy then you might want to go back up there i was just there yesterday and they have 2 passenger side fenders that are white...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search