experimenting with nitrous tonight - Mid Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
experimenting with nitrous tonight
Friday, September 09, 2005 1:53 PM
Just thought I'd let you guys know that I'm taking the car out racing tonight... on the bottle. We'll see how well it likes a 35 shot to start out. Hopefully I'll still be able to make it to the meet tomorrow night. If I show up in another car, we'll all know why.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.

Re: experimenting with nitrous tonight
Friday, September 09, 2005 2:09 PM
Let me know how it works. I haven't used mine yet.
Friday, September 09, 2005 2:21 PM
I dunno how the 95-99 Cav's are, but Darkstars had a 35 on his 2.2 Eco and it was pretty sweet feelin' the kick lol. Good luck tonite

Friday, September 09, 2005 3:51 PM
I'd be pretty carefull there Abe, especially if you're running a dry shot on there, because I'm guessing you're still have your orginal injectors in there along with the orginal fuel pump and regulator, and with some your current mods you already started to tax your stock fuel system.... Good luck though!!

Later
Skinny J

Tara, I will love and miss you forever, you will never be forgotten
http://tara-nagel.memory-of.com/

Friday, September 09, 2005 4:03 PM
HAVE FUN!!!!!

Friday, September 09, 2005 5:04 PM
spray 75 all day long!!!!! ive had no problims but i have eco i dunno ho w much u can spray

Friday, September 09, 2005 5:55 PM
well the ol LN2 is no eco and he's right i do have a 160k mile bottom end and fuel system, 50k on my current head. we'll see what happens. the kit is on and bottle is filled. i'm goin racin! oh and if i get pulled over, i'm blaming it on Skinny J.

Friday, September 09, 2005 8:59 PM
well if i knew where you was going to be at i would show up tonight just to help ya if you got into trouble.

Saturday, September 10, 2005 12:07 AM
well... somehow the OHV never fails me. it actually kinda liked it. and i loved the button. but no more nitrous on this motor. it was just a test. i'll probably stick a small shot on the new motor after it's done being built to help spool up the turbo in those times of need. and bornpro, come out racing with us tomorrow night after the meet, we'll show ya a good time.

Saturday, September 10, 2005 12:37 AM
Spotabee Racing wrote:well... somehow the OHV never fails me. it actually kinda liked it. and i loved the button. but no more nitrous on this motor. it was just a test. i'll probably stick a small shot on the new motor after it's done being built to help spool up the turbo in those times of need. and bornpro, come out racing with us tomorrow night after the meet, we'll show ya a good time.

Watch tomorrow your car stalls and dies...LOL j/k

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Saturday, September 10, 2005 12:39 AM
it'll be ok... *knocking on wood*

Saturday, September 10, 2005 1:11 AM
one word of caution if your stick Watch out for you clutch!!!! I just blew my clutch out tonight right now and im stranded at my g/f dorm 120 miles away from home lol

Saturday, September 10, 2005 1:58 AM
Fatalic CAVI wrote:one word of caution if your stick Watch out for you clutch!!!! I just blew my clutch out tonight right now and im stranded at my g/f dorm 120 miles away from home lol
and im stranded with him its hot in hurr

Saturday, September 10, 2005 8:58 AM
^lol no @!#$i how did you do it? I want details!!! I hope i dont fall to the same fate tonight when we go to NIU after work today.

Saturday, September 10, 2005 9:05 AM
Fatalic CAVI wrote:one word of caution if your stick Watch out for you clutch!!!! I just blew my clutch out tonight right now and im stranded at my g/f dorm 120 miles away from home lol

i have an automatic. but be lucky you have a g/f to be stranded with.

Saturday, September 10, 2005 9:53 AM
Honstly if u got a dry kit don't lean out up top with your mods
too much air not enough fuel thats why I went wet
Saturday, September 10, 2005 10:42 AM
35 shot blows balls!! when I put my kit in I started with a 35 shot to make sure everythign worked, that didn' last real long cause the power gain was very small. 50 shot for a while, that was a decent increase that wasn't bad, 75 shot was like WOW that pulls hard and the 100 shot was like HOLY @!#$!! when it stoped spinning and caught traction it felt liek he front was gonna rip apart and take off from the rest of the car. Obviously that was with alot of other mods to but regardless the 100 shot thats a kick in the ass... thats like tossing in a second engine from an Aveo every time you floor it

but good luck don't blow anything up and spray in first

Saturday, September 10, 2005 11:13 AM
alright well im still somewhat stranded but i got a better look at it now that its not 3am its not the clutch it's the clutch pipe. The clutch resivour has that 8" or so flex tubing that goes into the master cylinder that has a plastic elbow that feeds the clutch line or pipe what ever you want to call it right next to the clutch pipe is that "box of wires and control module" and I got a small hole in the line that is releasing the pressure which is giving me a dead clutch pedal,.....

WARNING TO OTHERS. depending on your year gm used to have a braket that held that line in place. They changed it after people were complaining about a noise that was comming from the vibration of that braket. So gm put a new line in that has extra padding there but it lays against that "box of wires," The reason I got a hole is because of my motor mounts the motor no longer moves which would take out the slack in the clutch pipe, that would allow the pipe not to rube. In this case the motor doesnt move which means it sits there brushing up against the box and leads to a hole in the line.

SO make sure you are not in the same boat as me and if your @!#$ touches throw on some extra padding or make a braket. lucky for me ill patch it make it home replace it and get a reimbursment from gm's factory waranty

Saturday, September 10, 2005 12:44 PM
Darkstars... it wasn't no wet kit, it was a dry kit lol. I wasn't about to go ANY higher on a dry kit without fuel mods.

Saturday, September 10, 2005 6:50 PM
Hell I ran 100 shot dry on my 2200 twice. but usally 50 shot around town.

Sunday, September 11, 2005 7:21 AM
^^^ and blew it up doing it

Sunday, September 11, 2005 8:03 AM
haha. oh well. if i did decide to build a nitrous motor one day, it definitely wouldn't be for a j-body.

Sunday, September 11, 2005 7:47 PM
so howd it go at the track dickhead.... I'm waiting for detials

and why not a cavi! name 1 better platform for nitorus fed drag racing cavis suck

Sunday, September 11, 2005 8:18 PM
^^^BUMP^^^

NightmareSS - 2005 Chevy Cobalt SS/SC STG 2
Sunday, September 11, 2005 8:49 PM
?

My car was made with wrenches, Not chopsticks.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search