Is the Jetta dead? Place your bets!! - Mid Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Is the Jetta dead? Place your bets!!
Wednesday, November 23, 2005 9:20 PM
Driving home form work today out of nowhere noticed this nice clunk sound, like a loud rod knock, I'm like @!#$ I killed it... but then I noticed it only does it sometimes... sititng in nuetral reving the engine no noise, turning either dirrection no noise, breaking no noise, it makes constant noise on acceleration and no other time....

Gonna check it out on friday/saturday at work... is the jetta on its last leg or will it pull through with minor repairs?

Place your bets...
Will it survive: yes/no.
If yes guess at price to repair (keep in mind all labor is free)

Re: Is the Jetta dead? Place your bets!!
Wednesday, November 23, 2005 9:50 PM
Still alive - cost of a motor mount?

||Click to visit my Cardomain page|Omaha Racing|Nebraska Region SCCA||
No and you will spend about 300 and then is will stop runnign before winter is over.

keep us updated

It will survive. Does it sound like its coming from the motor? not much of a vw guy but timing chain if it has one? And dont know if oyu got my messages but my brakes were delayed till friday. ill get ya some pics. plus my comp crashed and im running linux from a cd so i dont have messengers. But the jetta lives on. if not parts are what .50. goodluck ryan

Wednesday, November 23, 2005 10:01 PM
i think you will keep it alive maybe $200 bucks

hugs and hand pounds, peace
Wednesday, November 23, 2005 10:03 PM
piston slap

Wednesday, November 23, 2005 10:11 PM
minor repair. cost to repair it: two, no wait, THREE BREAKFAST BURRITOS! lol.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Wednesday, November 23, 2005 10:15 PM
lol brandon, and the jetta will live on, id say 300 bucks tops
Wednesday, November 23, 2005 10:16 PM
125.99 for parts.

Thursday, November 24, 2005 10:41 AM
well i dont want to put this out here but my cavy was doing that same @!#$ and it ended up being my bearing's.

Thursday, November 24, 2005 7:30 PM
I used to have a guy I worked with that everytime his Jetta died he would just go out and by another used one, always the late 80's early 90's. He always kept the dead one and after a year or 2 he had a few of them and just used the old ones to keep his current driver running. Unless you have a new Jetta these things are cheap to pic up parts for in a junk yard so is it fixable?? Of course. might just require an engine swap. But hell the engines on the older ones are only like 200 bucks at a junk yard. Granted this was in Detroit so parts might be more expensive out here but still it should be pretty cheap.

Thursday, November 24, 2005 9:08 PM
^^^ I'm a VW tech geting parts isn't a problem

Thursday, November 24, 2005 11:52 PM
BoltZ22 wrote:minor repair. cost to repair it: two, no wait, THREE BREAKFAST BURRITOS! lol.

A*Hole!!! I was gonna make a breakfast joke!!

I'll still make it tho...

Anyway, I'm gonna say it'll cost ya either two Crossanwichs from BK, or about $30 bearing?? Er, you get wholesale pricing, so make that about $15-$20

(And yes, I know two Crossant's does not equal $30 bearing, lol)

Friday, November 25, 2005 10:34 AM
to those that said bearing there is no way it could be a bearing... a bearing would be speed dependant all the time, not just accelerating, plus it would change tone or stop making noise depending on which way you turn...

I had a chance to check it out....

survey says......

drivers side swaybar link bushing is all ovaled out and the sway bar hit the metal... cost to fix.... $0 (all it is is noise so gives a @!#$)

Friday, November 25, 2005 11:24 AM
LOL GGeezzzz Ryan .. you have to be soooooo melodramatic individual huh huh huh !!!

But atleast you know what's wrong wit it ..

Visit Team JDF Website - Team JDF Promoter

Friday, November 25, 2005 12:14 PM
TooHypE wrote:
But atleast you know what's wrong wit it ..

And it didn't cost him a breakfast burrito or sandwich

Friday, November 25, 2005 4:16 PM
damnit I was going to say ball joint or bushing, my van is doing the same thing lol, by any chance do you feel some vibs when brakeing?

Friday, November 25, 2005 7:40 PM
no vibs... wel lI don't think so anyway... the idle is rough so it vibrates all the time hahahah

Monday, November 28, 2005 10:12 AM
Fatalic CAVI wrote:damnit I was going to say ball joint or bushing, my van is doing the same thing lol, by any chance do you feel some vibs when brakeing?

Speaking of ball joints... Ryan, do you happen to know where I should take the upper control arms from my truck to get new ball joints pressed in? I'd rather not pay like $200 to have a shop take off part of the front end and do it - I can easily take off the front wheels and upper control arms myself and bring the arms to a shop. I need to call the shop that's a couple blocks from me and see if they can do it, otherwise I dunno where to go...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search