Omaha and surrounding area's... (clean) - Page 15 - Mid Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Omaha and surrounding area's... (clean)
Monday, December 31, 2007 4:42 PM
I have class thursday from 5:20 to 7:20. lol

No drunk posting from me... I am at work until 11:30! Working on New Year's Eve rocks... free food, no customers... free money! I posted up all my school books that I don't need anymore and so far 3 have sold and I added $200.40 to my wallet

Monday, December 31, 2007 7:40 PM
Steve W wrote:They waited until the old house was payed off... appraised at 283k because of the pool and finished basement (They bought it without the finished basement). Dad thought the market was @!#$ty so they put the house on the market about 6 months in advance of the new house being finished.... *Murphy stepped in* House sold in 3 days.

They have enjoyed apartment living in Autumn Grove off 156th and Q for the last 5.5 months
LOL....we had about the samething happen to us. Our house sold in about 3 weeks and we had to move to an apartment(Grand Legacy- 180th and Center) for 2 1/2 months.

Hey Tommy Boy!

Happy New Years guys! Stuck at work myself...ugh!

Tuesday, January 01, 2008 8:12 AM
Holy cold chills! -10 Wind Chill outside... Was gunna vacuum out my balt, but I guess that can wait for another day .

Happy New Year/Month. Work was fine, got off in time to have a glass of bubbely with the fiance and went to bed at like 12:15.

Wednesday, January 02, 2008 6:48 AM
I swear to god I would move to Florida except the wife gets all pissed off when I mention it cause she would miss her family.

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Wednesday, January 02, 2008 6:50 AM
yeah wuck finter.

Thursday, January 03, 2008 3:52 PM
hey yall im new to the omaha area but not new to the jbo.... just a few questions any of yall autocross up here? how about rallycross? well just thought id drop in and say wsup.... oh and i work up at the new firestone in arbor plaza so if any of yall need some work done to your car go there
Thursday, January 03, 2008 3:57 PM
cool, another omahamamamian!

autoXing... i believe tommy is into it bigtime, so you might want contact him about that. as far as the track for it, yep, theres one called Mid-America Motorplex (MAM) real close to Omaha.

Thursday, January 03, 2008 4:12 PM
yeah i seen that on the site they are having a race there on the weekend of the 26th in april but the autox starts in march at iowa western cc so im thinkin of hittin that up if i can get a set of rear tires in time my drivers rear has splitting going on so yeah it sucks.... oh well hopefully soon enough i can pull it and get some tires i love working for a tire company discounts rock =o)
Thursday, January 03, 2008 4:15 PM
oh and whos tommy?
Thursday, January 03, 2008 4:32 PM
how much for a set of BFG g-force kdw-2 225/40/ZR18's?

tommy is 'tommy boy' on here, drives a black 03-05 lss. real nice guy.

Thursday, January 03, 2008 4:52 PM
we only sell bridgestone, firestone, and fuzion tires... oh and primewell which is just a derivative of bridgestone all in all they are the same tires just different tread patterns and such..... but really some of the better performance bridgestone potenza's perform better than bfg's or pirelli's so ya could always look up the tread rating and such on discounts website or you could go to firestone.com and look at the tires there... i dunno if bridgestone has a different site prolly though....

Thursday, January 03, 2008 5:15 PM
brad dont get those tires. EXTREMELY SOFT, mine only lasted 1 summer.

Thursday, January 03, 2008 6:16 PM
Vincent Morris wrote:brad dont get those tires. EXTREMELY SOFT, mine only lasted 1 summer.

That's pretty much the going rate for ANY tire I've tried on my car...1 summer

edit
*Most of you know how I drive tho *

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, January 03, 2008 6:18 PM

---------------------------------------------------
4 Cams...32 Valves...5 Liters...This Could Get Fun!

Thursday, January 03, 2008 6:53 PM
i did one auto x with mine and that was about it. other than that im pretty easy on my tires, i do some burnouts but i usually take it pretty easy thats for sure.

also let me know what you thnk of the new sig

Thursday, January 03, 2008 7:38 PM
Hell Fire (Ed Young) wrote:oh and i work up at the new firestone in arbor plaza so if any of yall need some work done to your car go there

I have a lowered eagle talon.. 3 degrees of lowered camber in the rear.. what/how would you do to fix it?

Brad, Depends on what you want in a tire, if you want it to last long I'd look for a tire like a nankang (or something with a high treadwear) if you want a sticky tire then the KDW's will suit you well.

Vince, the sig is hott! I've given you lots of @!#$ but your J is going to be sick nasty next year

------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, January 03, 2008 7:48 PM
Skunk - REBORN 4/08 wrote:

edit
*Most of you know how I drive tho *

Like Brandon, with a broke broke cavy?

Brutus needs to show up here and introduce himself. He's the midwest regional director of auto-x or some big name like that. Bigtime into it. So much that he left a dent on the passenger side of his car so it would have more drag in right hand turns

I'm Steve... pretty much useless like Paul, you'll meet him later I guess. I use to own a cavy, but was dumb and tried to upgrade to a cobalt. More like a downgrade.

You want projector headlights, I can make them though .

Thursday, January 03, 2008 7:52 PM
OH, and for those that haven't seen my pile of a chevy

Windows are getting tinted here soon.

Thursday, January 03, 2008 8:09 PM
i plan to run probably some falken azenis this season to see how they hold up.

and brandon ive taken a lot of $hit but i flush it down the toilet so no big deal. i actually found out today it seems im an arrogant person since i got my car re done and am talking about boost. everyone knows how my car got the way it was. but someone told me i became arrogant and that my car has got a lot of positive attention and a lot of people are noticing. i know i got damn lucky getting my car done all through insurance no doubt about it. but i also appreciate all the comments i get because i finally have a car to be proud of. im by no means a body man at all and never want to touch body work. also it was brought up in another post that i am waiting for someone to come along and install a turbo on my car. not true. the meet and install may not even work so i might do it myself. never done one ever, and since mine is pieced together there is no install manual for it. ive read a TON on what does what and what goes where. but i know it will go faster with someone elses help.

sorry if i seem like im ranting but i am because i dont try to come off like im arrogant i appreciate my car to no end! its just nice to have something to be proud of finally

and thanks again every

Thursday, January 03, 2008 10:01 PM
ok as for the rear camber issue im not a mechanic im just a gs right now basically lubes and tubes but i know a good amount about those haha theres a guy at the 130th and w center firestone that owns a 93 talon he would probably be better to talk to about it... or ill ask one of the techs tomorrow if they can check out how to adjust it but im thinking maybe a camber kit would need to be installed.... and steve how much you charge to do projectors? i got an 05 sunfire... i like it even if it is an auto..... hopefully i can trace all the parts for a manual swap soon enough.... anyways i love autox ive done one before and did fairly good so yeah.... went kinda crazy and bought a simpson racing helmet cuz i fell in love.... anyways dude vincent turbos arent super hard to understand but from all that ive read just make sure to keep your oil lines mid to a lil lower on the taps that way you dont go dry through corners or what not... anyways hopefully i can be on my way to being a regular tech soon i am so glad i fell into this job... oh and wheres the local drag track here? wouldnt mind seeing what i could pull.... alrighty guys i guess ill give the life story later hahaha.... or at a meet if there is one....
Friday, January 04, 2008 4:52 AM
Lol, It would need eccentric bolts with a bigger lobe installed in the rear control arms (if anyone makes them).. I knew that I just wanted to see how much you knew. I worked in the tire/alignment buisness for 2 years.

technician>mechanic

And I dont think the main reason vince is boosting is for the twisties

------------------------------------------------------------

Friday, January 04, 2008 7:37 AM
vince, love the sig . and i know bout the kdw's being soft and what not, i have a buddy that had an srt-4 (they came on them stock) and he complained about them left and right, but the fact is he daily drove the car for 2 years on those tires and they looked to have decent tread left even when he sold it.

you guys know me, my car sees 5000 miles a summer if its lucky, so the treadwear shouldn't be an issue. i also have ALWAYS wanted these tires for as long as i can remember, i love the way they look... and well, they're a performance tire so how can you go wrong? unfortunatly when i bought my rims 2 years ago everywhere i checked was claimed the kdw's were no longer produced so i went with a similar design in the dunlop fm901's instead. now come to find out they really are still available, just now called the KDW2. I dont know what they changed, if anything... they look exactly the same to me

Friday, January 04, 2008 8:54 AM
Steve W
I wanted a cobalt SS for a while myself. I eventually decided I liked the look of he cavy better and figured since It would be cheaper to just make mine into what I wanted, that mainly being supercharged. That is what I did and I have not regretted not getting a cobalt even once. However I have a giant debate raging in my mind about if I should have gone all out with the cavy or bought a GTO.

Vincent Morris
I like the new sig. You never came off arrogant to me. I completly understand being proud of your car. This is the nicest car I have ever had as well so I know how nice it is to have a car you are truly proud of.

Brad
I always liked the look of the KDW's There is night and day difference in how they launch when you drop the tire pressure to 25psi and warm them up.

I don't know what I am going to do for tires yet. I do know I am going with 235-40-17 just not sure what brand. Not alot of tire company's make tires in that size. So far I have found a set of perelli p7000 supersport tires for 100 a peice and some dunlops for 155 a peice. I think both are all season and the tread pattern does not look like anything special so I dunno yet.

Friday, January 04, 2008 9:24 AM
continentals ftw

Friday, January 04, 2008 9:40 AM
z yaaaa wrote:continentals ftw
NOT

I have been searching on tirerack.com and so it is bewtween the BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDW 2 and the Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1. It is obvious the KDW 2 looks better and I know what to expect from those.

Brad click this link and read up.
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=g-Force+T%2FA+KDW+2&vehicleSearch=false&partnum=34YR7GFTAKDW2XL&fromCompare1=yes&place=9

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, January 04, 2008 9:41 AM

Friday, January 04, 2008 3:24 PM
Hell Fire you need spaces and periods man your posts are hard to read.

On that note damn you guys have been posting a lot! Good to see though.

Steve I am the Nebraska Region SCCA Activities Director, but close enough. I am not that great at autocross but I have a lot of fun doing it though.

Our preliminary 2008 schedule is in the online version of the January newsletter on the clubs website http://www.nrscca.com. We do rallyx, solo (autocross) and club racing events.

Vincent I don't know you man but people will hate when you have good things going for you that is just the way jealousy works, its hard but try not to let it get to you. Even so you have to try not get a big head about it either, becuase thats when you will get knocked down the hardest.

Oh that was Brutus, my bad guy alter ego.

lol

Ok I am going home from work now.

Later all.

||Click to visit my Cardomain page|Nebraska Region SCCA||
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search