Omaha and surrounding area's... (clean) - Page 16 - Mid Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Omaha and surrounding area's... (clean)
Friday, January 04, 2008 3:54 PM
hey tom. yeah sorry bout the grammer. Just when im in a hurry to type and gotta go to work and stuff i kinda ramble it all together.... Anyways i was readin on the site about the schedule. I would kinda like to try the rally cross and the club racing, but do I have to be a registered member and licensed to do the club? Or what restrictions are there on that... i couldn't get the rule book for club racing to pop up on my computer so.. I am definately anticipating the march 30th date for autoX.... priced up some of the bridgestone potenza re-01r tires that have a good tread wear rating compared to a few others so im hoping those are good.... and then eventually ill save my money and get some motegi traklite's for the weight reduction and keeping it in stock class, well hopefully anyways. And whats with the tbd for the rallyx? sorry for all the questions just kinda antsy to get back into the racing i love the rush =o)....

Friday, January 04, 2008 4:14 PM
ROFL, I had an angry customer bring in his jeep grand cherokee after having it at Firestone for 3DAYS!.. The problem was the lights wouldnt turn on.. the headlights and brake lamps worked but the parking/dash lights werent working. Firestone was going to charge this poor soul 389$ to fix the problem but didnt because they couldnt find anything after 2 days.. I added 12 volts through my relay and the dash lights came on and tripped the breaker on my power probe... hmm.. seems like a short... that would explain why there is no fuse...added a fuse and everything worked except for the taillights. popped a bulb out and it was really dim.. traced the short to one of the wires in the trailer lighting harness and waaa' lah... me and my buddy had done in an hour what firestone guys couldnt do in 3 days LOL

------------------------------------------------------------

Friday, January 04, 2008 4:41 PM
ok and that post signifies what? if your gonna bash your bashing the wrong guy because internet bashing is like popping ridelin.... only the special kids need it =o) anyways it all depends on the technician too... hell some of the guys that work there are retarded we had one guy blow a tranny because hes a @!#$ tard and talks on his cell phone more than a teenage drama queen...... but whats dumb is if they had it 3 days and it was brought back in 3 different days they give it back to the same technician that worked on it before... because its a comeback on him.. im sure you know what that is right?
Friday, January 04, 2008 7:04 PM
holy sh!t brandon... remember that red grand am that came to the meet? anyways he's a buddy of mine (brad) and his dash lights stopped working one day when we were messing with the stereo (we heard what sounded like a 'pop' in the dash). sounds exactly what happened to that jeep-the headlights and everything work just fine but no dash lights.

how much would it run for you to fix it for him?

we've checked every possible fuse we could see, even changed out all the relays IIRC in the fuse boxes and no to avail.

oddly enough i had the same issue with my 97z years ago so if you can fix his you can fix mine, right?

Friday, January 04, 2008 8:02 PM
yeah im not worried about running dry. the feed is going to come off the head. and i still plan to have fun auto xing. Im just worried about hitting some cones with the kit thats the only part that worries me. im excited to get it running.

and i dont take what i have for granted. im very appreciative of my car. i just wish it was spring and running. and hey everyone, keep an eye out for ARP head studs for sale. im looking for some to do them while i have the valve cover off the car.

Friday, January 04, 2008 10:47 PM
It would be hard to say Brad, the hardest thing about wiring is finding WHERE the problem exactly is...something like a pop behind the dash would be very time consuming.
Do the park lights on the GA still work?

Friday, January 04, 2008 10:48 PM
Hell Fire (Ed Young) wrote:we had one guy blow a tranny

Hey, there might be little kids ready.. relax.

Saturday, January 05, 2008 8:57 AM
cavmania wrote:
Hell Fire (Ed Young) wrote:we had one guy blow a tranny

Hey, there might be little kids reading.. relax.

BHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAH

god, your fu cked in the head brandon!!

parking lights still work dood

Saturday, January 05, 2008 9:10 AM
I know that you do have to be a member to participate in the club races. It is quite involved to get started you have to first attend a school put on by the club at MAM. I believe you have to have your car inspected and get a log book also. I admit though I am not the most knowledgeable person in that area of the clubs activites.

For rallyx and solo you can participate as a guest with no school required. The cost for events last year was $30 for guests and $20 for members.

That may be increased this year though by $5 due to a new requirement that every participant must be a member. This is mostly due to insurance and regional tax status resons. (To operate legally as a non-profit organization which most regions are, you must have a certian percentage of participants in pay for entry events be club members.) To avoid any further problems with this the national office has started a new temporary membership program for 2008. This will mean when you enter an event as a guest, you will become a member for 3 days when you pay your entry fee. The cost of this to the region is $5 to be paid to the national office.

The benifit is that you recieve a discount on full club membership if you join within a certian time period, I belive it is between 30-90 days, and a $15 discount twoards a full membership, which includes a subscription to Sports Car, the magazine of the SCCA.

So it may be decided to raise the entry cost by $5, possibly more to help offset the cost of this new program and increased insurance and site rental fees.

Again this has not been decided yet.

Also the TBA on the rallyx is due to the fact that to my knowledge no one has tried to get a site yet.

Don't worry, it is normal to look forward to the first autox of the year with great anticipation!

||Click to visit my Cardomain page|Nebraska Region SCCA||
Saturday, January 05, 2008 11:09 AM
just make sure your old enough, or you drove an hour and a half for nothing.

Saturday, January 05, 2008 2:03 PM
Wow just finally got my oil pan off and let me tell you what that is a PITA. Some of those bolts are just a mess to have to get to. Almost all of the pan one are easy to get to. but once you get to the ones to take the motor mount off they are a pain in the butt. no room and hella tight. lol. other than that i got it off and everything looks nice and clean under there. not that there is much to see but i still think it looks ok haha. next step is going to be tap it which i just may do that myself but just so come install time we all wont have to deal with that PITA. lol end rantish... haha

Saturday, January 05, 2008 2:42 PM
Good point Steve, again sorry about that!

If you are under age 19 you need to have a minor wavier form filled out and signed by your parents to attend an event!

||Click to visit my Cardomain page|Nebraska Region SCCA||
Saturday, January 05, 2008 3:05 PM
Tommy Boy ( Brutus ) wrote:
The benifit is that you recieve a discount on full club membership if you join within a certian time period, I belive it is between 30-90 days, and a $15 discount twoards a full membership, which includes a subscription to Sports Car, the magazine of the SCCA.

Could you clarify the difference between discount within a certain time period, and the 15 dollar discount towards a membership? I would really like to get one, so hopefully I can get one march 30th... Hopefully it don't rain.. Where I used to autox back in south carolina, it was always raining so events would get canceled quick and really random.... Also I looked on the MAM website and couldnt find a cost for the schools well except for motorcycles, didnt know if it would cost more for autos... And brandon I hope you know what i really meant by that haha.... anyways hey steve in a post a few days back you said you did projectors... how much you normally do them for?
Saturday, January 05, 2008 4:06 PM
Must've just been yours vince, mine was gravy the mount slid out easily and as soon as I got all the bolts out I hit it with a dead blow hammer and it pretty much fell off.

I had a comeback today, car was towed in on a flatbed.. we put a heater core in it 2 weeks ago.. said it wouldnt start.

Cranked real easy.. because the oil filter came unscrewed and let all the oil out.. seized the cam and broke the timing belt... Thank you jiffy lube!

Saturday, January 05, 2008 4:21 PM
@!#$ty dude we've had a few cars up at the shop that have busted engines it would be nice to be racking in those hours for those... but our shop is brand new so its really slow... hey just out of curiousity what company you work for?
Saturday, January 05, 2008 6:09 PM
That place is new? I thought it was always there.. I'm the driveability/ electrical diagnostician at BrakeMasters at the Saddle Creek Store.

The @!#$ we see would make anyone scared to drive thier car in north Omaha.

Lady has a broken brakeline that some retard tried to patch with a rubber line and hoseclamps..we told her she needed steel line and she says "Cant you just tighten the hose clamps" LOL.. or the guy today that siliconed his caliper pison back in because it popped out. Or the people that denied service on thier explorer that had metal on metal up front.. Not from the brake pad.. the pad wasnt even there the actual caliper was grinding on the rotor LOL

Saturday, January 05, 2008 6:40 PM
yeah its amazing how stupid some people are.... and are you talking about the hardline to the rear brakes or the flexible brake lines? that some funny stuff... and no the location up in arbor plaza on 180th and w center just opened up last month prolly a week prior.. i like working there cuz of the discounts on all the parts so yeah.... ill admit if i could be doing something else i would.... i had a job offer for aurstaff doing auto cad on firesprinkler systems..... oh well on that.... anyways im off for now... later ya'll
Saturday, January 05, 2008 7:48 PM
on a side note i did pick up a lc-1 wideband, and the xd-16 gauge and ARP head studs on the way now

Saturday, January 05, 2008 8:00 PM
awesomeness... how much did the arp's cost ya? im gonna build my eco up for reliability for now anyways =o) so im hoping i can find all the good strength supplies and then maybe bump compression up to 11:1 with a bored throttle body and ported intake manifold keep the stock intake box for now screw cold air intakes they are such gimmicks... at least for the eco....... so is there a drag strip around here even 1/8th mile it would at least be something to run...
Saturday, January 05, 2008 9:47 PM
i got em for $140 from allecotec.com its karo's new site. hell of a site too. believe me if you can find it cheaper, he will beat it. check out the site since you have an eco. tell him i sent you.

Saturday, January 05, 2008 11:39 PM
yeah ive checked that site out... whats the shipping like? is it pretty quick? hows the customer service?

Saturday, January 05, 2008 11:47 PM
Free shipping, he tried to get everything to go through him instead of drop shipping and him not even getting to check it out. believe me when you ask about customer service, he sets the bar. you wont be dissapointed. just let him know i sent you

Karo will beat any advertised price and take care of you as long as you take care of him too. i bought the wideband off him because i was going to buy and ebay one and he linked me to innovates website where it said if its not bought from an authorized dealer then i wont have warranty or anything. so he was looking out for me on that and i appreciated it and bought from him.

Sunday, January 06, 2008 7:27 AM
Hell Fire (Ed Young) wrote:
anyways hey steve in a post a few days back you said you did projectors... how much you normally do them for?

Let me price up some parts and I will get back to you.

Sunday, January 06, 2008 9:32 AM
ahhh gotcha well i went on the site last night and was looking at the stuff i have in mind.... and thanks steve i was gonna go with izn trbl but if your local and we could do it i think id rather go that route ya know... cheaper on the pockets to some extent hahahah... anyways is there any meets that yall plan on doing anytime???? i was reading the first couple pages and yall were discussing a meet last year so i didnt know if it ever happened haha....
Sunday, January 06, 2008 10:06 AM
How big of a difference is there between the 02 and 05 headlights, I think it's two different models, aren't they?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search