Omaha and surrounding area's... (clean) - Page 7 - Mid Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Omaha and surrounding area's... (clean)
Tuesday, November 13, 2007 6:45 PM
that sux get better

Thursday, November 15, 2007 3:36 PM
I think I have ecofever. I hacked up my stock airbox and pulled out the bong and then put an aftermarket filter and made a decent intake for like $20. The mid-range rpm power increased nut loads. You put your foot into it, and you actually feel the car moving now .

I still miss my cavy, should have kept it and dumped the 5 grand I have made in car payments on aftermarket crap.

Thursday, November 15, 2007 5:28 PM
refinance the loan and get one... 5k would buy a pretty decent z

Thursday, November 15, 2007 5:58 PM
Steve...I'll sell ya an eco vert for 5k

Thursday, November 15, 2007 10:12 PM
A nut load of power with a filter? That sounds intense!
Friday, November 16, 2007 12:40 PM
You joke, but you should see the resonator I pulled off the intake system. You think the one on the cavaliers is huge. 2 Chamber 1.25" piping ran behind the bumper and completely blocked off from air flow... I guess you would have understood with pictures.

It's not a ton of power (Depends on your nut size), but I definately felt a gain from it. Got to give me a break here, I can't do anything to the motor yet due to the lack of tuning. Can't even swap intake manifolds with the SS's.

Friday, November 16, 2007 12:48 PM
shouldakeptthecavy

------------------------------------------------------------

Friday, November 16, 2007 12:55 PM
Iknowishouldhave, butididn't.

mighttradebackforacheaperpaymentandablackLSSPORT

Friday, November 16, 2007 2:22 PM
didn't i tell ya that forever ago steve? couple years...bout 3

Friday, November 16, 2007 3:16 PM
probably paul. I'm mad because there is literally nothing I can do with the motor. I can do a header and exhuast for an extra 8hp. Wowwy.

I let my brother drive my car and he says the butt dyno reads more torque in low rpm, but overall still a slow chevy.

Friday, November 16, 2007 3:46 PM
lack of tuning?? huh? u cant swap the 'HO' 2.4 vvt manifold and gain hp why now??? brandon has HPT, buy the credits and tune away

Friday, November 16, 2007 4:37 PM
I drive a 2006 Cobalt LT. The use an E61 ECU and are not tunable as of yet. One company had cracked the code, but hasn't released anything about it yet. The 2007+ Cobalts went back to the E46s(?) whatever the cavalier ECU was in 2005.

I wish it was that easy.

Friday, November 16, 2007 4:38 PM
Oh, anyone have an extra Ecotec Valve Cover... Brandon??? Anybody? I wanna buy one to have it powdercoated mirror black chrome.

Friday, November 16, 2007 7:40 PM
wow, i did not know that. sorry.

Friday, November 16, 2007 8:15 PM
Gives me time to build up parts? huh huh, yea,,, long time. The company name is SCT, they have been work with hahn to push the turbo build, but hahn is sitting on the project due to the release of the LNF 08' turbo cobalt.

I had plans for the car since I am working 2 jobs and making good money, but once again gm lets me down. oh well, few more pennies and I will buy a piggy back and pray I don't get pulled over?

Saturday, November 17, 2007 6:01 AM
Steve W wrote:Oh, anyone have an extra Ecotec Valve Cover... Brandon??? Anybody? I wanna buy one to have it powdercoated mirror black chrome.

Might have one, but you were mean to me....lol, jk.

What's it worth to ya, I know I've got at least one extra.

---------------------------------------------------
4 Cams...32 Valves...5 Liters...This Could Get Fun!

Saturday, November 17, 2007 7:57 AM
What you want for it?... At this point I would rather buy one locally than off eBay. Thevy have one on ebay for $25 + shipping, but it's rather ruffed up.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-2-Chevy-Ecotec-Valve-Cover-NICE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33627QQihZ008QQitemZ180180885015QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW#ebayphotohosting

Hey brad, I did a lot of reading last night on the cobalt forums, and the 2.4L Intake Manifold bolts on the 2.2L. Obviously new gaskets and stuff for the install, but direct bolt up. The TB is too big and the MAF detects in air leak (my guess) because of too much air flow and throws the car in limp mode. However, the 2.2L TB bolts up on the 2.4L manifold for good gains in the high rpm range. The mid-range (3150 to 4250ish) loses some power, but the high end is suppose to be a much larger gain than the loss.

You think it would be worth it. I red line around 6400 i believe. I can basically do the cheap bolt on's, but as far as true power builders, i am kinda screwed unless i go n2o

Saturday, November 17, 2007 12:19 PM
shuddagotaSSorkepttheredballjointlosingZ

||Click to visit my Cardomain page|Nebraska Region SCCA||
Saturday, November 17, 2007 12:32 PM
I still laugh at that day that we had my car ripped apart at your parent's house tommy. We called tuffy's to push the bushing in, and they said they would get to it, then 2 hours later said they couldn't.

Saturday, November 17, 2007 1:22 PM
Thinking about that now I am actually glad you got rid of that car.

Every time I tried to help you with something on it things went catastrophically wrong.

Saturday, November 17, 2007 3:01 PM
Lol.. .just the control arm bushings. First time we didn't get the ring out all the way so it sliced the bushings to crap. The second time we had no real way to push the bushings in... if we would have used our heads we could have done it with a vise and a 2x4.

What else went bad?

I'm looking at suspension parts for the cobalt... Check this out tommy

http://cobaltss.net/forums/showthread.php?t=84623

TWIN LOWER SUBFRAME BAR, SWAY BAR END LINKS, REAR SUSPENSION BAR, TRACTION BARS... all sorts of great stuff!

I can get the FE5 Front sway bar for $25, but man I don't wanna hassle with droppen the subframe and ripping everything apart like we did on my cavalier...

lol, unless....

Saturday, November 17, 2007 3:35 PM
cavalier ball joints are gravy boat work.

------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, November 17, 2007 6:13 PM
I like the subframe bar design, wish there was one that sturdy for a J - too bad Solo rules do not allow them in DSP, not that a J is a super competetive car in DSP.

I should do the rear suspension bar on my car . . . I'm am back on a look pretty kick though and may . . . may actually get the car painted this winter . . . I know it would kill the rough and tumble look of the car and all but it you know all good things must come to an end.

Well and I am supposed to have my car in the NRSCCA booth at the World of Wheels this March if all goes well so I have to get it looking ½ way decent.

You know me Steve I am all for tearing into the suspension on cars that people still owe money on!

Speaking of that I only owe $741 more on my LS Sport ! ! !

Saturday, November 17, 2007 6:29 PM
lol I owe 8 grand...

The suspension parts, that's the only thing everyone was complaining about. It would put them into the SM class and then your facing 500 - 600 hp evo's and STI's. No chance in hell there.

I'm working at walmart over the winter season and I will have some play money for sure... so maybe in the spring I will have some parts for your assistance tommy

Saturday, November 17, 2007 8:19 PM
anyone got an air compressor/impact thats mobile? I can't get the 2 bolts out that hold my tank in for me to drop my tank. SUCKS!!!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search