Omaha and surrounding area's... (clean) - Page 12 - Mid Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Omaha and surrounding area's... (clean)
Friday, December 07, 2007 2:26 PM
Paul and I held hands and walked through the mall like 2 years ago. I think they should let it go now. Post the names of the victims who did it, say they are sorry to the families, and be done.

My brother got locked in an elevator. He works at JCPenny as Lost Prevention.

Sunday, December 09, 2007 8:33 AM
that sucks....be jammed in an elevator

glad he made it out ok though

Tuesday, December 11, 2007 4:59 AM
Took 38 minutes to get the ice of my fiance's and my car this morning! Yay, I hate apartment living!

Tuesday, December 11, 2007 5:04 AM
not an ounce of ice on my car right now

Tuesday, December 11, 2007 6:21 AM
DroptopPaul wrote:not an ounce of ice on my car right now

gee... i wonder why? hahahaha

Tuesday, December 11, 2007 7:12 AM
no clue...

anyone work at a tire shop to help me with some mounting/balancing?

Tuesday, December 11, 2007 11:51 AM
Hey everyone Paul needs help mounting!

sorry

Steve I usually start the car up, turn on the defrosters, then start scraping.

A good ice scraper helps though.

||Click to visit my Cardomain page|Nebraska Region SCCA||
Tuesday, December 11, 2007 2:20 PM
...so does a garage.

It took 38 minutes but both cars are like spotless. Looks like they got rained on, that about it.

Guy on Craigslist has (4) 195/60/R15 Blizzaks for sale for $195!! Thats the same size I run now. What you guys think it would cost to have them... hehehe, remounted?

Tuesday, December 11, 2007 6:03 PM
my g/fs cavalier takes FOREVER to warm up, you can park it for like 20 minutes and it still wont warm up, I think the Tstat is stuck open...

and for re-iteration... AWD+ Remote Start is the win.

Steve it will probably cost you around 40$ to get those tires mounted.

------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, December 11, 2007 6:19 PM
Steve W wrote:Took 38 minutes to get the ice of my fiance's and my car this morning! Yay, I hate apartment living!

One of the many reasons I hated apartment living. I was so happy that I bought a house with a garage. I have a 1 car attached and a 2 car detached. Only 1 car sits in the 2 car garage. I have three cars and the third my winter beater sits outside. So despite being excited last winter about not having to scrape ice or brush snow off my car that is exactly what I spent 25 minutes doing this morning and the F-ed up part is I have a garage but the other side is too full to fit a car in. So I have been outside cleaning it out. Just came in now to warm up.

Be looking for a for sale post here soon, maybe later tonight.

Remote start is awsome! I have it on the z24 but I know longer drive it in the winter.

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Tuesday, December 11, 2007 7:30 PM
I had remote start on my cavy. Asked for it for my cobalt for xmas, but nobody likes to buy me car parts for xmas... cept my dad and he won't.

I'm only 20 so buying a house is gunna be a few more years unless I wanna move a few miles east. I'm in WEST O.. Making a house payment for a 1 bedroom.

If I want a garage with opener that will barely fit my cobalt it's $675/mo

Tuesday, December 11, 2007 7:55 PM
I live in an apartment...I have a garage Hell its even an electric door opener. Now I just need a map sensor and some decent rubber for the road.

Tuesday, December 11, 2007 10:48 PM
Steve W wrote:I had remote start on my cavy. Asked for it for my cobalt for xmas, but nobody likes to buy me car parts for xmas... cept my dad and he won't.

I'm only 20 so buying a house is gunna be a few more years unless I wanna move a few miles east. I'm in WEST O.. Making a house payment for a 1 bedroom.

If I want a garage with opener that will barely fit my cobalt it's $675/mo

i can build a garage for that... it would be about a 12x20... For real. i was looking into it and since i work construction any way i wouldnt have any labor into it. granted that was using the cheapest materials money could buy but i still could have done it. i was gonna do it to store my car in but instead i came across a free spot in a spec house we built

Wednesday, December 12, 2007 6:14 AM
both of my z's are neseled safely away for hibernation

Wednesday, December 12, 2007 1:30 PM
Well i pay $625/mo in rent for a small ass one bedroom. It's $50 a month for a dinkey little 8' garage. I thought they were bigger, but the maintance guy let me roll my car in, and that's all that's gunna fit. I was like, that's crap.

So I take it nobody has axcess to a welder??

The money starts rolling in tomorrow... woot woot. Gunna like the pay of working 72 hours a week.

Sunday, December 16, 2007 9:16 AM
Can anybody recommend somewhere to pick up 4x100 steelies? Have to be 15" or bigger though, 14" barely clear the caliper, and I mean like 1/4 inch.

Sunday, December 16, 2007 4:01 PM
I'd try the junkyard steve.. and I think I have a valvecover for you..

I picked up an eco from an 07 cobalt with like 7,000 miles on it. My buddy gave it to me for free..It has a frozen piston in cylinder one and they couldnt get it unstuck, but it comes with everything else so I figure I should be able to build one good motor out of 3

anyways steve, the valve cover isnt like the other 2.2's it is made for the individual coil packs, not the black cluster coil strip like the eco's in cavaliers have. Allthough if you can use it its yours.

Sunday, December 16, 2007 4:08 PM
...I will make it work.

I will throw you $20 to help with your build too. When can I grab that from you?

Sunday, December 16, 2007 4:14 PM
Oh also brandon... that motor is gunna have SRI, so you might run into problems with that. It's the 2nd recycle induction crap. Basically Chevys cheap version of an EGR valve. I'm sure you could probably just use a block of plate or something for it, but just giving you a heads up.

Let me know later what parts you don't use off that motor... I could probably use a few and get them ported out .

Sunday, December 16, 2007 4:20 PM
I know, I'm only trying to use the bottom end though, You can have it for free but if you insist I dont deny *JBO... Once I find out what I need then you can probably have the head and all the sensors I wont be using

Sunday, December 16, 2007 4:24 PM
hat would be awesome. And an edit for above SAI (Second air Injection)

Sunday, December 16, 2007 4:38 PM
brandon, can you measure the length of your oil return line, from turbo to pan please.... nobody seems to be answering in the boost forum

Sunday, December 16, 2007 4:51 PM
Otherwise Brandon... I'm reading that the 2007 changed to the serpeate coil spark plugs (however you want to describe it)... Do you have one off the old motor that I could borrow from you, have it powder coated, then just give you the one off my cobalt?

Sunday, December 16, 2007 5:09 PM
Vince, I bought a -4an AFCO line that was 2ft. worked perfect

Steve, Yes I also do have a traditional eco VC around here as well, You can pay me for mine and keep yours to sell, everyones happy?

Sunday, December 16, 2007 5:18 PM
How much for the traditional VC? When can I pick it up?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search