Fall 08 Omaha/western Iowa area meet... - Mid Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Fall 08 Omaha/western Iowa area meet...
Friday, September 05, 2008 8:19 AM
It's about that time of year where we need to have another get together and meet, guys. I'm thinking Saturday, September 27th.

This time I propose we have it at a neutral site where EVERYONE has to do a little bit of driving to get there. My thoughts have been surrounding Blue Lake- in Onawa, IA. It's a very nice location, tons of areas to park, picnic tables, shade, grilles. Just what we need. Also has lots of great locations for pictures, also just what we need. Roughly 55 miles from Omaha and around 40 miles from Sioux City. It's RIGHT off of I-29 so finding it will be very easily done. I am originally from Onawa so I know my way around the entire area and believe me, it's easy.

I believe the grilling would have been more of a success last time obviously if it hadn't have rained, but this worked out pretty nicely for the short time we did have so I think we definitely need to do this again. Same people bring the same stuff, new people can bring more.

So, what are everyone's thoughts?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, September 05, 2008 9:17 AM

Re: Fall 08 Omaha/western Iowa area meet...
Friday, September 05, 2008 11:19 AM
it sounds like a great idea. i wish we could have it the weekend before because the 27th is my weekend to work. and oct 3-5 i will be going to millstreams octoberfest.
if i cant make it, i am sorry guys. have a great time.

Friday, September 05, 2008 11:31 AM
Im down to meet, car wont be lookin as prestine as i'd like it to be, but im game to go

All show, coming soon ---> GO
Friday, September 05, 2008 12:04 PM
Friday, September 05, 2008 12:15 PM
differential + tg insert + money = I'll be there.

---------------------------------------------------
4 Cams...32 Valves...5 Liters...This Could Get Fun!

Friday, September 05, 2008 12:41 PM
K.C. StreetFire (Casey Schaaf) wrote:Im down to meet, car wont be lookin as prestine as i'd like it to be, but im game to go

I am in the same boat. I hit a cat and it took out front lip and horn. But I plan on being there.

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Friday, September 05, 2008 12:51 PM
it's ok guys, nobody is expecting trailer queens here. as most of you know my car is far from perfect and i could care less how others look as long as they are clean LOL

besides, pics hide flaws anyway wade im sure somebody can photoshop a lip on ur car

i met some new kids up north by where paul is from and they are stoked as hell to come. looking like 3-4 j's between them.

Friday, September 05, 2008 1:27 PM
this is sweet im from sioux city and i just got a 3800 swap done and was looking around the site and found you guys i thought the j bodys were far and few between in the mid west area
Friday, September 05, 2008 1:29 PM
d-d-d-d-d-did you say 3800 swap? IN SIOUX CITY?! *mouth drops*

this i gotta see.... you have a pm.

Friday, September 05, 2008 3:19 PM
mike burns wrote:this is sweet im from sioux city and i just got a 3800 swap done and was looking around the site and found you guys i thought the j bodys were far and few between in the mid west area

J's few and far between in the mid-west? Hell that's where most of the J's are.

Friday, September 05, 2008 4:20 PM
well i guess i really never notice i was into the muscle car thing before and i wanted somthing diffrent and i ended up doing the 3800 swap

Friday, September 05, 2008 4:30 PM
curt - lol.... this aint illinois man, there aint much out this way. it gets worse the further west you go. the eastern side of iowa has all the j's, this side... nope.

Friday, September 05, 2008 5:05 PM
I will put in for a few hours off at work, but I'd have to be home by 9:30pm, had to work the next day.... so i'm a maybe.

Nobody would want to see a basic cobalt anyways.

Friday, September 05, 2008 6:29 PM
I've got a crazy idea Brad... what if you went somewhere for once instead of having everyone come to you?

I won't be able to make it, my cash is tied up in my other car big right now.

Friday, September 05, 2008 7:29 PM
ive already asked off from work so I am in for sure, how about we get a list going and what everyone is bringing? I will be first to start the list, also we need to get a time of when we are going to meet!

Username....................Name..................where your from..................what your bringing.

1. marroquin11...........Luis Marroquin.............kansas city...................Drinks!

Friday, September 05, 2008 8:47 PM
1. marroquin11...........Luis Marroquin.............kansas city...................Drinks!
2.logicalkaos.........Trevor Blesh...........Omaha, NE...............Chicken
Friday, September 05, 2008 8:48 PM
kurt - dood the last 2 meets i arranged were over 90 miles away from me. you think your broke? i have two kids and am trying to make it on a worthless salary. gas sucks for everybody man, not just you. after what happened last time where there was more iowa and surrounding area people that showed up then omaha people i felt as though it would be cool to have EVERYONE have to drive, plus it gives more to the experience if you can enjoy the drive over. i do hope you can come though, it'd be very nice to finally get to meet you.

and awesome, this is shaping up to be the biggest one yet. and as always, ANYONE is welcome to stay at my house, its pretty small though so know that no more then like 10 people could stay. have a huge back yard though so camping out is more then welcomed as well! you'd just need to bring your own blankets and such because we dont have much extra and the stuff we do have is for kids so its small.

steve - LOL as always, nobody cares what you bring man, this is not a j-body exclusive meet. its nice to put a face to a screen name and even though we've met we've never gotten to hang out or anything so...

1. marroquin11...........Luis Marroquin.............Kansas City...................Drinks!
2. z yaaaa.....................Brad Wheeler...............Sioux City........................5lbs of hamburger
3. Casey Schaaf.........Casey Schaaf...............Kansas City....................2 Bags of chips
4. logicalkaos..............Trevor Blesh.................Omaha, NE.....................Chicken

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, September 05, 2008 8:49 PM

Friday, September 05, 2008 9:25 PM
what time are we talkin anyways? im gonna throw another trans in my car tomarow i really wanna get it there but im comin with it or not
Friday, September 05, 2008 9:30 PM
hey mike i just talked to that guy i mentioned, he said $350 for a good 5speed izuzu for a 2.2 base model.

times..

i was thinking same as last time, 3:00pm to whenever.

Saturday, September 06, 2008 6:08 AM
Iowa ORGers

Just did a search and found 118 IA guys, 171 IL guys, 201 WI guys, 110 MO guys, 380 MI guys, 263 IN, guys, and a whopping 659 OH guys.

Now granted not all active members or some may not even have J's anymore but they are out there lol.

mike burns wrote:i was into the muscle car thing

BOOOOO! j/k

Saturday, September 06, 2008 7:38 AM
like i said, the further west you go the j population drops. we are the furthest west in iowa.

Saturday, September 06, 2008 8:11 AM
is it just the trans or does he have anything else with it? im on a really tight budget on this car
Saturday, September 06, 2008 9:05 AM
z yaaaa wrote:like i said, the further west you go the j population drops. we are the furthest west in iowa.

Didn't even realize until I just looked at the numbers per state, very true.

Saturday, September 06, 2008 2:28 PM
i posted about the meet at cobaltss.net and jboi.org so hopefully were going to get a big turnout.

and club cav and bstuff.com

50 cars? ohhhhhhhhhhh yeaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Saturday, September 06, 2008 2:42 PM

Saturday, September 06, 2008 3:14 PM
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search