Omaha people i need your help. - Mid Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Omaha people i need your help.
Friday, August 14, 2009 6:34 AM
Alright guys heres the deal. As it is right now there is a 90% chance that my wife and I are going to be relocated to the Omaha area. Heres where the fun begins, now we have to pack up and move again. 2nd time in the last 3 months. and 2nd time moving over 100 miles. what i need to know is the best places to look for an apartment around Omaha and Council Bluffs?

I am married now and i need a place that is safer and not a higher crime area. Affordable is always good but i want a safe place for my wife and I to settle in. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. finally if this move happens my wife and I are going to be deployed for 6 months were the place that we have in Omaha is going to have to sit, but we do not want to pack up our furniture and put it in storage, so we are looking for a place that we can essentially leave with our stuff in it and not worry about it being gone when we get back.

any help and suggestions is going to be greatly appreciated.

Re: Omaha people i need your help.
Friday, August 14, 2009 11:32 AM
elkhorn, millard, papilion, just north of center 100st-200st is a huge residential area with nice gated apartments and townhomes, the some of the apartments have gyms,pools,club houses, garages that are included. also for a good apartment around the area is between 700-750 2 bedroom with, 1200-1500 for 3-4bedroom apartments with fire place and that stuff, lofts and townhouses go for around there also.

Friday, August 14, 2009 2:11 PM
Biltmore apts
Vanderbilt apts
benz place apts
tranquility point town homes
eagle run apts

thats just off the top of my head and stay away from council bluffs

Sunday, August 16, 2009 10:00 AM
You could register on nestreetscene.com and ask, there are alot more local omaha people.

------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday, August 16, 2009 12:33 PM
Yea... Kyle is looking for a roomate still $400 a month . 1320video FTW!

Sunday, August 16, 2009 3:31 PM
400 huh? too bad i got a kid on the way. i need a place in omaha. gunna go back to school and finish my diesel tech stuff at metro

"It's called reading! Top to bottom, left to right... a group of words together is called a sentence. Take Tylenol for any headaches... Midol for any cramps."
Sunday, August 16, 2009 6:52 PM
what campus is that at?

------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, August 17, 2009 6:25 AM
thanks for the suggestions guys.

whats wrong with council bluffs? i mean its not like its carter lake

Monday, August 17, 2009 10:28 AM
American Henchman wrote:thanks for the suggestions guys.

whats wrong with council bluffs? i mean its not like its carter lake

just go to the walmart there and that will be all you need to know

Wednesday, August 19, 2009 12:04 AM
I rofl'ed right out of my chair.

I had an apartment at SteepleChase before I moved. It was nice and quiet and in a good area minus the sucky parking.
At the time $900/mo for 3br 2bath 1500sq ft.
Wednesday, August 19, 2009 11:31 PM
council bluff is called council tucky for a reason. A lot of white trash there. The taxes are cheaper there, and your plates and whatnot will be less. Douglas county has higher taxes then Sarpy, so I prefer Bellevue, which is where I'm at. Lots of nice houses around here for rent, you can get a 2 car garage and decent sized house for 1000-1300/month, depending on your budget. i'm lucky enough to have a 3 car for 1275/month in bellevue, and my house was just built in 03. Milliard is nice, Ralston/La Vista aren't bad. Where will you be working, I'd pick where you live based upon that to help you not to deal with traffic in your commute.

Thursday, August 20, 2009 12:41 AM
I was also going to suggest Bellevue. After moving here, I love the place. The Papillion/LaVista/Bellevue area is nice. If you can snag a house like Paul suggested, that would be a killer way to go. If not, and you want an apartment, the best one's I can think of for being cozy and away from crime and all that, and still being real nice apartments would be the new ones behind Twin Creek Cinema, or Overlook. Those are in Bellevue. I don't know a whole ton about living situations outside of Bellevue.

And sorry Steve that you are(and I am sure as @!#$ not) a nutswinger of the "infamous" Kyle... Just an immature tool bag who promotes street racing with HORRID videos that he somehow manages to market.... Sorry the guy is a stuck up tool and everyone who swings on his nuts for whatever reason just feed a useless and unjustified ego.

ANYWAY....

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

In my family we teach that boys have a God-stick and girls have a Shame Cave. -John Stewart
Thursday, August 20, 2009 6:09 AM
i will be working in downtown omaha on capitol drive. I have looked at some places in bellevue and Papillion areas online. as well as some lofts in the old market area. I think now it is just a matter of what the pay offer is for the job whether or not i will take it. But it is an oppertunity that could boost my career for the future. I will hopefully know more next week. the wife and i will probably be coming to omaha next weekend to look at apartments and such. right now she is having to leave her job to follow me for work. so it will just be my income for a little while. I hate to make her leave her job because she just got her own classroom today and school starts this morning so we have been busy trying to decorate it. Oh well what can you do sometimes. Thanks for the advice once we look at some more place i will post a list so you guys can dish out the good, the bad and the trash areas. Also white trash does scare me. i grew up in small town iowa and amish town ohio. so i have seen my share.

Thursday, August 20, 2009 6:10 AM
American Henchman wrote:i will be working in downtown omaha on capitol drive. I have looked at some places in bellevue and Papillion areas online. as well as some lofts in the old market area. I think now it is just a matter of what the pay offer is for the job whether or not i will take it. But it is an oppertunity that could boost my career for the future. I will hopefully know more next week. the wife and i will probably be coming to omaha next weekend to look at apartments and such. right now she is having to leave her job to follow me for work. so it will just be my income for a little while. I hate to make her leave her job because she just got her own classroom today and school starts this morning so we have been busy trying to decorate it. Oh well what can you do sometimes. Thanks for the advice once we look at some more place i will post a list so you guys can dish out the good, the bad and the trash areas. Also white trash does NOT scare me. i grew up in small town iowa and amish town ohio. so i have seen my share.

**edited for your comfort

Re: Omaha people i need your help.****UPDATE
Wednesday, August 26, 2009 1:29 PM
Alrighty guys got the news i was waiting for. Heading your direction.

After checking crime rates. Costs of living www.city-data.com
rental prices and such.
Council Bluffs does not seem to bad. Atleast Shadow Woods Apartments.
Omaha. Kind of liked the Fontenelle Hills apartments.

Does anyone know about working in downtown omaha and living in iowa. the state tax idea kind of has me nervous?

Wednesday, August 26, 2009 2:36 PM
generally you will end up oweing iowa i believe or something dumb like that. cuz i lived in nebraska and worked in iowa and i was gunna owe NE like 40 bux or somthing dumb like that for state taxes. but i had to do taxes in both iowa and ne since i worked in both states so i just claimed a partial residency and got a refund from both states lmao

"It's called reading! Top to bottom, left to right... a group of words together is called a sentence. Take Tylenol for any headaches... Midol for any cramps."
Wednesday, August 26, 2009 6:36 PM
from what I hear Fontenelle Hills is really nice.

In my family we teach that boys have a God-stick and girls have a Shame Cave. -John Stewart
Thursday, September 03, 2009 7:38 AM
Here is the list we are looking at

London Square Apartments
Southwinds
Gateway
Briar Hills
Shadow Park

we'll be omaha this saturday around 10:00 am so i will be driving for a while. if any of these throw a red flag of death please let me know.

Thursday, September 03, 2009 7:03 PM
Fontonelle Hills is very nice. it's a wooded area, and great scenery. Only problem about living in Iowa is dealing with the traffic every morning. I googled the areas of those apartments.

Shadow Park is in the better area of CB, but it's still now amazing.

Briar Hills is a sure bet, good area, and if close to work, minimal traffic to deal with (no jams like common on interstates)

Gateway - eh, I'd avoid it, there are better options

Southwinds is a nice area. I like La Vista especially closer to 96.

London Square Apartments - decent area, nothing wrong with it. Where do you work again? Got the address?

Thursday, September 03, 2009 9:25 PM
Josh Williams wrote:just go to the walmart there and that will be all you need to know
ROFLZ!!11!1!!!1

Tuesday, September 08, 2009 6:13 AM
well i must apologize when you guys were talking about council bluffs, i thought that i could not possibly be that bad. i mean redneck or not its not horrible. while we were looking for apartments we drove through, Council-tucky and Oh dear lord that is not an area where i would like to settle. i don't know whether it was the main drag through or the houses with bars on the doors and windows, but something just sent up a red flag in my mind. so again i apologize for not trusting the orgs opinion on this.

other than that we like the bellevue, la vista area around the AFB and their leases will deal with my military leaves so that is probably be where we end up.

Tuesday, September 08, 2009 8:03 PM
You should rent my old apartment on 156th and Q street, it's more out west but easy easy access to highway 370 which takes you right down to bellevue.

If you move in I will even pay the first months rent I moved back in with my parents to go back to school and couldn't afford both.

It's 750/mo though for a really nice one bedroom.

Tuesday, September 08, 2009 8:28 PM
he can do 750 in bellevue, and get a house in capehart housing no problem

Tuesday, September 08, 2009 9:27 PM
yea no crap. for that kind of money just buy a freakn house. ive never understood how people can just throw 500+ a month into the wind like that. makes no sense to me.

anyways... hope you make it sporky. be cool to finally get to meet you lol

Familiar Taste of Poison.
Tuesday, September 08, 2009 11:21 PM
And Capehart is right around the corner... Great another JBO'er moving to the Bellevue area. My advice would be duct tape your ass at least for a week when you sleep. You might not be living IN the same house as Pauly, but seriously, it's a chance not worth taking!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search