E30 BMW for sale! - Mid Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
E30 BMW for sale!
Friday, December 11, 2009 1:09 PM
Anyone in the Omaha area want to buy my E30? Car needs to go NOW. MUST sell before Christmas so I can buy my new vehicle and have it ready before I go on vacation.

Here is the ad:

Found a good deal on a truck that I can't pass up. Can't have 3 vehicles, this one MUST sell ASAP. Throw me offers. Asking $1600 obo.

The car:
1985 BMW 325e coupe. power everything(power locks don't work, manually they do). All other power options work. Leather seats, front sport seats. Power moon roof even works flawlessly. NO LEAKS!
The 2.7L straight six is a stout little motor and reliable as hell. Car has 209K on the odometer but the motor was replaced while in previous owners possession. Unsure of actual mileage, but do know that the timing belt and tensioner are quite new. VERY minimal rust for the car and age. I am super impressed with its body's condition.

Since I have owned it, I have done the following:
-All new accessory belts.
-2 new coolant hoses, and will be doing the 3rd tomorrow.
-Brand new motor mounts.
-New oil pan and gasket.(Got a crack that leaked, did not want to repair, so bought a new one)
-I will be doing spark plugs tomorrow. After the plugs and upper radiator hose, this car will be issue free.
-Adjusted valves not even 20 miles ago.
-When pan was replaced, she got a fresh filter and 5-40 Rotella full synthetic oil. Has been less than 20 miles!

Included with the car but not installed:
-Front control arm bushings. Got them in a package of parts, mine aren't in need yet.
-Ireland Engineering poly motor mount. Had one given to me, but don't have a matching one.
-OEM trans. mount. Came in the package of parts, but again, car doesn't need it.
-Full replacement tie rods. One outer has a little play, full replacements were cheap.
-3 mint condition Uniroyal Tiger Paw tires.
-New timing belt and tensioner. Also came in that big pack of parts I didn't need.

The bad:
-After market paint job is not the best. Chipping in spots. Seems prep wasn't the best, but the color is beautiful and for a race car project, or just a DD, it looks great. Not a show car by any means.
-Needs battery. With a jump, starts and runs the car, but has too low of voltage to start the car on it's own.
-Car comes without a head unit.
-Windshield is cracked
-Play in the shifter bushings. You can shift it from gear to gear fine, but there is very noticeable slop in the bushings. PelicanParts.com sells a full kit to make it tighter than stock. I can provide a link to that for anyone who buys the car. It's relatively cheap and easy for anyone mechanically inclined.

I can get a new battery in the car before you take it if you put a deposit down or pay me and come with me to get it. I am seriously too broke to buy one until the car sells lol. Can do the same with a head unit. Give me the money, I would buy and install one for you. Factory speakers work and come with the car (in one pic, a factory speaker is out. I was test fitting some after market ones. You don't get those lol)

PICTURES!!!:
http://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i307/jlaudiocavalier/E30/

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

In my family we teach that boys have a God-stick and girls have a Shame Cave. -John Stewart

Re: E30 BMW for sale!
Friday, December 11, 2009 3:57 PM
yes, do sell. i cannot picture you inside this car. i draw a blank.

Stand in the corner and SCREAM with me!!!!
Friday, December 11, 2009 7:39 PM
hahahaha I have fun driving this car. If it were more what I needed, I would keep it. I love the thing!

In my family we teach that boys have a God-stick and girls have a Shame Cave. -John Stewart
Friday, January 01, 2010 11:25 PM
new CL link:

http://omaha.craigslist.org/cto/1506313547.html

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search