catalic converter - Mid Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
catalic converter
Monday, January 11, 2010 1:19 PM
i got a 2004 cavy lss , and i was just wondering if it is worth buying it? also what kind to buy so it fits on my stock pipes ? also i noticed some of them say WILL NOT FIT ECOTEC ENGINE . but it will fit 2.2 lol i got 2.2 ecotec , confused about that part............. so what you guys think? wat catalic converter to get? and where?

Re: catalic converter
Monday, January 11, 2010 1:30 PM
There is an older OHV pushrod 2.2 engine and a 2200 engine. In total the 3rd gen's came with 3 different 2.2 engines.

Why are you wanting to buy a new cat to begin with?

Monday, January 11, 2010 1:34 PM
yea why would you buy a new cat if your not replacing the whole exhaust system

Monday, January 11, 2010 6:38 PM
i got a muffler already and catalic converter now then headers rest is just pipes , and cat gives you some power

i got the 2.2 ecotec 2004 ls sport
Monday, January 11, 2010 6:57 PM
Haha, A cat will give you no power.

Wednesday, January 13, 2010 12:08 AM
buy a magnaflow hi flow if you want the appearance of a catalytic for legal reasons, and dont mind spending the money. buying a factory one will probably be more expensive and it wont help your hp. when i did my exhaust i did an obx header, 2.5" exhaust, magnaflow cat, and flowmaster muffler..

buying a stock cat will keep your hp right where it is.. it wont help it any

Wednesday, January 13, 2010 7:51 AM
or run a test pipe with 2 spark plug anti foulers screwed into one another and put your post cat o2 in there and no cat...and no code. Plus you won't spend much on it

Thursday, January 14, 2010 9:34 PM
dude get one off ebay for $60 then go to the muffler shop and have em put it on for $20
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search