No more front plate for IL? - Mid Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
No more front plate for IL?
Saturday, January 23, 2010 2:34 PM

Re: No more front plate for IL?
Saturday, January 23, 2010 4:18 PM
lucky bastards.

Saturday, January 23, 2010 4:22 PM
About time. I've been pulled over for this one more times than I care to remember!

Wait. DAMMIT. I am not in Illinois any longer...boo! It figures. Soon as I leave, they do this. Next thing they'll repeal the speed limits!

Bill Hahn Jr.
Hahn RaceCraft

World's Quickest and Fastest Street J-Bodies
Turbocharging GM FWD's since 1988
www.turbosystem.com

Saturday, January 23, 2010 4:51 PM
ChevyBoi89 Online
z yaaaa wrote:lucky bastards.

Saturday, January 23, 2010 5:48 PM
Hopefully it goes through like the tint law did

Saturday, January 23, 2010 7:11 PM
they tried this a while ago and i believe it stalled. this actually would save the state a lot of money. even though they can now ticket it. with metal prices and what not, it saves them more by only using one plate.

Sunday, January 24, 2010 4:37 AM
thanks god..

not like I actually put one on anyways

no more 75 dollar tickets though haha

Sunday, January 24, 2010 6:27 AM
dont you guys have mile markers ever 1/4 mile too?

it'd save even more to do away with that nonsense.

Sunday, January 24, 2010 7:00 AM
KleindlGTP wrote:thanks god..

not like I actually put one on anyways

no more 75 dollar tickets though haha

x2.

Sunday, January 24, 2010 9:26 AM
ive never been ticketed, only 6-12 warnings is all though. FF plates FTW!!!!!

Sunday, January 24, 2010 10:23 AM
z yaaaa wrote:dont you guys have mile markers ever 1/4 mile too?

That's more towards Chicago. I agree, though, it's kind of ridiculous. When you get a little ways away from the city, they go strictly by the mile.

I'm kind of confused though. What was the reasoning for requiring the front plate in the first place? Running red lights? I never quite understood that law.

I have no signiture

Sunday, January 24, 2010 10:52 AM
some of it is so cops can hit the radar on something when you're coming at them.

but, identification is pretty much it.

that and they are reflective, so... if say a cop shines his spot light on the car, it shows up very brightly. that and it also helps other drivers see you coming etc...

Sunday, January 24, 2010 11:04 AM
Whalesac wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:dont you guys have mile markers ever 1/4 mile too?

That's more towards Chicago. I agree, though, it's kind of ridiculous. When you get a little ways away from the city, they go strictly by the mile.

I'm kind of confused though. What was the reasoning for requiring the front plate in the first place? Running red lights? I never quite understood that law.

cop can pass you coming at you, see your plate, run it while he is going the opposite direction, could come back with something illegal, pull you over.

Sunday, January 24, 2010 12:40 PM
If this passes, I will be running out immediately to get some plugs and paint for the license plate holes!

Between this (if it passes) and the recently passed tint law, the Vibe will be looking so damn sexy and best of all, I won't have to worry about getting pulled over and warned or ticketed!

Thanks for posting this Vince! Here's hoping it passes *fingers crossed*!

Sunday, January 24, 2010 12:49 PM
J TO ENVY wrote:If this passes, I will be running out immediately to get some plugs and paint for the license plate holes!

Between this (if it passes) and the recently passed tint law, the Vibe will be looking so damn sexy and best of all, I won't have to worry about getting pulled over and warned or ticketed!

Thanks for posting this Vince! Here's hoping it passes *fingers crossed*!

suck it up and go get some now!!

Sunday, January 24, 2010 1:03 PM
Twisted Cav(sdwndr2) wrote:Hopefully it goes through like the tint law did

What changed here?

Sunday, January 24, 2010 2:23 PM
KleindlGTP wrote:suck it up and go get some now!!

I might have to start looking for the materials now . I know you said you got your plugs at Auto Zone, but what kind of plugs were they again? And you just painted them with GM touch up paint, correct?

Twisted Cav(sdwndr2) wrote:Hopefully it goes through like the tint law did
I drive a silver car wrote:What changed here?

New tint law passed October 30, 2009!

Sunday, January 24, 2010 2:55 PM
Yea I picked them up at Auto zone.. I want to say they ware trunk plugs from a toyota. They have them in a bunch of different sizes too. Then just picked up a little tube of GM paint and that was that

Sunday, January 24, 2010 4:30 PM
Sweet! I will definitely get in gear with my search. Thanks!

Wednesday, January 27, 2010 5:56 AM
lol this is awesome lol im kinda glad i roughed it and never drilled for front plates on either car lol woot woot

Wednesday, January 27, 2010 12:49 PM
Sweet!!!

I run no plate on my cobra. It would be nice not to have to worry about getting a ticket!

"Remember do what you like because you have to drive it."--Me

Sunday, January 31, 2010 1:34 PM
i was driving from st.louis to chicago yesterday and got a ticket for no plates, i am not drilling in my evo5 bodykit!!
Sunday, January 31, 2010 6:45 PM
Why not? You can't possibly do anything to it that could make it look worse? I would take a stock bumper that's cracked, finger painted pink, with 2 guys blowing each other airbrushed on it and then smear my own @!#$ on top of it over having an Evo5 front end. Serious, ghost ride that piece of @!#$ into a tree and start over.

Sunday, January 31, 2010 7:03 PM
Darkstars wrote:Why not? You can't possibly do anything to it that could make it look worse? I would take a stock bumper that's cracked, finger painted pink, with 2 guys blowing each other airbrushed on it and then smear my own @!#$ on top of it over having an Evo5 front end. Serious, ghost ride that piece of @!#$ into a tree and start over.

Like this!
Sunday, January 31, 2010 10:25 PM
Marco V wrote:
Darkstars wrote:Why not? You can't possibly do anything to it that could make it look worse? I would take a stock bumper that's cracked, finger painted pink, with 2 guys blowing each other airbrushed on it and then smear my own @!#$ on top of it over having an Evo5 front end. Serious, ghost ride that piece of @!#$ into a tree and start over.

Like this!

x2!!!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search