new plans - Mid Central Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
new plans
Monday, February 22, 2010 11:51 AM
so im selling my turbo kit to buy a new engine to build up cuz mine now has 161,xxx miles on it. Anyone know where i can get a good 2.2 non ecotec engine with low miles and tranny?

Re: new plans
Monday, February 22, 2010 2:23 PM
if you're swapping engines why are you going with another 2.2? y not go 2.4 or eco?

Monday, February 22, 2010 7:49 PM
actually....idk lol. Wouldnt it be easier to just keep the engine the same that way i dont have to change a bunch of other stuff too or how much more work would it be to go with either of those instead?
Monday, February 22, 2010 8:02 PM
Not that hard actually. I don't know the exact details but it doable for sure since you have an 00+

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Tuesday, February 23, 2010 10:43 AM
do some research in the third gen forum's, there's an eco swap thread there and there's ton's of other information on swapping other engines.

Tuesday, February 23, 2010 11:34 AM
well im thinkin id go with the 2.4 instead of the 2.2 eco
Tuesday, February 23, 2010 11:59 AM
go eco!!!!
Tuesday, February 23, 2010 12:38 PM
I dont like eco cuz when yu put a turbo on it its hidden.
Wednesday, February 24, 2010 2:54 PM
John Condon wrote:I dont like eco cuz when yu put a turbo on it its hidden.

is that not the point for people do not know what you have till its to late LMAO
Wednesday, February 24, 2010 2:59 PM
thats true as well
Wednesday, February 24, 2010 7:54 PM
John Condon wrote:I dont like eco cuz when yu put a turbo on it its hidden.
It would be the same with a 2.4 .....

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Wednesday, February 24, 2010 8:22 PM
its not always hidden

Thursday, February 25, 2010 11:39 AM
im a little hesitant to get a 2.4 cuz Ive seen a few of them blow up fairly easy. I can only afford this one time so im thinking the 2.2 Eco would be the best way to go.
Thursday, February 25, 2010 12:16 PM
John Condon wrote: Anyone know where i can get a good 2.2 non ecotec engine with low miles and tranny?

John Condon wrote:well im thinkin id go with the 2.4 instead of the 2.2 eco

John Condon wrote:im thinking the 2.2 Eco would be the best way to go.

Lol, Change your mind much?

Thursday, February 25, 2010 12:34 PM
Mike wrote:
John Condon wrote: Anyone know where i can get a good 2.2 non ecotec engine with low miles and tranny?

John Condon wrote:well im thinkin id go with the 2.4 instead of the 2.2 eco

John Condon wrote:im thinking the 2.2 Eco would be the best way to go.

Lol, Change your mind much?

lol ya. im just not sure what to get. I really want the 2.4 but they have a tendency to blow up pretty easy from what ive heard so that makes me lean more towards the 2.2 eco. Im just not sure what to do :/
Thursday, February 25, 2010 12:40 PM
I have a 2.4 and i would swap to an eco in a heartbeat. only problem is i have a 97. If i had an 00-02 the eco swap wouldve already happened.

Thursday, February 25, 2010 12:49 PM
Midnight Murder (Needs Boost) wrote:I have a 2.4 and i would swap to an eco in a heartbeat.

why is that?
Thursday, February 25, 2010 2:20 PM
Because the ecos were designed and hand built by Jesus Christ himself. Plus they don't have oiling problems and they don't throw rod bearings.

Thursday, February 25, 2010 7:57 PM
Darkstars wrote:Because the ecos were designed and hand built by Jesus Christ himself. Plus they don't have oiling problems and they don't throw rod bearings.

^^^^what he said about the whole jesus thing.

look op, both are fine engine's. if you can find either one that's been treated well you'll be fine. there are arguments for both engines. it's really just a matter of choice.

Monday, March 01, 2010 11:45 AM
but if i go eco then wont i have to do a @!#$ tone of re-wiring?
Monday, March 01, 2010 1:05 PM
It would be the same for the 2.4 you have to change out the wiring from the firewall forward. The eco sticky in 3rd gen tells everything that needs to be done. Your best bet would be to find a wrecked eco cavy and switch everything over

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search